Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Previous Thread

If you have a problem with something someone wrote, here are three options:

1. If you disagree with their opinion, write an opposing response to it and stay civil

2. If you believe they violated site rules, click on the "Yield" symbol under their avatar to report it to moderators

3. Ignore it and move on

Keep your cool and keep the sarcasm to a respectful minimum.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Part of my issue with dealing for Spooner and to a lesser extent RNH isn't about ability but rather that we are in a playoff race and trying to go on a deep Cup run. Bringing in a center with not even a year of NHL experience in Spooners case and asking him to be our 1C or 2C and be a playoff catalyst is a lot to ask. RNH has more NHL experience but not a single playoff game or even competitive season in EDM.

On the flip side of things I'm not saying go after an Eric Staal or another grizzled veteran but I think somewhere in between is what we need. In my mind Couture is perfect as unlikely as making that deal may be. This team needs to win now. Who knows where Vanek, pommer, and Koivu will be at next year? All three aging and some visibly less gracefully than others. We have to be thinking about the post-season and how to be successful there just as much as the regular season. We've proven we can make the playoffs with this group and that we can even get into the second round, it's that next step that we haven't taken and that's what we need to be thinking about. What's going to get us over the hump?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
With Couture, talk to a Sharks fan about possible trades and they'll tell you Couture is nearly untouchable, and would cost a stud young center, a bluechip D prospect, and a high prospect/pick to get the convo started.

Now, talk to a Sharks fan about Couture in general and you'll hear a different story.l One where Couture fits best as a #2 line center, because he's not a game breaker.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If Drouin's value continues to decrease the way it currently is im more inclined to take a less risky approach and go for like a Belpeido + 1st for him or something over Brodin for Spooner, cause lets be honest there is no way they would add a 1st on top of Spooner right now for Bacon.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
And noone is making trades for the sake of trades here...

We are trying to acquire the pieces we need to push us over the edge, we cant wait to draft them, and we got an overload of talented blue chip Dmen, we need to use them to acquire what we need RIGHT now for this team.

Obviously you dont make a trade unless we are getting Drouin, Spooner, Galchenyuk, Etc... young cost controlled guys with vast amount of untapped potential... not another Pominville/Moulson/Stewart fail trades.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
How did we get on the topic of Spooner? If you've watched him, he's nowhere near what we need.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
How did we get on the topic of Spooner? If you've watched him, he's nowhere near what we need.

We got on this topic based on a solid Consensus that most fans here would be ok with trading Brodin + Haula for RNH, But RNH is not better than Spooner and where your drafted is not proof of that, what you do and show how you grow is. Spooner has been progressing every year, hes got hands and skills to slow down the game, has a sneaky good shot, and is a gamer. He does the little things right and would fit our system very well, and apparently there was talk on throwing a 1st on top of that deal...

So we've been pointing out if your ok with Brodin + Haula for RNH you should be ecstatic with Spooner + 1st if that is indeed possible, and should not even have to 2nd guess yourself.

Oh and not to mention he would not cost a 6m cap hit, hes got this year and next for less than 1m...

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Spooner will be a #2-3 C. He's currently playing a sheltered role behind two of the best shutdown centers in the league. He's putting up nice numbers, but it's largely due to his situation. Honestly, I wouldn't trade Coyle straight-up for Spooner.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Spooner will be a #2-3 C. He's currently playing a sheltered role behind two of the best shutdown centers in the league. He's putting up nice numbers, but it's largely due to his situation. Honestly, I wouldn't trade Coyle straight-up for Spooner.

Sorry dude but i just dont hold any weight into your opinion cause i know you dont watch him, and are trying to throw out facts that are false.

Hes playing top C and has been since Krejic got hurt, and has produced better since, hes 5th in goals for per 60mins...

He goes to the dirty areas, he battles in the corners... he has speed hes not a shrimp by any means... if ppl here are looking back wishing we kept Tyler Johnson and believe he is a top2 C on a good team, then you should not have a hard time believing Spooner can be just as good, and we get a 1st?

no brainer...

Brodin might take another 3-4 years before he develops a solid offensive game or maybe he never really will... and its clear Haula is going no where anymore with this team, he will be delt at some point.

Edit: Sorry Spooner is currently 7th in Pts per 60 mins, with a 3.08 only behind Kane, Benn, Seguin, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, and Tarasenko.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
And noone is making trades for the sake of trades here...

We are trying to acquire the pieces we need to push us over the edge, we cant wait to draft them, and we got an overload of talented blue chip Dmen, we need to use them to acquire what we need RIGHT now for this team.

Obviously you dont make a trade unless we are getting Drouin, Spooner, Galchenyuk, Etc... young cost controlled guys with vast amount of untapped potential... not another Pominville/Moulson/Stewart fail trades.
Agreed. You need to use the resources you have, or we are no better than the Oilers. :)

Spurgeon, Scandella, Brodin, Dumba, Reilly, Folin, Olofsson is light-years ahead of

Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, Nino, Haula, and Graovac.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Agreed. You need to use the resources you have, or we are no better than the Oilers. :)

Spurgeon, Scandella, Brodin, Dumba, Reilly, Folin, Olofsson is light-years ahead of

Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, Nino, Haula, and Graovac.

kinda confused are you agreeing with me? or not?

I agree that D depth is amazing and sucks to cut one out... but its not like im saying get rid of a good player for a bad one...

Suter-Spurgeron
Scandella-Brodin

is my view of our top4 and losing say a Dumba is prob going to hurt at some point, but we got Reilly/Belpeido to look forward too in that situation, who do we have to look forward to with top end talent outside of MAYBE Kaprizov right now?

Tuch maybe could be a consistent power forward scorer, and JEE could maybe be a goal scoring center, thats nice and all but they don't posses that skill say a Drouin has, maybe he reaches that level maybe he doesnt but you got to take a chance at some point.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Just reading the main boards on Bogosian. Seems he's not doing great with Buffalo. He's an interesting RHD on a huge contract. Buffalo is looking for young LHD.

Olofsson+Pominville for Bogosian+Gionta maybe? Buyout Gionta this off-season. Having Bogosian would free up both Dumba and Brodin for trades for high-end forwards.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
isn't Bogo like one of the more injury prone Dmen of the league? idk if it would really be worth it.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

I've watched 75% of the games this kid has played. He has all the talent to be Bergeron 2.0 (his defense has improved consistently, he needs a little work on faceoffs). He might be a little smaller but you don't get the minutes and points he does on the Bruins without being very solid on both ends of the ice. Spooner would be a magical fit with Coyle (and Nino if we don't trade him). As a Bruins fan, I do not want to see him traded at all but a Spooner for Brodin swap makes perfect sense for both teams. Spooner is going to be very good for quite a long time.

Last edited:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
kinda confused are you agreeing with me? or not?

I agree that D depth is amazing and sucks to cut one out... but its not like im saying get rid of a good player for a bad one...

Suter-Spurgeron
Scandella-Brodin

is my view of our top4 and losing say a Dumba is prob going to hurt at some point, but we got Reilly/Belpeido to look forward too in that situation, who do we have to look forward to with top end talent outside of MAYBE Kaprizov right now?

Tuch maybe could be a consistent power forward scorer, and JEE could maybe be a goal scoring center, thats nice and all but they don't posses that skill say a Drouin has, maybe he reaches that level maybe he doesnt but you got to take a chance at some point.
I am agreeing. Oilers drafted all forwards because they said they were going best pick available. But they refused to trade any for defense. Now, Hall is wasting his offensive prime on a horrible team. Yak is busting. Eberle will be on the offensive decline by the time the team is any good. RNH was having to shoulder too much of a burden, especially on the defensive end. McDavid was completely predictably crushed on his entry to the league. Gagne's early value was completely wasted by holding him too long.

Wild should move some of their young Dmen for talented young forwards. Even though part of me is terrified of letting Brodin go.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I am agreeing. Oilers drafted all forwards because they said they were going best pick available. But they refused to trade any for defense. Now, Hall is wasting his offensive prime on a horrible team. Yak is busting. Eberle will be on the offensive decline by the time the team is any good. RNH was having to shoulder too much of a burden, especially on the defensive end. McDavid was completely predictably crushed on his entry to the league. Gagne's early value was completely wasted by holding him too long.

Wild should move some of their young Dmen for talented young forwards. Even though part of me is terrified of letting Brodin go.

Agreed which is why im more willing to move Dumba if possible, or a Olofsson + package w.e but if a deal that makes sense for us to gamble a Brodin to get a chance at a better player than we need to start considering it at this point sadly.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sorry dude but i just dont hold any weight into your opinion cause i know you dont watch him, and are trying to throw out facts that are false.

Hes playing top C and has been since Krejic got hurt, and has produced better since, hes 5th in goals for per 60mins...

He goes to the dirty areas, he battles in the corners... he has speed hes not a shrimp by any means... if ppl here are looking back wishing we kept Tyler Johnson and believe he is a top2 C on a good team, then you should not have a hard time believing Spooner can be just as good, and we get a 1st?

no brainer...

Brodin might take another 3-4 years before he develops a solid offensive game or maybe he never really will... and its clear Haula is going no where anymore with this team, he will be delt at some point.

You say you watch the Bruins...

Rotoworld
Spooner has taken on the roll as the Bruins' second-line center while Krejci recovers from an undisclosed injury. In the eight games Krejci has been sidelined, Spooner has registered an impressive 11 points. Boston coach Claude Julien is certainly impressed. "He’s been good. He’s been a real good asset for us, a real good replacement for David Krejci since he’s been down, said Julien. "He’s been really skating well, making things happen, back-checking. "I’m really happy with the way he’s taken on that responsibility; coming in and giving us a second line that’s been pretty good offensively."

Bergeron is Boston's #1C; he takes the hardest match-ups. It's pretty clear he's still playing sheltered minutes behind Bergeron. What's changed? Well, he's playing with much better linemates in Beleskey and Eriksson. He's also been upgraded to the #1PP with Boston's top players. It's nice to see his production has increased with an increase in offensive responsibility; however, I don't see him becoming anything more than a #2C.

I know our flavor of the month is 'Brodin for X Center' but Spooner's simply not the answer.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP

Rotoworld

Bergeron is Boston's #1C; he takes the hardest match-ups. It's pretty clear he's still playing sheltered minutes behind Bergeron. What's changed? Well, he's playing with much better linemates in Beleskey and Eriksson. He's also been upgraded to the #1PP with Boston's top players. It's nice to see his production has increased with an increase in offensive responsibility; however, I don't see him becoming anything more than a #2C.

I know our flavor of the month is 'Brodin for X Center' but Spooner's simply not the answer.

This is exactly what i'm thinking. Hes a beneficiary of many factors listed above ... especially Bostons #1 PP system.

13 of his 33 points have come from the PP

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

Rotoworld

Spooner has amazing hockey IQ and the kid is great moving the puck in the neutral zone, two things very important to the Wild's game. Like I said he has room to improve on faceoffs and defensively, but he's exactly the type of guy we need to provide offense on both the PP and 5v5.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Just reading the main boards on Bogosian. Seems he's not doing great with Buffalo. He's an interesting RHD on a huge contract. Buffalo is looking for young LHD.

Olofsson+Pominville for Bogosian+Gionta maybe? Buyout Gionta this off-season. Having Bogosian would free up both Dumba and Brodin for trades for high-end forwards.

No. This is utterly pointless.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
This is exactly what i'm thinking. Hes a beneficiary of many factors listed above ... especially Bostons #1 PP system.

13 of his 33 points have come from the PP

I can tell you he is not the "beneficiary". He's the one making plays. If anything, Loui and Matt are benefitting from Ryan.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Spooner may be good, but he's more of a Dumba, not Brodin trade target.

He's also Nino's/Granlund's/Zucker's draft class. Who is just this season establishing himself.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota

Rotoworld

And we have Koivu, our team and the type of game we preach is alot like the bruins... he would basically fit right in, and would bring immediate offensive impact.

when you have Koivu-Granlund-Spooner down the middle you have no clear #1, you have 3 talented centers who can do anything you need.

just for the record id be more inclined to Push Dumba for Spooner more than Brodin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille