Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Completely agree. Yeo loves the Yeobot in him though and overplays him because he plays the "structure" that he wants constantly.

Absolutely. He knows Prosser is a loyal dog. He will do as he is told to do because he doesn't want to get beaten with the newspaper. Yeo controls his dressing and his ability to NOT be waived and sent to Iowa.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
With brodin out a month a brodin/RNH trade makes a lot of sense right now.

So they decided to give Brodin some harding treatment (tonya or josh, whatever) to make his value comparable with RNH?

Well, I'm ready to trade hope for a bag of pucks. Oh, no. Where did it go? Nevermind, I lost it..

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Elliot Friedman
19. Looking to see who takes a shot at Jiri Hudler. The hardest thing to do in this league now is score, and he can do it. It makes sense for the Wild, although they prefer size, too. He hasn’t been himself this year, and some of that undoubtedly is seeing Dougie Hamilton and Michael Frolik get paid while he hasn’t. The writing is on the wall. Get him into a new situation where he can score a couple of big goals and he’ll be motivated to do it.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Ottawa Sun on Andrew Ladd
The indications are Ladd’s camp may have turned down a six-year, $36-million deal at the start of the season. You have to wonder if he could get that kind of cash on the open market but the belief is one of his comparables is the seven-year, $42.5-million deal signed by Ryan Kesler in Anaheim.

“There won’t be any shortage of interest in Ladd if they decide to move him,†said a league executive Saturday.

Kesler's contract his terrible... Anyone who overpays for Ladd will be disappointed.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I know; Hudler's a name we haven't really considered, so I figured I'd post. We've all been talking about Drouin, but there are other options.

Mikkel Boedker is interesting to me. Might be a longshot but that's a team that could actually use Pominville next season. They're loaded with prospects and have two first-round picks in 2016, but they don't have a lot of players signed for next season and need to get to the floor. They'll be bringing on a lot of rookies, could use a veteran.

Not saying it works straight-up but there might be some way to make it happen, and the Wild might even pry a lesser prospect like Dauphin, Warren, or Merkley out of them if the right pieces go to Arizona.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Mikkel Boedker is interesting to me. Might be a longshot but that's a team that could actually use Pominville next season. They're loaded with prospects and have two first-round picks in 2016, but they don't have a lot of players signed for next season and need to get to the floor. They'll be bringing on a lot of rookies, could use a veteran.

Not saying it works straight-up but there might be some way to make it happen, and the Wild might even pry a lesser prospect like Dauphin, Warren, or Merkley out of them if the right pieces go to Arizona.

I like your thinking. I would give a lot for Toby Rieder, but he's probably only available for a massive overpayment.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

Maybe if Pominville was in the last year of his contract, I dont think any team wants 3 years of Pominville

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I think we all just need to accept that we are stuck with Pominville. No team wants him or his nightmare contract. Unless Fletcher resorts to buying him out in the off-season, which I doubt happens, he's going to be here until that deal expires.

If we really wanted to clear space for this season I'm sure we could find a taker for Vanek as a rental. He's not going to bring back much of anything in return though so unless we officially give up on the season, which I also can't see management doing, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I think we all just need to accept that we are stuck with Pominville. No team wants him or his nightmare contract. Unless Fletcher resorts to buying him out in the off-season, which I doubt happens, he's going to be here until that deal expires.

If we really wanted to clear space for this season I'm sure we could find a taker for Vanek as a rental. He's not going to bring back much of anything in return though so unless we officially give up on the season, which I also can't see management doing, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Just keep scratching him and I'm sure he'd be more willing to waive his NTC

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
You gotta wonder what this season is going to mean for Zucker and Dumba's contract value this off-season though.

Zucker is probably going to surpass last season's point total (26) seeing as he's already at 20 now with 31 games left to play but his 11 goals through 51 games this season versus 21 goals in 51 games last season is a big drop off. And his play has just been bad for a while now. If we can get him on another short prove-it deal hoping he overachieves i'll take it.

Hard to make a whole lot of sense out of Dumab's situation. He'll easily put up career highs this season in points, goals, and assists but another case of his play hasn't looked improved or worthy of big money. A defensemen will be traded by the draft, and it could be Dumba that's moved, but if you can get him cheap for a few more years it makes much more sense to trade Brodin or another defensemen first.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Just keep scratching him and I'm sure he'd be more willing to waive his NTC

Well actually he has another year left after this season so he's not a rental. A team may still take a chance on him but what's he going to bring back? We'd almost certainly have to take some salary or retain some his in a deal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe not right now, but would you guys trade Scandella for Gallagher straight up?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yah, probably right. Like Gallagher a lot, but he's a little dude, and produces less than you'd think. Only 23, though, and a RW.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Edmonton has been lit up the last 2 games think we can swing Brodin for RNH still

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton has been lit up the last 2 games think we can swing Brodin for RNH still

I just want to keep tanking and get a top pick. Also to trade Kuemper for a 2nd round pick from CAR and my biggest (and furthest stretch wish) is to trade Pominville and Vanek.

That being said, I really hope we do pull off a Brodin for RNH deal. And if that goes down and we magically end up with a top 3 pick in the draft, I hope we deal Granlund for a RW or RHD of near the same age/potential.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

Nope! Having him out of the lineup shows why the Oilers need him.

Next season they will push hard to sign another NHL defenseman, and/or trade Yakupov, Eberle or their 2016 1st for one if that becomes an option.

With Sekera, Nurse, Reinhart, Davidson, Klefbom and some new additions (along with maybe resigned Gryba, Clendening) they will be much better. Getting rid of Justin Schulz improves their blueline almost as much as adding Brodin would.

If Peter Chiarelli trades Tyler Seguin for Loui Eriksson and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Jonas Brodin he enters Milbury territory. He gets paid a lot of money not to look like an idiot.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Nope! Having him out of the lineup shows why the Oilers need him.

Next season they will push hard to sign another NHL defenseman, and/or trade Yakupov, Eberle or their 2016 1st for one if that becomes an option.

With Sekera, Nurse, Reinhart, Davidson, Klefbom and some new additions (along with maybe resigned Gryba, Clendening) they will be much better. Getting rid of Justin Schulz improves their blueline almost as much as adding Brodin would.

If Peter Chiarelli trades Tyler Seguin for Loui Eriksson and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Jonas Brodin he enters Milbury territory. He gets paid a lot of money not to look like an idiot.

Is he really that bad? It doesn't seem like long ago he was highly coveted FA. I do my best not to watch Edmonton games...

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Is he really that bad? It doesn't seem like long ago he was highly coveted FA. I do my best not to watch Edmonton games...

He was highly coveted yes. I think Anaheim really dodged a bullet there. He can wheel and shoot a little....

The Edmonton Journal has a great feature where they give players a grade after each game 1-10 (ten being a perfect game). Schultz got a one after yesterday's Montreal game, he might get a zero after today's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad