Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Meh, I'm not sold.

For a can't refuse offer that addresses core needs towards building a contender, sure... Aho & a 2nd definitely wouldn't fit the bill.

Juulsen & Brook/Fleury are exciting prospects to build with, but much rather see Weber-Petry in place until 1 of the 3 is clearly ready to be an impact top-4 Dman, which is 2-3 years away at least.
Aho and a 2nd would need another thing coming back, or a first round + another thing. Aho is a good roster player to get, it's not the center piece.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Meh, I'm not sold.

For a can't refuse offer that addresses core needs towards building a contender, sure... Aho & a 2nd definitely wouldn't fit the bill.

Juulsen & Brook/Fleury are exciting prospects to build with, but much rather see Weber-Petry in place until 1 of the 3 is clearly ready to be an impact top-4 Dman, which is 2-3 years away at least.
Maybe not that long. If they drop out of the playoffs, by early March, and they are way out. I will bet you see one, or both of Fleury, and Brook(whenever his junior season is over), and they will not look out of place.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Were not in a position to deal futures... Also which LD would be available for this package? None.

The only way to get a LD is either take in a young one that is not established or draft one.

Yes, exactly. This is the only way and that means you need a pool of young player and prospects with top pair potential because each individual player has a significant chance of not being that.

We have an aging no.1 and no.3, who is also UFA 2 seasons after this one. And no no.2. We need more top ceiling potential young players/ prospects in the system.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Did he tell you that?

Would you move your family from a city you like to go from a bubble team to another bubble team?

I really don’t see a single reason why he would waive for the Habs. If he waives, which is far from a sure thing, I can only see him go to a potential contender.

Reactions: McTusk

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Would you move your family from a city you like to go from a bubble team to another bubble team?

I really don’t see a single reason why he would waive for the Habs. If he waives, which is far from a sure thing, I can only see him go to a potential contender.

Chicago isn't a bubble team they're a bottom feeder.

The reasons he would move are

1. He knows Bergevin at least professionally

2. Julien has a good reputation

3. Play with Weber

4. He knows Weber and Price from the olympics

5. He speaks French :sarcasm:

I doubt he'd waive but I think it's a lot less open and shut then you're implying it is.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Bergevin has compromising pictures of him in the shower?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Kidding aside, I really hope MON avoids the trade for Keith pitfall. Another ageing veteran that has slowed down? No thanks. If MON was a contender and believed that Keith would help them win one in the next two years, maybe, but we're just not in that situation right now. Pass.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Kidding aside, I really hope MON avoids the trade for Keith pitfall. Another ageing veteran that has slowed down? No thanks. If MON was a contender and believed that Keith would help them win one in the next two years, maybe, but we're just not in that situation right now. Pass.
Agree. I don't mind picking up a vet, but I'd like that vet to only have a year or two left on his contract if possible.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

3. Play with Weber

I doubt he'd waive but I think it's a lot less open and shut then you're implying it is.

Chicago is having a bad start this year, while the Habs had a bad year last season.

Let’s be honest, despite the actual record, both teams are quite close.

With that being said, one way or another, I still think that Keith would only waive for a potential contender, if he waives at all.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

You don’t know what he’d want. Playing in a hockey market where you’d be playing next to Weber on a young up and coming team who wants you might be just the thing he does want.

Would Domi want to leave living in th dessert and having perfect weather and no taxes to come to Mtl and pay high taxes and freeze his ass off? Apparently so. Same for any other UFA we’ve signed.

Because YOU think he wouldn’t doesn’t mean squat.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Agree. I don't mind picking up a vet, but I'd like that vet to only have a year or two left on his contract if possible.

Would you trade Alzner for Keith? Keith costs $900k more on the cap and has one extra year left.

If you would make that trade, but fear that Chicago would not, what would you be comfortable adding?

I would not mind adding Duncan Keith. We don't need goals from him, we need assists and competent defensive play. Can he age like Markov did and be useful even if not what he was in his prime?

I think there is a good chance he would be rejuvenated playing for a young up and coming team.

It's not a big risk if the Hawks take Alzner's contract, but the key would be the rest of the deal.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

3. Play with Weber

This is ludicrous. He isn’t going to move his family away from Chicago because we have three guys who were associated with Team Canada 3 years ago, which consists of Price who has struggled the last season and a half, Weber who just finished missing a year due to injury, and Julien whose coached a team to the playoffs just once in the last 5 seasons.

Reactions: bsl

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018

Agreed. No one in their right mind, not even Bergevin, would want that player. The team already has several asinine contracts that they should be getting rid of...I'm looking at you Price, Shaw, Alzner, so they certainly will not be taking on more. If they could get rid of Price, and Alzner, fingers crossed, then Shaw on his own is not so bad.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018
Has anyone here considered that Les Canadiens will do NOTHING AT ALL, right now?? And really, should do NOTHING at all?? As long as they remain in playoff position, why would one tamper with the current line-up, unless they absolutely have no other choice.(When Juulsen, and Armia retun, for example)? With a victory against the Blackhawks tomorrow, they could find themselves in the top 10 teams in the league.

Reactions: sampollock

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
This is ludicrous. He isn’t going to move his family away from Chicago because we have three guys who were associated with Team Canada 3 years ago, which consists of Price who has struggled the last season and a half, Weber who just finished missing a year due to injury, and Julien whose coached a team to the playoffs just once in the last 5 seasons.

Again no need to be an ass just because someone has a different opiion then you. Are we not adults?

In fact, I don't even have a different opinion then you! I said as much in my post!

So again no need to fill your diaper just because someone offered a counter narrative.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Are you Elliotte Friedman ?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Keith would be the ideal partner for Weber. We don't need him to be Norris level, just to move and skate the puck out and he can still do that. He's a much better version of Markov and his cap hit is not high. If we were closer to contending it would be a no brainer, today however it's a though one. It would depend and who's going back the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad