Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I like how if you offend someone you get a warning, but posting something that is obviously terrible and trying to defend it lands you nothing. This person will likely continue posting terrible proposals and we're all supposed to give constructive criticism in a respectful way.

People continuously post terrible proposals, take away their ability to do so.

You've missed the fundamental quality and purpose of the Trade Proposal thread. It's very nature is predicated on illogical, impossible, unbalanced and otherwise bizarre suggestions. :sarcasm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hickey and Pelech are both guys good enough to be number 4's, so yeah, very strong compared to the Habs, who don't even have ONE top four LD.

I'm not so sure the Islander D is very strong compared to the Habs.

Weber vs Boychuk
Petry vs Leddy
Pulock vs Juulsen
Hickey vs Schlemko?
Aho vs Mete
Pelech vs Benn

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If i'm trading Jeff Petry...

It's not for a player like Sebastian Aho (Isles) + a 2nd round pick.

I think they could aim a little higher than that.
How many times have you watched Sebastian Aho play, I wonder ? Because it doesn't appear that you have.

You say you want Dunn ? I like Dunn, too. He's a good young player and I'd trade Petry for him 10/10 (In a package, obviously.) I think he'd look great in our top four.

With that said, what have you seen from Dunn that could tell you he can play top pair minutes ?

Are you aware that Aho produced better numbers than Dunn ever has in the AHL ? Did you even take a second to stop and think about what you were going to write ?

Dunn and a pick or two for Petry would be a great deal, I agree.
Why would Aho and a pick or two for Petry not be a good deal ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How many times have you watched Sebastian Aho play, I wonder ? Because it doesn't appear that you have.
Maybe once or twice - HENCE WHY I ASKED YOU TO PROVIDE CONTEXT AS TO WHY YOU THINK HE COULD BE ON THE TOP PAIR IN MONTREAL.

You say you want Dunn ? I like Dunn, too. He's a good young player and I'd trade Petry for him 10/10 (In a package, obviously.) I think he'd look great in our top four.

With that said, what have you seen from Dunn that could tell you he can play top pair minutes ?
First of all...I wouldn't trade Petry for Dunn

Secondly...Vince Dunn has played 99 career NHL games, given that I watch quite a bit of hockey, i'd hazard a guess that i've watched him at least a dozen times in the NHL, including earlier this year when he scored against the Habs and I thought he was excellent.

Thirdly...I NEVER said that I thought Dunn could play top pair minutes lol

Are you aware that Aho produced better numbers than Dunn ever has in the AHL ? Did you even take a second to stop and think about what you were going to write ?

Vince Dunn

2016-17 AHL Chicago Wolves (his only AHL season)

13 goals 32 assists 45pts in 72 games

Sebastian Aho

2017-18 AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers

9 goals 20 assists 29pts in 40 games

Hmmm...another hot garbage take

Dunn and a pick or two for Petry would be a great deal, I agree.
Why would Aho and a pick or two for Petry not be a good deal ?
I never suggested the habs should trade Petry for Dunn...so I can't answer this question.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Sebastian Aho would be the perfect partner for Weber. Makes the team better overall.

Aho-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Kulak-Benn

It finally allows the Habs to play Benn on the right side, where hes best.

Thats better than
Kulak-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Benn-Petry

The 2nd one is better ! Petry >>>>>> Aho

I prefer at this point

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Rielly - Juulsen

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not so sure the Islander D is very strong compared to the Habs.

Weber vs Boychuk
Petry vs Leddy
Pulock vs Juulsen
Hickey vs Schlemko?
Aho vs Mete
Pelech vs Benn
I just said I was talking about the left side of the defense...

Leddy vs Kulak
Hickey vs Schlemko
Pelech vs Benn

It's 3 NHL players vs 3 AHL players...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The 2nd one is better ! Petry >>>>>> Aho

I prefer at this point

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Rielly - Juulsen
Mete is in the NHL to get better, and he'll look good with Juulsen next year, were still stuck with an AHL player on the top pair.

Benn is an adequate 3rd RD
Juulsen is an adequate 2nd RD with upside
Petry is a good 2nd RD
Aho is an adequate LD with upside
Mete is an adequate LD with upside

Schemko, Rielly, Kulak are bad LDs with NO UPSIDE.

Make the math.

Theres a reason why the Vegas defense looks great, it's because they chose good players that were buried on good teams. Theodore, Schmidt, McNabb.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No but you don't go get a player that he is not even better that what we have.. you go get a real good D even more vs Petry
Aho is better than what we have though, at least he does have the potential to be a top 4 defenseman. How much would you like him if his name was Sébastien Aubé ?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Mete is in the NHL to get better, and he'll look good with Juulsen next year, were still stuck with an AHL player on the top pair.

Benn is an adequate 3rd RD
Juulsen is an adequate 2nd RD with upside
Petry is a good 2nd RD
Aho is an adequate LD with upside
Mete is an adequate LD with upside

Schemko, Rielly, Kulak are bad LDs with NO UPSIDE.

Make the math.

Theres a reason why the Vegas defense looks great, it's because they chose good players that were buried on good teams. Theodore, Schmidt, McNabb.

don't se why Aho would be THAT better then Rielly Kulak and Mete. And I would never trade Petry for one of those and a pick

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Maybe once or twice - HENCE WHY I ASKED YOU TO PROVIDE CONTEXT AS TO WHY YOU THINK HE COULD BE ON THE TOP PAIR IN MONTREAL.

First of all...I wouldn't trade Petry for Dunn

Secondly...Vince Dunn has played 99 career NHL games, given that I watch quite a bit of hockey, i'd hazard a guess that i've watched him at least a dozen times in the NHL, including earlier this year when he scored against the Habs and I thought he was excellent.

Thirdly...I NEVER said that I thought Dunn could play top pair minutes lol

Vince Dunn

2016-17 AHL Chicago Wolves (his only AHL season)

13 goals 32 assists 45pts in 72 games

Sebastian Aho

2017-18 AHL Bridgeport Sound Tigers

9 goals 20 assists 29pts in 40 games

Hmmm...another hot garbage take

I never suggested the habs should trade Petry for Dunn...so I can't answer this question.
So he did produced better numbers ? Nice.

What should we give up for Dunn then ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So he did produced better numbers ? Nice.
Here's your original quote

"Are you aware that Aho produced better numbers than Dunn ever has in the AHL ?"

You made it seem like Aho's production blew Dunn's out of the water...You're comparing very small samples (75 games for Dunn vs 40 games for Aho).

When in truth, Dunn HAS surpassed everyone of Aho's AHL numbers...he just did it in a few more games.

So it's not quite how you originally put it..

But i'm starting to realize I need to pay less attention to these hot takes of yours.

What should we give up for Dunn then ?
I don't know...trade proposals really not my thing.

He's just the type of player I would target, I also don't mind Aho...but I don't see how it makes sense to trade our #2 Dmen to acquire a player whose NHL future is still very much a question.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Because he is nothing special probably a futur NHLer but never a candidat to play with Weber.. I would trade him for Rielly Benn Schlemko but for Petry comme on ...

Petry vs Muzzin
Mete vs Aho

What's the major difference here? Term with the Petry contract.

Also, Habs don't need to add small defenseman on top of Reilly and Mete. We need guys like Juulsen on the LD side.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Here's your original quote

"Are you aware that Aho produced better numbers than Dunn ever has in the AHL ?"

You made it seem like Aho's production blew Dunn's out of the water...You're comparing very small samples (75 games for Dunn vs 40 games for Aho).

When in truth, Dunn HAS surpassed everyone of Aho's AHL numbers...he just did it in a few more games.

So it's not quite how you originally put it..

But i'm starting to realize I need to pay less attention to these hot takes of yours.

I don't know...trade proposals really not my thing.

He's just the type of player I would target, I also don't mind Aho...but I don't see how it makes sense to trade our #2 Dmen to acquire a player whose NHL future is still very much a question.
Did it make sense to trade a 35 goals scorer, and the captain of the team for a 5'10 prospect and a 5'10 winger who didn't play in six months because he was bad ?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Petry vs Muzzin
Mete vs Aho

What's the major difference here? Term with the Petry contract.

Also, Habs don't need to add small defenseman on top of Reilly and Mete. We need guys like Juulsen on the LD side.
Every single one of the RD's we have are over 6'2, it doesn't really matter if the LD's are small.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki is a grade A prospect and Tatar had alote of 20 goals season ...
And why can't we get a grade A prospect along with a player that logs 18 minutes a night and looks good offensively in Aho ? (Or Dunn, or who ever.)

Do you think the Isles will trade Leddy and a grade A prospect for Petry ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Every single one of the RD's we have are over 6'2, it doesn't really matter if the LD's are small.

I disagree. I can tolerate one small guy on D, but 3 of them cause our RD side has size? That's not the recipe for success in term of shutdown ability in front of Price. Remember, defenseman are suppose to be good at defense first and then you measure the puck moving ability and shot from the point. I not a fan of assembling offensive defenseman who lack strength and get pushed around in their own end.

Size and Strength / Skating / Skill. I want all 3. I'm greedy but I do also want a cup and know what it takes to build a cup contender.

I want another Juulsen type on LD. I do like what I see with Kulak at the moment though. Very confident, aggressive, and a solid skater. Decent vision and puck moving skills. He seems to have a bolt of energy and confidence by being paired up with Weber. Let see how this looks in a larger sample size.

Kulak / Weber
???? / Petry
Reilly / Juulsen

Not sure if I slot Mete in with Petry at this stage. He needs to prove himself and get stronger IMO. If we were able to get a Sandin or Bean type to fit into the top 4D, I'd be very happy. Heck, maybe Romanov can be that guy but by the time he is ready, Petry might be gone. Then maybe it looks like this...

Kulak / Weber
Romanov / Brook
Reilly / Juulsen
Fleury

If Kulak can handle the job, I think we have something here but we have to wait for Romanov to see how good he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->