Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think this should be the year that, instead of overpaying for a 30+ rental at the deadline, Fletcher uses those assets to try to move into the top 3. Laine or Puljujarvi would be welcome additions to this team.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I think this should be the year that, instead of overpaying for a 30+ rental at the deadline, Fletcher uses those assets to try to move into the top 3. Laine or Puljujarvi would be welcome additions to this team.

Oh man the thought of getting Laine almost gave me some hope there for a second.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I actually got a glimpse of the draft list. Instead of names they had them in the following form:

1. Battle level
2. Compete level
3. Warrior level
4. Leader level
5. Nice guy level
6. Suter's buddy level
7. Dyn.... (this one I couldn't read fully)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
TSN trade bait list:

http://www.tsn.ca/byfuglien-tops-tsn-trade-bait-list-1.432216

RWs Vrbata 11 goals, Hudler 6 goals, Erikkson 15 goals.

None of these guys will save the season...

I'm not for a trade for someone like that... a young skilled player? Sure... another vet? No thanks.

Even a young skilled player will end up as a Yeobot... so we have to get rid of Yeo first and foremost. He coaches creativity out of the game.

If we had Patrick Kane, all we'd hear about from Yeo is how Kane gets out of position, and that he needs to play with more structure...

Sorry, but there has to be a balance. Yes, structure is needed, but if a play is there to be made, allow your players to use their creativity and instincts to make it!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Keep: Scandella, Dumba, Brodin, Coyle, Nino, Zucker,

Trade: Parise, Suter, Pominville, Koivu, Granlund, Vanek, Fontaine

You absolutely can force players out of town.

Of course I'd rather we fire Yeo and try to ignite the players with that route.

LMFAOOOOOO

yeah, keep dreaming. they're not going ANYWHERE.

And youd be insane to trade them.

WildRube09

Mar 5, 2013
Keep: Scandella, Dumba, Brodin, Coyle, Nino, Zucker,

Trade: Parise, Suter, Pominville, Koivu, Granlund, Vanek, Fontaine

You absolutely can force players out of town.

Of course I'd rather we fire Yeo and try to ignite the players with that route.

11,9,20 arent going any where. 26, 29 will be next to impossible to move due to their production / contacts ... 14 has zero value

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
As much as we'd all love for this team to go through a rebuild (myself included), I just don't see that happening. I'm hoping Yeo gets canned and we make a couple trades to at least reshape this team.

Billy Mays Here*

Fletcher is smart to say no to Coyle or Nino for Drouin. Last thing we need is to get even smaller up front, and I'm not sold on Drouin anyway.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
At this point that might be what it takes to get us the type of player he's looking for. Obviously not for Drouin though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Downing has 27 points in 29 games, and is a +1, which is a miracle on that team. He's 6', 24 years old, and plays C. What are we waiting for? Who is Stoll to be keeping ANYONE from playing?

This is an easy move that doesn't involve firing coaches or trading players. What's to lose? If it doesn't work, send him back down, but give him a few games.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Russo had said Downing game isn't ready for the NHL yet. His AHL numbers are very encouraging though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Russo had said Downing game isn't ready for the NHL yet. His AHL numbers are very encouraging though.

Probably means he shoots and scores too much to play on the Wild forward line.

I would argue that many of the Wild players aren't ready for the NHL now.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
I don't disagree but wouldn't you rather protect the development of a young player who's been playing way above expectations then throw him into the NHL on a team in the midst of a dumpster fire expecting him to help turn things around?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008

Hey so were Alexandre Giroux's!

This is obviously a wait-it-out situation this season. The team is close enough to make the playoffs, but right now you get the sense that there is no humor in the room. Everyone is tense. If they can channel that into the rink and take it out on some team, playoffs remain possible.

All this talk of trading Nino, Coyle, Dumba, Brodin... yeah you can do the right trade, but what have these guys shown to make you think you'll get equal or greater value in return? Nino has the most value for sure at 2.6 for next season but doesn't that make him a player you'd want to have on the Wild?

Will they be too proud to trade Spurgeon, or Scandella? The other vets, like many others have said, are just not movable - even if they agreed to it! You don't think other GMs noticed how the Islanders got burned on Vanek? What a liability he is defensively?

The greatest asset in play right now is the 2016 1st and you're looking at a dire situation, in my opinion, if that goes.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I don't disagree but wouldn't you rather protect the development of a young player who's been playing way above expectations then throw him into the NHL on a team in the midst of a dumpster fire expecting him to help turn things around?

I agree - Wait until Yeo is fired to call him up. We don't need anyone else having their creativity sucked out of them as they are turned into a Yeobot.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

You understand he's 24, right? He's a man, not an 18 yo boy.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
You understand we are trying to make the playoffs and this is an undrafted rookie who was playing college hockey last year right? It's not about age it's about experience. Read the article Russo wrote. It's from a little while back but has tons of quotes from Flahr on him.

I completely agree with you that this team needs a shakeup but I fail to see how Downing is any answer for our problems. Sure, throw him in at 3C. Are we a better team? If there was a single player in Iowa who Fletcher thought could help this team and give us a spark, he'd have been called up yesterday. The reason why he is so desperately trying to make a trade is because there isn't an answer within the organization right now.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If anything, we should make some meaningless move like Pominville for Carle or Girardi, just to jolt the team to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad