Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline - So How About that Luongo Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
If Kesler can stay healthy I like our lineup. I want to see him go through a playoffs in good health just once. Kesler is the guy, IMO, who makes this team click.

fingers crossed. he plays too wreckless. and blame some on a.v giving him too many mins. shutdown role+scoring. he needs to concentrate on goalscoring. leave the checking to higgins/roy/hansen.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Getting Roy gives the team so many more options. I'm really excited to have another elite playmaker. Helps the pp, and you can move him around.

Dain Bramaged

Mar 29, 2013
Vancouver
Getting Roy gives the team so many more options. I'm really excited to have another elite playmaker. Helps the pp, and you can move him around.

That is the important point for us all. Despite not moving Luongo, we still came out ahead, and in a far better position than before the deadline.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
*Looks at roster from last game...sees:
Andrew Ebbett
Nicklas Jensen
Steven Pinizzotto
Jordan Schroeder
Tom Sestito
Bill Sweatt
Cam Barker

Weeps a little*

Because

Ryan Kesler
Zack Kassian
David Booth
Manny Malholtra
Dale Weiss
Keith Ballard
Mason Raymond

are injured.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
So we're hoping to get secondary scoring in the playoffs on "seems" and "if"? We can't score in the playoffs, and we didn't exactly address that need unless we all of a sudden can score goals.

Well thats for all teams.

What we know right now is we have 7 forwards scoring at a top 6 rate. All signs right now don't point to there being a huge drop off. And those issues/concerns are the same for all teams.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004
Is there any possible way Maholtra can come back for the playoffs? I think the team really misses his defensive abilities and their faceoff percentage has been dreadful without him.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
... you remember that finals run right...

Raymond: 2 goals, -1, 3.5% shooting %.

Only regular who was more brutal was Ehrhoff.
Chris Higgins like Mason Raymond also had 8 points in that run.

Do we consider Higgins a possible issue?

Its almost like unless our 2nd line has 1st liners on it aswell that we don't have a good/decent top 6.

I don't think some people know what 2nd line production is.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
I really hope Booth is back for the playoffs. Yeah, I know he's not everyone's "favourite" but we need him. Fingers crossed.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'm confident that we can re-sign him. He seems extremely happy to play for the Canucks, alongside Kassian with the Buffalo connection.

I don't see why he wouldn't take a minor paycut, to stay with a team in far far better shape in the future, and standings-wise, than Buffalo. He doesn't seem like an Ehrhoff-type to me.

Of course, resigning him would mean the end for either Ballard, Booth, or Luongo. Or a combination of all three.

Yeah I agree. We will see how it goes if he really likes it here perhaps he will buy in aswell.

I'm optimistic and I'm sure MG is too. Having him could be a big asset, let Raymond go maybe and put Roy on the wing with Kesler and whomever else. Then JS can take over full time 3rd line center duties.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Well you heard them the goal is to win the cup this year hopefully they can pull it off. Don't worry if you think of it H.Sedin, Kesler, Roy, Lapierre now our center depth is good. Booth should be back in the playoffs if we survive round one which I think we are capable of now, that we have Roy.

I have a few combinations.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Higgins
Kassian-Roy-Hansen
Pinnizzotto-Lapierre-Weise

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Kassian
Higgins-Roy-Hansen
Pinnizzotto-Lapierre-Weise

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Kassian
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Sestito-Lapierre-Weise

IDK there is just something I don't like about Raymond-Roy-Hansen.

Healthy lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Booth
Raymond-Roy-Hansen
Kassian-Lapierre-Weise

There are many combos out there.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Well thats for all teams.

What we know right now is we have 7 forwards scoring at a top 6 rate. All signs right now don't point to there being a huge drop off. And those issues/concerns are the same for all teams.

Ya... but it's a bit easier for Boston to point to Jagr's 189 playoff points in 180 games or the Penguins to point to Iginla's 49 points in 54 games as opposed to the Canucks pointing to Raymond's 16 points in 51 games... or Roy's 25 points in 41 games.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Chris Higgins like Mason Raymond also had 8 points in that run.

Do we consider Higgins a possible issue?

Its almost like unless our 2nd line has 1st liners on it aswell that we don't have a good/decent top 6.

I don't think some people know what 2nd line production is.

... Higgins had 3 game winning goals... :shakehead

Higgins had more game winning goals over that run than Raymond had goals!

Hell he had more goals than the shooting % of Raymond! and Raymond had more ice-time.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Ya... but it's a bit easier for Boston to point to Jagr's 189 playoff points in 180 games or the Penguins to point to Iginla's 49 points in 54 games as opposed to the Canucks pointing to Raymond's 16 points in 51 games... or Roy's 25 points in 41 games.

Well we could also point to Pascal Dupuis 33 points in 82 games, or even say Milan Lucic's 25 points in 62 games.

Those are other comparisons aswell. And I don't think Raymond is Iginla or Jagr. Not that he is Lucic either but I don't hear BOS or PIT complaining about those guys lack of career playoff production.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
... Higgins had 3 game winning goals... :shakehead

Higgins had more game winning goals over that run than Raymond had goals!

Hell he had more goals than the shooting % of Raymond! and Raymond had more ice-time.
So? Okay he scored a few timely goals, but his overall production was no better than Mason Raymonds was. I don't hear anyone worrying about Higgins producing in the playoffs?

Treefingers

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 21, 2006
Vancouver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad