Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
so apparently phaeneuf is on the market. So im not saying id do this, but i want to know thoughts. Would you guys entertain a deal involving brodin pomminville for something with phaeneuf and marner/nylander?

Phaneuf got traded to the Sens.

But I really like this idea of trading brodin for a top pick. Imagine if that turned into Laine or Puljarvi, and the wild get mcloud, jost, or keller with their own pick :)

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Fletcher flat-out said the other day he's not interested in trading young assets for a rental. Dont think we need to worry about Staal coming here.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Phaneuf got traded to the Sens.

But I really like this idea of trading brodin for a top pick. Imagine if that turned into Laine or Puljarvi, and the wild get mcloud, jost, or keller with their own pick :)

Well we can get the tank on and get Matthews, Pulju or Laine with our pick and then deal Brodin+ for another top pick and get another od those three. Could legit be the best thing to happen to this team. But the MN sports fan in me says there's nowhere near a chance of getting any of those guys.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Well now the wheels are turning...Brodin+JEE would probably get a team at #2 or #3 at least interested. And then with our pick we could realistically be looking at Jost (who is going to be great).

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Well now the wheels are turning...Brodin+JEE would probably get a team at #2 or #3 at least interested. And then with our pick we could realistically be looking at Jost (who is going to be great).

We absolutely should not trade Ek. Or Tuch for that matter.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We absolutely should not trade Ek. Or Tuch for that matter.

Agreed. I said it a few pages ago but I'll say it again. The reason our window seems so small is because we keep trading away picks and prospects for veteran rentals. If we stop doing that (which it sounds like Fletcher has finally learned this year), then we can keep adding young talent to our team, and our window can be much longer.

Not that our window for a cup is even open right now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If we do end up being sellers at the deadline, NMC's aside (just to spur discussion), what pieces could be on the move? to where? for what?

We don't have any. Brodin. That's it. Of course we have depth defenders like Folin or Olofsson but those are add-ins. Fontaine could be an add-in. No one high value.

I don't see a big trade being made at the deadline for us. I can see us making a splash at the draft though.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Brodin, Niederreiter, Granlund, Zucker.

Those are guys I see as trade pieces right now.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
I suppose we don't know for sure, but do we have any snipit of information on the parameters of Vanek's NTC? The 4th period has Pominville's as a "limited" NTC with no details, but it's not really his contract that's in the way of a move as much as his play is.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agreed. I said it a few pages ago but I'll say it again. The reason our window seems so small is because we keep trading away picks and prospects for veteran rentals. If we stop doing that (which it sounds like Fletcher has finally learned this year), then we can keep adding young talent to our team, and our window can be much longer.

Not that our window for a cup is even open right now.
Crazy but I think our cup window happens when JEE,Tuch and (hopefully) Kaprizov are progressing into the NHL.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Nino
Kaprizov-JEE-Tuch
Brodin, Niederreiter, Granlund, Zucker.

Those are guys I see as trade pieces right now.

I could see Granlund. I hope the rest stay with us unless we get a 1-2C (Brodin).

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Crazy but I think our cup window happens when JEE,Tuch and (hopefully) Kaprizov are progressing into the NHL.

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Nino
Kaprizov-JEE-Tuch

If Koivu is still our 1C by the time these kids get to the NHL then there's no way in hell we will be Cup contenders.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Absolutely not. Matthews? Sure. Laine? No.

Yes, let's trade a top-4 defenseman and a prospect for... Another prospect.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad