Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
With Juulsen back soon, who's out ?

To respect the 23-players limit, one will have to be let go. I guess Ouellet is the one who's gonna be put on waivers.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

To respect the 23-players limit, one will have to be let go. I guess Ouellet is the one who's gonna be put on waivers.

It should be Chaput or Agostino but it seems like Julien like those guys.....and it just seems like Ouellet and Hudon are not part of the plan anymore.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It should be Chaput or Agostino but it seems like Julien like those guys.....and it just seems like Ouellet and Hudon are not part of the plan anymore.

I think it will be between Peca and Ouellet.

No way we should give up on Hudon. But center depth and d depth is more important than wing depth, so that doesn't bode well for Hudon.

40 STANLEYCUPS NOT24

Nov 28, 2018

It should be Jordie Benn out, and Juulsen in, and Peca out, when Armia returns. But, one never knows with this management.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018

Agostino and Chaput are better hockey players than Hudon. And its not even close !! Bye bye Hudon

Reactions: Milhouse40

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If the Sens cant reach a new contract with Duchene, chances are high they move him at the deadline to get some assets... What about Danault + Hudon + Ikonen + Mcshane\Hillis for Duchene if we still are in the playoffs race?

Drouin Domi Armia

Tatar Duchene Gallagher

Byron Kotkaniemi Lehkonen

Agostino Chaput\Peca Shaw

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Sens cant reach a new contract with Duchene, chances are high they move him at the deadline to get some assets... What about Danault + Hudon + Ikonen + Mcshane\Hillis for Duchene?

Drouin Domi Armia

Tatar Duchene Gallagher

I rather wait till UFA and see how things turn out. I don't think we should make any drastic moves at the deadline.

I also prefer to keep Danault as I think Kotkaniemi moves to 2C and then Danault fits very well on that 3rd line. I prefer to have Danault and Poehling work together in a shutdown role. Move Danault to LW and mentor Poehling.

Lets say we are able to sign Duchene (but I rather see our options at LD first) in the UFA market. I think I move Domi to LW or even move Duchene to Kotkaniemi's wing

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Duchene / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Danault / Poehling / Armia
Byron / Evans / Shaw

Last edited:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If the Sens cant reach a new contract with Duchene, chances are high they move him at the deadline to get some assets... What about Danault + Hudon + Ikonen + Mcshane\Hillis for Duchene?

Drouin Domi Armia

Tatar Duchene Gallagher

I think that the Habs would need to offer genuine value to get Duchene. The package would need to include pieces that you don't want to give up.

Juulsen, Poehling, 2nd rounder is more plausible.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I think that the Habs would need to offer genuine value to get Duchene. The package would need to include pieces that you don't want to give up.

Dont know, teams arent willing to give quality young assets anymore for rentals...

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Yeah, Duchesne is on pace for 100 points... a 3rd line C, a 13th forward and average prospects are not enough.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Yeah, Duchesne is on pace for 100 points... a 3rd line C, a 13th forward and average prospects are not enough.
Duchene has an awful rep around the league, they won't get much in return... certainly not juuslen and poehling.

Reactions: jaffy27

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Dont know, teams arent willing to give quality young assets anymore for rentals...

2018 NHL trade deadline tracker | CBC Sports

Tampa Bay Lightning acquire:
  • D Ryan McDonagh
  • F J.T. Miller
New York Rangers acquire:
  • F Vladislav Namestnikov
  • F Brett Howden
  • D Libor Hajek
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • Conditional 2nd-round pick
Vegas Golden Knights acquire:
  • F Tomas Tatar
Detroit Red Wings acquire:
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 2nd-round pick
  • 2021 3rd-round pick
San Jose Sharks acquire:
  • F Evander Kane
Buffalo Sabres acquire:
  • Conditional 2019 1st-round pick
  • Conditional 2020 4th-round pick
  • F Daniel O'Regan
Winnipeg Jets acquire:
  • F Paul Stastny
St. Louis Blues acquire:
  • F Erik Foley
  • 2018 1st-round pick
Nashville Predators acquire:
  • F Ryan Hartman
  • 2018 5th-round pick
Chicago Blackhawks acquire:
  • F Victor Ejdsell
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2018 4th-round pick
Boston Bruins acquire:
  • F Rick Nash
  • D Ryan Lindgren
  • F Ryan Spooner
  • F Matt Beleskey
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 7th-round pick
Pittsburgh Penguins acquire:
  • F Derick Brassard
  • F Vincent Dunn
  • 2018 3rd-round pick
Ottawa Senators acquire:
  • G Filip Gustavsson
  • D Ian Cole
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 3rd-round pick

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Duchene has an awful rep around the league, they won't get much in return... certainly not juuslen and poehling.
but a 3rd liner and a 13th forward ? I'm sure other teams are willing to add a 3rd to that :nod:

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I rather wait till UFA and see how things turn out. I don't think we should make any drastic moves at the deadline.

I also prefer to keep Danault as I think Kotkaniemi moves to 2C and then Danault fits very well on that 3rd line. I prefer to have Danault and Poehling work together in a shutdown role. Move Danault to LW and mentor Poehling.

Lets say we are able to sign Duchene (but I rather see our options at LD first) in the UFA market. I think I move Domi to LW or even move Duchene to Kotkaniemi's wing

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Duchene / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Danault / Poehling / Armia
Byron / Evans / Shaw
I prefer Byron to Danault on that third line...I think Poehling will need some time in the AHL next year anyway, possibly a whole season...
Lets say we land Duchene, line-up in 2 years from now could look like this:

Drouin Kotkaniemi Domi
Tatar Duchene Gallagher (Duchene is a dynamic player and needs the same type of dynamic linemates, we have a perfect fit here)
Byron Poehling Lehkonen
Shaw McCarron Armia (call me crazy but I still believe in big Mac to center our fourth line, size grit, puck possession, that fourth line could be a pain in the ass to play against, I wouldnt be surprised to see McCarron back at some point late in the season...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dont think we should be trading futures at this point, and certainly not for a rental, that is just plain asinine. For an extended player , like hypothetically a top 6C, the price would be massive.

And specifically about Duchene, how do you actually put a value on a 27 year old guy on pace for a 90 point season in a CONTRACT year when he is typically a 50 point guy and his career high was 70 points like 6 years ago.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
2018 NHL trade deadline tracker | CBC Sports

Tampa Bay Lightning acquire:
  • D Ryan McDonagh
  • F J.T. Miller
  • F Vladislav Namestnikov
  • F Brett Howden
  • D Libor Hajek
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • Conditional 2nd-round pick
Vegas Golden Knights acquire:
  • F Tomas Tatar
Detroit Red Wings acquire:
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 2nd-round pick
  • 2021 3rd-round pick
San Jose Sharks acquire:
  • F Evander Kane
Buffalo Sabres acquire:
  • Conditional 2019 1st-round pick
  • F Daniel O'Regan
Winnipeg Jets acquire:
  • F Paul Stastny
St. Louis Blues acquire:
  • F Erik Foley
  • 2018 1st-round pick
Nashville Predators acquire:
  • F Ryan Hartman
  • 2018 5th-round pick
Chicago Blackhawks acquire:
  • F Victor Ejdsell
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2018 4th-round pick
Boston Bruins acquire:
  • F Rick Nash
  • D Ryan Lindgren
  • F Ryan Spooner
  • F Matt Beleskey
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 7th-round pick
Pittsburgh Penguins acquire:
  • F Derick Brassard
  • F Vincent Dunn
  • 2018 3rd-round pick
Ottawa Senators acquire:
  • G Filip Gustavsson
  • D Ian Cole
  • 2018 1st-round pick
  • 2019 3rd-round pick
To be fair, I only see 2 rentals in all that.

Every player had term or was signed and I’m sure that was the plan (referring to Kane)

But your point stands....youth is being moved around.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad