Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
And why can't we get a grade A prospect along with a player that logs 18 minutes a night and looks good offensively in Aho ? (Or Dunn, or who ever.)

Do you think the Isles will trade Leddy and a grade A prospect for Petry ?

Dunn I would do it ! Dunn + somethings no problem. Sanheim I would probably do it to ! But Aho ...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Did it make sense to trade a 35 goals scorer, and the captain of the team for a 5'10 prospect and a 5'10 winger who didn't play in six months because he was bad ?
Well yes...clearly.

P.S. I also love how you framed this question...how many people here called Pacioretty a 35 goal scorer this summer coming off a 17 goal campaign (I know I still did)...also love how you refer to Nick Suzuki as a "5'10 prospect" and Tatar as a "5 10 winger who didn't play in 6 months because he was bad".

You're too much man lol

For the record, Tomas Tatar's last NHL game last year was June 7th, 2018...the same as all of the rest of the Vegas Knights & Washington Capitals who played that day.

Like, do you ever bother fact checking ANY of your posts? Or is it literally throw s**t against the wall season, every day in your world?

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did it make sense to trade a 35 goals scorer, and the captain of the team for a 5'10 prospect and a 5'10 winger who didn't play in six months because he was bad ?

A winger don't have to deal with attacks down low in their own end like D man do. Also, in terms of size, strength needs to be factored in. A 6'-2" Patch can be weaker than a 5'-10 Tatar.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
A winger don't have to deal with attacks down low in their own end like D man do. Also, in terms of size, strength needs to be factored in. A 6'-2" Patch can be weaker than a 5'-10 Tatar.
While I somewhat agree with you - that it's important to have the right balance.

Today's rules actually favor smaller/shiftier players. It's actually difficult for bigger guys to defend smaller guys who can get inside because they can't put their hands on them without being called for interference.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
While I somewhat agree with you - that it's important to have the right balance.

Today's rules actually favor smaller/shiftier players. It's actually difficult for bigger guys to defend smaller guys who can get inside because they can't put their hands on them without being called for interference.

Nah... If you give me another Juulsen on the LD side, I'm very happy! Not talking about Benn types who lack vision and foot speed. Talking about a guy like Juulsen, Sandin, Bean types. I'm OK with either Reilly or Mete playing with Juulsen on the bottom pairing but both in the line-up? Hell no!

Honestly, I don't care if they are 5'-10" or 6'-1", I want someone tough, can skate, and has decent puck moving ability. If you provide more offensive ability, awesome. But it starts with shutdown ability with me first.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well yes...clearly.

P.S. I also love how you framed this question...how many people here called Pacioretty a 35 goal scorer this summer coming off a 17 goal campaign (I know I still did)...also love how you refer to Nick Suzuki as a "5'10 prospect" and Tatar as a "5 10 winger who didn't play in 6 months because he was bad".

You're too much man lol

For the record, Tomas Tatar's last NHL game last year was June 7th, 2018...the same as all of the rest of the Vegas Knights & Washington Capitals who played that day.

Like, do you ever bother fact checking ANY of your posts? Or is it literally throw s**t against the wall season, every day in your world?
Why do I even bother with you anymore.... jesus

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Petry move might happen soon, Juulsen is coming back.

Petry for Sebastian Aho and a 2nd ? The Isles may like that.
I agree Petry should be traded while his value is high a team like Tampa would want a RHD like Petry after missing out on Karlsson and they only have 2 RHD Stralman who is injured and Girardi and both are UFA in the summer.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I agree Petry should be traded while his value is high a team like Tampa would want a RHD like Petry after missing out on Karlsson and they only have 2 RHD Stralman who is injured and Girardi and both are UFA in the summer.
I doubt TB has the money for it, havent looked into it.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Petry won't get traded. Period. Maybe next year but that's only if Juulsen gets better.
Do you think this management wants to go with Juulsen as #1 D if Weber gets injured, suspended or gets sick?

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Petry won't get traded. Period. Maybe next year but that's only if Juulsen gets better.
Do you think this management wants to go with Juulsen as #1 D if Weber gets injured, suspended or gets sick?
This management is stupid....they are not trying to win ....if they were they would get a D partner for Weber they would have signed Radulov would have spent their cap space.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
I doubt TB has the money for it, havent looked into it.
Yes,with Tampa you would have to eat some of Petry's contract maybe with the way Sergachev is struggling ....Petry and Mete for Sergachev and Raddyish.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Armia won't play on the first line. He is a bottom line RW. Third line is already the best he can provide. Shaw doesn't deserve to go from 1st line to bottom line. He is playing his best hockey in Montreal since he was acquired. He is a super good fit with Drouin and Domi.
Shaw is doing well right now but redundant soon enough... Armia is a big guy who is a very good stickhandler, good reach and solid puck possession skills, he was very good on Kotkaniemi's line and I could see him fitting very well on the top line eventually... Im pretty sure he will be tried there at some point in the season and I bet you will be surprised of the result...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This management is stupid....they are not trying to win ....if they were they would get a D partner for Weber they would have signed Radulov would have spent their cap space.
A stupid management would have overpaid by trading young key assets to get that famous Weber's partner, stupid management would have commited long term on a russian winger who had reputation issue and only played 1 good season in Montreal, signing Radulov doesnt solve our center line issue and chances are high we arent bad enough to draft Kotka... Its basically impossible to get top pairing defensemen or quality top 6 centers, teams just keep them, if you want one, you basically have to sell your prospects bank and first round picks, THIS would be stupid management...

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why is there a fixation that Petry value is high and only getting lower. That's just false if anything is value will increase as the salary cap will continue to rise and more teams would be interested when his terms are shorter.

Reactions: Vachon23 and 417

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why is there a fixation that Petry value is high and only getting lower. That's just false if anything is value will increase as the salary cap will continue to rise and more teams would be interested when his terms are shorter.

I think the thought is that while Weber was sidelined, Petry played like a top 2 D and that level isn’t sustainable for him. If he declines then his bLue will drop. To your point, if he continues or improves than his value will as well. Just erring on the side of caution that current version of Petry is maximum velocity Petry and a reversion to his mean is more likely. Add to that the Habs aren’t really contenders and he can likely get a 1st plus to add to our group of youngsters and it’s a better recipe for success for our future and you can see why trading a RD like Petry for the right price could be extremely amicable for the organization.

Further, unless we’re way out of the playoffs by trade deadline, I think it’s more likely he’ll get traded at the draft. If we’re still in contention, which at this point is highly likely, he’ll most likely not be traded unless it’s a stupid deal and he’s replaced with a younger top 2-4 LD option to play without weber.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think the thought is that while Weber was sidelined, Petry played like a top 2 D and that level isn’t sustainable for him. If he declines then his bLue will drop. To your point, if he continues or improves than his value will as well. Just erring on the side of caution that current version of Petry is maximum velocity Petry and a reversion to his mean is more likely. Add to that the Habs aren’t really contenders and he can likely get a 1st plus to add to our group of youngsters and it’s a better recipe for success for our future and you can see why trading a RD like Petry for the right price could be extremely amicable for the organization.

Further, unless we’re way out of the playoffs by trade deadline, I think it’s more likely he’ll get traded at the draft. If we’re still in contention, which at this point is highly likely, he’ll most likely not be traded unless it’s a stupid deal and he’s replaced with a younger top 2-4 LD option to play without weber.
I don't think a swing of 10-12 points will drop or increase Petry's value all that much. He's been in the league a long time and he's 30 years old, by now gm's know exactly what kind of player Petry is and what he can bring to a team.

Reactions: Vachon23

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't think a swing of 10-12 points will drop or increase Petry's value all that much. He's been in the league a long time and he's 30 years old, by now gm's know exactly what kind of player Petry is and what he can bring to a team.

I disagree. Last year he had his first 40 point season and he’s on pace for even better this year. If he continues in this pace it’ll affirm that last year wasn’t anomalous and he is a legit top end D. If he drops back down to his career average then his value will drop as well to what it was in the past.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
GM have alote of scouting report on each player in each years so it's not 20 good games or 20 bad that will changed what they think of defenseman that have more then 500 games in the show

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
A stupid management would have overpaid by trading young key assets to get that famous Weber's partner, stupid management would have commited long term on a russian winger who had reputation issue and only played 1 good season in Montreal, signing Radulov doesnt solve our center line issue and chances are high we arent bad enough to draft Kotka... Its basically impossible to get top pairing defensemen or quality top 6 centers, teams just keep them, if you want one, you basically have to sell your prospects bank and first round picks, THIS would be stupid management...
A smart management would have tried to go all in and try and win when Price was dominant and when you had Subban and then when you traded for Weber....like every other top team does you trade away top prospects and late first rounders at the deadline and try and win cups.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Having a good player locked into a multi year deal adds value. So by waiting until there are less years on his contract his value lowers.

There's also the risk that he drops back to his career average of 27 points instead of the 45 point pace he's started putting up from last year till now.

I'm in favour of dealing Petry but I don't think there's any need to rush it. Getting a great return is more important then the timeframe of trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad