Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I think it’s very fair to prefer Boldy over Rossi. A lot has changed since Rossi was drafted.

I see Boldy as a surefire Top 6 W. I think it very likely he finds chemistry with one of Fiala or Kaprizov, hopefully the latter. He’s smart and is used to playing with elite linemates. It’s reasonable to be very high on his NHL future right now.

Rossi still has much more to prove and I’m not sure his ceiling is much higher than Boldy’s anyway. We don’t know what impact this condition has had on his body or his mind. It’s only natural to temper expectations a bit. I am betting on him because he seems like a hard-working kid and I think he is finding ways to improve even while he can’t skate. But I’d bet money that opposing GMs value Boldy more right now.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We don’t know what impact this condition has had on his body or his mind. It’s only natural to temper expectations a bit. I am betting on him because he seems like a hard-working kid and I think he is finding ways to improve even while he can’t skate.

I'm not worried, he's #feelingbetter

upload_2021-2-21_13-21-45.png

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I personally think their value is pretty close right now, and because of how close it is, the position played actually can be a factor.

Rossi's condition is a short term concern in that it's keeping him off the ice and likely not doing any favors for his playing shape. Luckily he's a young and very driven player, so I don't think he'll have an issue getting back on the horse and getting to work once cleared.

That's why I consider it only a short term concern.

Both players have a pretty high ceiling IMO, Rossi's may be just a bit higher and in the more important position... so if I had to choose only one, I probably go with Rossi ATM, but it's not an easy choice.

I'd like to keep both in the long run though.

Work around a package of Dumba and Greenway and see if we can get there instead.

If they need a center in return... start with Ek and see where we can get to in building a deal.

Reactions: MuckOG

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
As someone dealing with long term effects of COVID, I'd honestly trade Rossi over Boldy. I was a NCAA baseball player and still worked out 4-5 times a week. I was in better shape then prob 90-95% of the general public. COVID has absolutely decimated me to the point where I get winded walking up stairs. I'd worry about Rossi's future and development. That being said, my offer to BUF would be:

Dumba
Rossi
Both '21 1sts
Rask

I bet that could get the deal done and wouldn't ruin our team currently and we could still deal off Bonino, Johansson, and Bjugstad for whatever futures we can get. (Prob 3rd to 7th round picks at best)

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Buffalo clearly wasn’t high on Rossi this fall when they took Quinn over him, so I don’t see them having much interest now after all the recent developments.

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
As someone dealing with long term effects of COVID, I'd honestly trade Rossi over Boldy. I was a NCAA baseball player and still worked out 4-5 times a week. I was in better shape then prob 90-95% of the general public. COVID has absolutely decimated me to the point where I get winded walking up stairs. I'd worry about Rossi's future and development. That being said, my offer to BUF would be:

Dumba
Rossi
Both '21 1sts
Rask

I bet that could get the deal done and wouldn't ruin our team currently and we could still deal off Bonino, Johansson, and Bjugstad for whatever futures we can get. (Prob 3rd to 7th round picks at best)

Unfair critique here. Much like it's unfair for the public to assume COVID wouldn't sideline a young guy like Rossi for a long period, it's unfair for you to assume Rossi would go from high-performing athlete to struggling to get up a flight of stairs.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

Dumba
Rossi
Both '21 1sts
Rask

zucc- eichel- fiala
boldy- getzlaf/statsny?- kaprizov
greenway-ek-foligno
parise-sturm-hartman?

seems like a solid lineup until we get a 2c

i could get on board with this

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. No chance that Buffalo would agree.
I guess I value our 1st and EK way too much since I wouldn't do that deal. But sounds like that's just me since it seems like others would do the deal from a wild perspective at least.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Dumba
Rossi
Both '21 1sts
Rask

That's a very fair offer, IMO. Loved the way you slipped in Rask at the end.:thumbu:

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I guess I value our 1st and EK way too much since I wouldn't do that deal. But sounds like that's just me since it seems like others would do the deal from a wild perspective at least.

You would rather have Ek (#3C) and a 1st round pick which may or may not turn into an NHL player instead of Jack Eichel who is one of the best #1Cs in NHL?????

Reactions: kfan22

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I'd do the deal.

Sell off the free agents at deadline if we are out. Hope for the best on a run if in.

Next year

Zucc Eichel Kap
Boldy Ek Fiala
Foligno xxxx Greenway
Parise Sturm Hartman

Brodin Spurgeon
Suter Menell/Addison
xxxx Addison/Menell
Mermis
Belpeido

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd do the deal.

Sell off the free agents at deadline if we are out. Hope for the best on a run if in.

Next year

Zucc Eichel Kap
Boldy Ek Fiala
Foligno xxxx Greenway
Parise Sturm Hartman

Brodin Spurgeon
Suter Menell/Addison
xxxx Addison/Menell
Mermis
Belpeido

Probably only ~$2M to fill those two open spots. Can be done, but it’d be extremely tight.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Cole for minimum.
Hartman/Parise to center if we can't fill with a good deal. Mayhew/? For the 4th line rw?

Deal Hartman thats another 1.8m

Cole is better than a league minimum guy, but we do have options with guys like Hartman, Foligno and maybe even Talbot.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Cole is better than a league minimum guy, but we do have options with guys like Hartman, Foligno and maybe even Talbot.

I wouldn't say he's far above it but yeah we do have options. I just personally think if we want to establish a winning culture Foligno should stay and Greenway size is almost unmatched in the league. Those 2 on a line has the potential to utterly dominate physically throughout the league.

Not skilled enough to win off just scoring imo. Mix of skilled and big and we can just overwhelm the best teams or compete with the biggest.

Reactions: 57special

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Assuming Eichel is out of our price range, what do people think about Kuznetsov? Washington fans seem to be overreacting to a poor start to the season for him and are willing to let him go. Who know s if their management shares these feelings, but if you can get him without touching Boldy/Rossi, I think you pull the trigger. They're fans were fine with Dumba + Pittsburgh 1st + Bonino for Kuznestov + Jensen. That would give us this for next season:

Zuccarello-Kuznetsov-Kaprizov
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-xxx
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Jensen
xxx-Addison

Talbot
Kahk

still have a first likely in the 10-20 range

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Assuming Eichel is out of our price range, what do people think about Kuznetsov? Washington fans seem to be overreacting to a poor start to the season for him and are willing to let him go. Who know s if their management shares these feelings, but if you can get him without touching Boldy/Rossi, I think you pull the trigger. They're fans were fine with Dumba + Pittsburgh 1st + Bonino for Kuznestov + Jensen. That would give us this for next season:

Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-xxx
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Jensen
xxx-Addison

Talbot
Kahk

Yeah I’m in.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-xxx
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Jensen
xxx-Addison

Talbot
Kahk

I'm also in

Status