Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tie and Mario are besties...lol

Domi and a D prospect (Juuls/Fleury/Brook)
for
Poulin, a roster player and their 1st

You don't need to add to Domi to get Poulin, a Roster player, and the 1st. I guess that depends on what roster player? Probably going to be Bjugstad who has one year left then UFA. He is almost negative value at this point though.

And although their 1st is 15th this year.... I might ask for the 2021 1st instead and give them #1 OA protection only

I just don't see Poulin and a 1st enough for Domi and not sure I value any roster player they send us.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Friedman reporting how it looks from the Pens side of things. But what about the Habs? We are not going to trade Domi for futures only IMO. Need a roster player and don't see anything they would provide that I would really like.

Pens fans say no to Poulin. Well, Poulin is only the 1st must have. Who's the roster player that gets this deal done? I like Poulin a lot but even if they add the 15th pick, not sure I make that move.
Agree.....we not just moving Domi for unprovens.

Poulin, 2nd and Tanev I’d go for, I like Tanev’s energy.

it would also give us another solid prospect and a pick to boot

Reactions: Runner77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We’ll see :D

remember, Cap is more than likely staying put for a few years
Who are his comparables ?

OEL signed last year @ 8.3 for 8 at 29.
Trouba signed last year @ 8 for 7 at 26.
Suter signed in 12-13 @ 7.5 for 13 years at 30.
Vlasic signed last year @ 7 for 8 years at 32.
Giordano signed in 16-17 @ 6.75 for 6 years at 33.
McDonagh just signed @ 6.75 for 7 years at 31.
Yandle signed in 16-17 @ 6.35 for 7 years at 30.
Ellis signed this year @ 6.250 for 8 years at 29.
Myers signed this year @ 6 for 5 years at 30.
Edler signed this year @ 6 for 2 years at 32.
Johnson signed in 16-17 @ 6 for 7 years at 30.
Boychuck signed in 15-16 @6 for 7 years at 32.

Yet, somehow... Petry whos probably better than most of them will sign for the least money of all and the least term.

... ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Agree.....we not just moving Domi for unprovens.

Poulin, 2nd and Tanev I’d go for, I like Tanev’s energy.

it would also give us another solid prospect and a pick to boot
Not moving Domi for unproven but unproven and a 4th liner, that gets Jaffy all worked up.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Yet, somehow... Petry whos probably better than most of them will sign for the least money of all and the least term.

... ?

Petry is older, and will be signing in a year when cap is tight.

The best thing that can happy to a player's finances is to hit free agency in a year when the cap is going up. It's like graduating from college during an economic boom.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Petry will be 33 1/2 by the time his contract is over, sorry, but this is not the age where players cash in on huge contracts,

6m$ per for 3yrs and he’ll hurry to sign on dotted line.

he’s staying

there’s a precedent for this.
Markov, at 33, signed a 3 year extension at the same AVV.
Age factor offsetting inflation ... and now there’s a flat cap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The best thing that can happy to a player's finances is to hit free agency in a year when the cap is going up.

It's interesting that we have all these key UFA's to sign and then bang... a flat cap. This might play into our favor big time and when the cap rises after Seattle and TV deal in 3 more seasons, we have value contracts for our vets and we can pay our kids? Might fall in line nicely

I am sure Bergevin inquires on contract extensions in October. If nobody gets extended, something is up

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It's interesting that we have all these key UFA's to sign and then bang... a flat cap. This might play into our favor big time and when the cap rises after Seattle and TV deal in 3 more seasons, we have value contracts for our vets and we can pay our kids? Might fall in line nicely

I am sure Bergevin inquires on contract extensions in October. If nobody gets extended, something is up

If he resigns those players then he has to protect them.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

The best thing that can happy to a player's finances is to hit free agency in a year when the cap is going up. It's like graduating from college during an economic boom.
I hope its true because Petry @ wtv for 3 years is a beautiful contract, but I think thats wishful thinking. Petrys coming off the best years of his career and he's only going to take a .500 pay increase ?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
there’s a precedent for this.
Markov, at 33, signed a 3 year extension at the same AVV.
Age factor offsetting inflation ... and now there’s a flat cap.
Petey is better at that age. I think he's getting at least $6.5

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We agree on this one. I wanted Poulin+ a lot if we traded Tatar (playoff run and extra year left) but for the 25 year old Domi who is RFA controlled for 2 more years? We need a proven piece coming back and not sure the Pens have that piece we would value.

Who's the roster player you would take on top of Poulin?

Honestly there’s no one on their roster I would want that they’d realistically give up.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly there’s no one on their roster I would want that they’d realistically give up.

Same feeling here. I looked at Hornqvist but he's 33+ now. Probably need a 3 way trade to make it work for us.

Habs trade: Domi, Fleury
Pens trade: Letang, Poulin

What 3rd team needs a RD like Letang and has a LD we can use? Pens get Domi and Fleury while we get Poulin and a LD or a Power forward type?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

... ?
They all signed pre-Covid flat cap for next 3-seasons. Will be interesting if players sign for $ with limited term or lower $ for longer term. I suspect Hall will do a Hossa, but someone older like Petry will take term with less $ - especially since he qualifies for non US taxed bonus structured contracts

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Not moving Domi for unproven but unproven and a 4th liner, that gets Jaffy all worked up.

Yeah, if they are going to move Domi I’d want a proven younger guy back. Actually, I wound not move him.

There are plenty of teams up against the cap. MB can work a take a guy off their hands deal and get a pick or unproven prospect. No need to subtract youth from MTL lineup to do so.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I agree on Caufield and then a substantial drop. We will see what Ylonen and Teasdale do in Laval next year. Poehling might stall again or jump forward. But yeah, it's a grade A and then multiple B's or worse at wing. I consider Poehling a winger at this stage with some hope he can play center but looks like a good skating power forward winger to me. Heading into this past year, I had Poehling as a A- or B+ and now I have him as a B.

I think we draft a winger with our 16th pick. Not many D around that spot and lots of wingers.

What's going on with Tatar, Domi, Drouin? Who knows but every team needs players 25+ and even 30+. Having a complete hockey team from 20-30 lacks leadership. I think Tavares and Muzzin are not enough for the Leafs to be honest. We have to be careful with drooling over futures only. A combo of the two is the smarter plan IMO. Or you run the risk of being a team like the Sabres

I agree with having some 25+ players on the roster. We don't want to be Edmonton or Toronto. But we need to add to the prospect pool to eventually bring in, and replace the older bodies. Something we currently don't have.

Funny enough, Petry is the oldest of all you mentionned... Why is he going nowhere ? Hockey is a business, nothing more. You have to make tough moves for the future.

I don't judge players solely on age. Petry in particular has been getting better and better and isn't showing signs of slowing down. In fact, he's trending more to become the no. 1 D as Weber gets older. So I can see Petry maintaining his level for a few more years to come and as we currently don't have RD ready to step in and his and Weber's games are arguably the best on the team, I don't see Bergevin trading Petry anytime soon.

I think Domi should take tatar's spot on the top line. Before we talk about his performance

Ehh. Neither has impressed at this point. I would bring Domi onto KK's line and shift Drouin to RW and drop Armia down. Give 3 players a shake at the same time and see how it shakes out.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree with having some 25+ players on the roster. We don't want to be Edmonton or Toronto. But we need to add to the prospect pool to eventually bring in, and replace the older bodies. Something we currently don't have.

We will. We have several drafts to do this before those current 25+ guys are gone.... unless we trade them

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I don't judge players solely on age. Petry in particular has been getting better and better and isn't showing signs of slowing down. In fact, he's trending more to become the no. 1 D as Weber gets older. So I can see Petry maintaining his level for a few more years to come and as we currently don't have RD ready to step in and his and Weber's games are arguably the best on the team, I don't see Bergevin trading Petry anytime soon.

Logic dictates that the 33 years old Dman that relies solely on his skating ability will basically be useless once that leaves.

What do players lose first ?

Doesnt take a rocket surgeon to figure the grammar equation out. (Or maybe ?)

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Same feeling here. I looked at Hornqvist but he's 33+ now. Probably need a 3 way trade to make it work for us.

Habs trade: Domi, Fleury
Pens trade: Letang, Poulin

What 3rd team needs a RD like Letang and has a LD we can use? Pens get Domi and Fleury while we get Poulin and a LD or a Power forward type?

No interest in Letang for Domi, even though I like Poulin.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Jackets have 5 millions in cap space and could use someone like Domi IMO. They also have plenty of young, cheap and talented wingers to send our way.

Bemstrom, Texier, Anderson, Bjorkstrand, Foudy are targets Id look at.

The Rangers might want to accelerate their window and move on from Strome as a 2nd line C. Domi would fit in like a glove there, IMO, behind a true 1C like Zibby.

Kravtsov, Andersson, Miller, Lundkvist, Hajek and Robertson are targets Id look at.

The prized packaged would be Poulin and the Pen's first though. Poulin would fit in like a glove on this roster, allowing the Habs to focus their drafting needs on high end talent rather than brawn.

Winnipeg, Calgary and Dallas are also teams looking for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad