Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’d take Monahan for the right price.
Me, too. Guerin apparently thinks differently, and I'll defer to him, as I don't watch CAL much. On the surface, though, he's still in his 20's, is signed for a reasonable contract, scores, and has good size. Maybe not the "chosen one", but we could do worse.

I just don't think that CAL will trade him w/o getting a top C prospect back like Rossi. I wouldn't.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Me, too. Guerin apparently thinks differently, and I'll defer to him, as I don't watch CAL much. On the surface, though, he's still in his 20's, is signed for a reasonable contract, scores, and has good size. Maybe not the "chosen one", but we could do worse.

I just don't think that CAL will trade him w/o getting a top C prospect back like Rossi. I wouldn't.

they offered him for dumba last year...

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
they offered him for dumba last year...
Did they? I thought that Russo said Guerin didn't like Monahan, after such a deal was talked about. Dumba's value last year was pretty low. If he starts scoring and has games like the last one it will bump up again, just like Monahan's will go down if he doesn't start scoring, or leading his team to success....just checked. He's scoring at a .75 per game clip. That's in line with what he normally does.

Last edited:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Without knowing if parise will waive to benefit this team, I’d be open to swap dumba and monohan for expansion reasons. Would obviously enjoy getting more than just a swap but I wouldn’t cry about a straight one for one swap. Send Rask the other way for a warm body and maybe get a puck coming back just for fun

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't think it's going to happen. They have a RHD who has 15 points. They don't have a bunch of good Centers, or Center prospects.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It would really depend on the cost. Monahan for Dumba in a vacuum probably makes some sense because of their contracts, but do we really want to trade Dumba for another piece that we'll probably have to move on from in 2 years?

He's got a really good shot but he doesn't offer a whole lot else for a team hoping for him to be their top center (that's why there's talk of Calgary moving on from him). Very streaky, defensively meh, doesn't really create plays or control the flow of the game.

Probably not worth the 7-8M he'll get on his next contract, certainly not with some of the contracts we already have on this team. I think it would be better in the long run to move Dumba for futures.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Jags4

Dec 26, 2016
Minnesota
Any interest in Clayton Keller? I saw his name come up on the trade board and the Coyotes would be looking for picks which we have an abundance of. Not sure how it would work salary wise or expansion wise but he is talented. Not a C though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Any interest in Clayton Keller? I saw his name come up on the trade board and the Coyotes would be looking for picks which we have an abundance of. Not sure how it would work salary wise or expansion wise but he is talented. Not a C though.

Wild don't have any cap space to fit Keller. Arizona would have to take back Dumba, in which case they wouldn't get the picks they wanted. Even then, long term, adding a 7M winger, even in exchange for Dumba, doesn't work for our cap. But Schmaltz would probably be our target from Arizona, if anyone, due to his center experience. Though in a vacuum I would love Keller, it just doesn't make sense unless we find a way to get rid of Parise's contract.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
zero interest from me

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I get that the Wild’s centers are bad. I don’t know why adding a wing that doesn’t player the center position particularly well in Monahan makes much sense though.

For Dumba is nonsense.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I get that the Wild’s centers are bad. I don’t know why adding a wing that doesn’t player the center position particularly well in Monahan makes much sense though.

For Dumba is nonsense.
This team has zero top 6 centers If there is a 26 year old center with multiple 30 goal seasons available, the Wild need to be interested.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Eichel news:

Sometimes I wonder about whether it's ethical or not to actually trade players to Buffalo. Like yeah, you want Eichel to make your own team better, but is it ethical to condemn players, especially young players with 7 years of team control like Rossi or Boldy, to Buffalo?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Sometimes I wonder about whether it's ethical or not to actually trade players to Buffalo. Like yeah, you want Eichel to make your own team better, but is it ethical to condemn players, especially young players with 7 years of team control like Rossi or Boldy, to Buffalo?
that's for Guerin to decide; it's unethical of the NHL to let them to continue to have a team, though

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

If that were indeed the case, (and I'm not in disagreement with the statement necessarily) then the Oilers should have been segregated from the pack years ago.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
that's for Guerin to decide; it's unethical of the NHL to let them to continue to have a team, though
I have a fondness for the old Sabres, but got pissed as hell at them when they denied Hamilton a team back in the late 80's, and I really haven't forgiven them for it. The league would've been far better off than picking Ottawa...Hamilton( which hates Toronto) Toronto games would've been epic.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I have a fondness for the old Sabres, but got pissed as hell at them when they denied Hamilton a team back in the late 80's, and I really haven't forgiven them for it. The league would've been far better off than picking Ottawa...Hamilton( which hates Toronto) Toronto games would've been epic.
Maybe the 'yotes will end up moving there :sarcasm:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Trocheck would be a godsend for this team right now. We need another center bad. I hope we don't explore the rental market, it's not good anyways, but I wouldn't be against making a play for a center with term like Trocheck would've been at the deadline last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad