Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Assuming Eichel is out of our price range, what do people think about Kuznetsov? Washington fans seem to be overreacting to a poor start to the season for him and are willing to let him go. Who know s if their management shares these feelings, but if you can get him without touching Boldy/Rossi, I think you pull the trigger. They're fans were fine with Dumba + Pittsburgh 1st + Bonino for Kuznestov + Jensen. That would give us this for next season:

Zuccarello-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-xxx
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Jensen
xxx-Addison

Talbot
Kahk

still have a first likely in the 10-20 range
Yes please

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we’re all in it’s means it’s almost certainly not enough for Kuz from WSH perspective

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Assuming Eichel is out of our price range, what do people think about Kuznetsov? Washington fans seem to be overreacting to a poor start to the season for him and are willing to let him go. Who know s if their management shares these feelings, but if you can get him without touching Boldy/Rossi, I think you pull the trigger. They're fans were fine with Dumba + Pittsburgh 1st + Bonino for Kuznestov + Jensen. That would give us this for next season:

Zuccarello-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-xxx
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Jensen
xxx-Addison

Talbot
Kahk

still have a first likely in the 10-20 range
Jensen isn't an expiring contract like Bonino. Suspect that 2.5M contract will come back to bite us in the future, when we also have to be carrying Kuzy's 7.8M cap hit.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Jensen isn't an expiring contract like Bonino. Suspect that 2.5M contract will come back to bite us in the future, when we also have to be carrying Kuzy's 7.8M cap hit.
He’s a serviceable player, though. I haven’t done any calculations, but I don’t suspect it gets icky cap-wise until Rossi/Boldy come off their ELC

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Losing Dumba's cap hit will help, for sure. Having 27M in AAV invested in your top 4 is a lot, but I can't say that any of them aren't worth it. Dumba isn't scoring a ton, but doesn't seem to have a regular place on the PP, and i do like his two way play. He 's still not as good of a defender as the other three, but he is above average. He has really cut down on his WTF? moments.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
giphy.gif

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I had to make a list of 5 players in the league I don't think Guerin is interested in based on what we know, Kuzentsov would be on it for sure.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Surprised Caps fans are that over-reactionary about moving Kuz. 2G - 3A in 9 games isn't horrible.

Maybe it's a symptom of a larger problem/trend they've noticed? Kind of like last year when we would have gladly moved Parise despite him being on a 30g pace?

Reactions: keppel146

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Maybe it's a symptom of a larger problem/trend they've noticed? Kind of like last year when we would have gladly moved Parise despite him being on a 30g pace?
When watching the caps earlier this year, he was invisible. He’d definitely be someone to keep an eye on though. Maybe just a slow start?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I wouldn't say he's far above it but yeah we do have options. I just personally think if we want to establish a winning culture Foligno should stay and Greenway size is almost unmatched in the league. Those 2 on a line has the potential to utterly dominate physically throughout the league.

Not skilled enough to win off just scoring imo. Mix of skilled and big and we can just overwhelm the best teams or compete with the biggest.
Foligno does nothing to establish a winning culture. He also isn't skilled enough to play on a line with Greenway. Foligno is a great 4th liner who got massively overpaid because Eriksson Ek and Greenway made him look like a passable 3rd liner for half a season.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
What do you guys think of this, as much as i hate it this is what some of the buffalo fans have insisted on and weve somewhat come to maybe a deal.

Kap + Rossi + parise (retained) + wild 1st

for eichel

then

dumba + pitt 1st + bonino

for

Kuznetsov

Run

greenway-eichel-fiala
boldy-kuz-zucc

top 6

I dont like trading kap... but if we want eichel i mean it might have to be done and then we have a killer 1/2c combo

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What do you guys think of this, as much as i hate it this is what some of the buffalo fans have insisted on and weve somewhat come to maybe a deal.

for eichel

then

for

Kuznetsov

Run

greenway-eichel-fiala
boldy-kuz-zucc

top 6

I dont like trading kap... but if we want eichel i mean it might have to be done and then we have a killer 1/2c combo

Nah. We can just keep our young pieces and continue building around them.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Kuznetsov hasn’t looked very good in the few Washington games I’ve seen this year. Not very visible except in bad ways. On the other hand, he’d be a significant improvement on every not known as JEE.

I’d be fine with Dumba and whatever is needed to even out money. Adding a first (especially depending which it is) and adding Jenson are things I wouldn’t be a fan of. Not deal breakers but if the goal is continue to add talent moving a first with Dumba for a player who isn’t going well has the potential to not turn out great. Jenson just isn’t a good player IMO and we’d be looking for ways to get him off the ice.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

for eichel
No thanks. Not interested in sending Kap + Rossi+ a 1st on top of that.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019

for eichel

then

for

Kuznetsov

Run

greenway-eichel-fiala
boldy-kuz-zucc

top 6

I wouldn’t give up a bunch of the Wilds future for Eichel. Maybe if the Wild will keep their future, good players will actually want to come and play with these guys. It’s obvious the Wild need stud center, but you basically throw your future away for Eichel, and in a few years he wants out and you are screwed.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Nah. We can just keep our young pieces and continue building around them.
Exactly.. I get wanting to make moves but the first time in forever the Wild have young pieces fans have been clamoring for and now we want to trade them away, and then in 5 years complain that our cupboards are empty.. can’t ever be happy and stick to a plan. Now I’d give up a lot for Eichel, but some of these proposed trades.. oof. People better come out for air before sticking their head back up so far.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Exactly.. I get wanting to make moves but the first time in forever the Wild have young pieces fans have been clamoring for and now we want to trade them away, and then in 5 years complain that our cupboards are empty.. can’t ever be happy and stick to a plan. Now I’d give up a lot for Eichel, but some of these proposed trades.. oof. People better come out for air before sticking their head back up so far.

5 years is quite a long time.

Reactions: StateofCelly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->