Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You understand we are trying to make the playoffs and this is an undrafted rookie who was playing college hockey last year right? It's not about age it's about experience. Read the article Russo wrote. It's from a little while back but has tons of quotes from Flahr on him.

I completely agree with you that this team needs a shakeup but I fail to see how Downing is any answer for our problems. Sure, throw him in at 3C. Are we a better team? If there was a single player in Iowa who Fletcher thought could help this team and give us a spark, he'd have been called up yesterday. The reason why he is so desperately trying to make a trade is because there isn't an answer within the organization right now.

Oh, you still treat Fletcher's word as gospel. How much worse can he be than Stoll, Or any of our fourth liners. At this point, what do we have to lose? Our best offensive threats right now are our D and our fourth line!

BTW, Nate Schmidt is doing great with the Caps. He was an unsigned, overage college player.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Actually, Prosser has been Strangely decent the past few games

He's a perfectly fine 6-7 guy on most teams. But he wasn't credited with so much as one hit in either NY game. Adds nothing to the offense.

In a way, he's the least of the troubles, but on the other hand his corsi is 44.3% - worst of his career - and he's a career 45.4. He can throw a punch but he does not help the cause in any way shape or form. He is on a reasonable contract for next year though!

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Rangers fan here, good game last night.

I'd like to know what the Wild's needs are. Last night during the game the announcers were saying the Wild was looking for a center. Just wanted to know if that was the case or not

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

I'd like to know what the Wild's needs are. Last night during the game the announcers were saying the Wild was looking for a center. Just wanted to know if that was the case or not

Just gotta keep digging, stick to the system, play our game and pull for each other. Thanks!

I think the answer is yes, but with Granlund (decent 2nd line center), Koivu (good 3rd line), Haula (decent 3rd line), Stoll (good 4th line), the obvious issue is the lack of a number one.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota

Top 6 center
1st line winger to replace Pommer
New Coach

I'll be happy with 2 out of 3.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Who on the team most personifies a Yeobot?
Charlie Coyle.
If anything, we should make some meaningless move like Pominville for Carle or Girardi, just to jolt the team to life.
LOL. You think Pominville's contract is bad but you think Girardi's is better?

Derek Stepan.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Actually, Prosser has been Strangely decent the past few games

Exactly, he's a Yeobot. He is neither terrible nor good. He's just consistently mediocre. When the rest of the team is terrible, he shines, and when the rest of the team looks great, we think he sucks. He grinds, he's positionally sound.. etc.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Exactly, he's a Yeobot. He is neither terrible nor good. He's just consistently mediocre. When the rest of the team is terrible, he shines, and when the rest of the team looks great, we think he sucks. He grinds, he's positionally sound.. etc.

Unfortunately, that's an excellent point. I'm gonna go cry now.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I'm now just convinced team speed is what's killing the team. We need more skill and speed.

I would add size to that list. I'm tired of having undersized forwards getting pushed around and being ineffective in the corners.

Don't forget talent. We could use some talent.

and coaching, decent coaching would be nice.

and a PowerPlay, ya that's the ticket.

33568413.jpg

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I wish we could make some sort of deal to get both Fins like Vancouver did to get the Sedins. Hell we could run a magic Fin line that could maybe even make Granlund good.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I wish we could make some sort of deal to get both Fins like Vancouver did to get the Sedins. Hell we could run a magic Fin line that could maybe even make Granlund good.

That would be awesome, but the situation's a lot different. IIRC, there were fears at the time that the Sedins wouldn't even come to the NHL if they weren't on the same team.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Nate is what you want in a #7 guy. He is playing as a MN Wild and can brag about that to family, friends or bar rats because he is. He also doesn't complain when he's scratched as a result. So when in a pinch and Reilly or Oloffson cannot get to the game quick enough, he is sufficiently fine. However, I caution anyone who thinks that man is a #6 and can play 50+ games a year. In spurts, he may do fine....but his track record of consistently when he has played 5+ is not that great.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Size isn't hurting this team. We need talent and skill. Doesn't matter how big the player is.

Physical play in the NHL is definitely not what it was at the turn of the millennium. However, I've seen more than enough times players like Granlund just get beat the hell down. But to me, that is height and size as oppose to being physical. Players like Coyle and Nino are what this team needs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nate is what you want in a #7 guy. He is playing as a MN Wild and can brag about that to family, friends or bar rats because he is. He also doesn't complain when he's scratched as a result. So when in a pinch and Reilly or Oloffson cannot get to the game quick enough, he is sufficiently fine. However, I caution anyone who thinks that man is a #6 and can play 50+ games a year. In spurts, he may do fine....but his track record of consistently when he has played 5+ is not that great.

Completely agree. Yeo loves the Yeobot in him though and overplays him because he plays the "structure" that he wants constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad