Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why does Parise waive for Nashville?

Maybe he just waives for anyone at this point? Maybe he's just sick of being in this organization.

Maybe he misses Granlund and Haula and Kunin.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d have my doubts about all of those.

I do too, but I want to believe that he'll waive for almost anywhere at this point.

On the other hand, maybe I don't. That cap recapture thing could sink us.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Maybe he is tired of playing bottom six and being proved he doesn’t belong so he wants to try cracking a different lineups top six? I’ll agree I don’t think it should also cost a 1st but I’d enjoy ridding us of parise

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
At this point, you’re better off keeping him, hope he retires early, and that Leipold has enough clout to get recapture penalties removed in the next CBA.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d have my doubts about all of those.
I found a poster on Gopher puck Live, I think that’s what 2Pair was referring to, that said the rumor is coming from TSN. Don’t know why it wouldn’t be more widespread by now if this was happening, though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
GPL? How reliable is the source?
No idea. I did a quick google search and found nothing about it. Still thought it was worth discussion

I would hate to add a 1st for a player currently as not good as Johansen, but I'm 100% he's better than Parise without having watched him this season, he's a center, and he's 28. The contracts are a wash. Still, it shouldn't cost a 1st.
It should cost a lot more than a 1st to get rid of Parise. Johansen's contract is high enough to take away most of his value, but this trade would be a no-brainer for the Wild. IMO

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It should cost a lot more than a 1st to get rid of Parise. Johansen's contract is high enough to take away most of his value, but this trade would be a no-brainer for the Wild. IMO

I generally agree, but it's not like Johansen is worth anywhere near his contract. In a vacuum, the 1st is probably a fine deal for us, but when you consider that we're not losing his cap, just replacing it with another player, we're going to need the cheap talent the 1st can provide. That and the risk of recapture makes me feel like it's probably not worth a 1st for us. I'd give a 2nd, not a 1st.

Reactions: TaLoN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I generally agree, but it's not like Johansen is worth anywhere near his contract. In a vacuum, the 1st is probably a fine deal for us, but when you consider that we're not losing his cap, just replacing it with another player, we're going to need the cheap talent the 1st can provide. That and the risk of recapture makes me feel like it's probably not worth a 1st for us. I'd give a 2nd, not a 1st.
Nashville is taking the worse player on the same contract. That has a price. You're getting Johansen for free. Probably even better than free

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nashville is taking the worse player on the same contract. That has a price. You're getting Johansen for free. Probably even better than free

Yeah, and if he was a good player himself, it might be worth a 1st. He's not, so I question if it is.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah, and if he was a good player himself, it might be worth a 1st. He's not, so I question if it is.
Would you give up a 1st to be free of Parise's contract completely? That's a no-brainer for me.
If you knew you were free of Parise's contract, would you be willing to take Johansen for free? That's not quite the no-brainer, but given the wild's situation its still an obvious yes. Right handed top 6 center that has a good 2-way game that would help Ek insulate Rossi.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would you give up a 1st to be free of Parise's contract completely? That's a no-brainer for me.
If you knew you were free of Parise's contract, would you be willing to take Johansen for free? That's not quite the no-brainer, but given the wild's situation its still an obvious yes. Right handed top 6 center that has a good 2-way game that would help Ek insulate Rossi.

No

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Fiala + Both firsts for Eichel? Do we need to add? Fiala paced or 69 points last year and is 24 years old. He would be the centerpiece going back, and it would hurt a lot to lose him. 2 firsts to insulate the value difference.

Trade Dumba for 1st+ (this could be included in Eichel deal if needed).

Lose Soucy in expansion

Trade Rask

Boldy(925k)-Eichel(10.0M)-XXXX
Kaprizov(7.0M)-Rossi(925k)-Zuccarello(6.0M)
Greenway(2.1M)-Ek(4.75M)-Hartman(3.0M)
Foligno(3.1M)-Sturm(750k)-Dewar(925k)

Suter(7.53M)-Spurgeon(Too Much)
Brodin(6.0M)-Addsion(925k)
XXXX-Menell(1M)

Talbkt(3.66M)
Kahkonen(725k)

Pressbox: Parise (7.53M)

Cap-hit: 74.45M, I.e. 7.05M to fill in the rest.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Fiala + Both firsts for Eichel? Do we need to add? Fiala paced or 69 points last year and is 24 years old. He would be the centerpiece going back, and it would hurt a lot to lose him. 2 firsts to insulate the value difference.

Trade Dumba for 1st+ (this could be included in Eichel deal if needed).

Lose Soucy in expansion

Trade Rask

Boldy(925k)-Eichel(10.0M)-XXXX
Kaprizov(7.0M)-Rossi(925k)-Zuccarello(6.0M)
Greenway(2.1M)-Ek(4.75M)-Hartman(3.0M)
Foligno(3.1M)-Sturm(750k)-Dewar(925k)

Suter(7.53M)-Spurgeon(Too Much)
Brodin(6.0M)-Addsion(925k)
XXXX-Menell(1M)

Talbkt(3.66M)
Kahkonen(725k)

Pressbox: Parise (7.53M)

Cap-hit: 74.45M, I.e. 7.05M to fill in the rest.
I’d do that in a heartbeat, prob would need to add a little something too. I’d throw In Khovanov. (I’m not a huge Fiala fan, especially if he’s asking for a huge new contract)

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Just pay the draft capital and the roster players needed for cap. We are going all in with eichel so who cares about the 1sts.

Bonino
Johansson
Bjugstad
Khovanov
Rights to Menell
21 1sts
22 1st

Playoff roster

Boldy Eichel Fiala
Zucarello Rask Kaprizov
Greenway Ek Foligno
Parise Sturm Hartman

Go 4 4 1 parise/zucc waive.

Pay something decent for SEA to take Talbot to free up some more room to resign Ek, Kap, Fiala.

Keep dumba and soucy. Profit?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Would it be a bad idea to actually take a look into Monahan? Kap seems to be able to setup very well and combined with monohan it wouldn’t be a bad combo when we decide to go away from Rask I don’t see him as a future 1C but with Kap I don’t think his production goes down at all playing here.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Would it be a bad idea to actually take a look into Monahan? Kap seems to be able to setup very well and combined with monohan it wouldn’t be a bad combo when we decide to go away from Rask I don’t see him as a future 1C but with Kap I don’t think his production goes down at all playing here.
I’d take Monahan for the right price.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad