Post-Game Talk: Trade Deadline - So How About that Luongo Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
CCF my point on Torres wasn't that they should go nuts for Torres it's that they didn't address the holes they said they would at all.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Looking like the Roy acquisition was a waste of assets unless Roy is going to be re-signed. Wish we would have made that one extra move to put us over the top, but as it stands I expect a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit (depending on who we meet in round 1).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Luongo explicitly stated he never nixed any deals whatsoever.

I'd say that rumor is dead and buried.

Yes he did squash it but then the strange part is botchford asked him about saying "you said if you wanted a month ago to be traded you would have, any regrets"

ANd then he said if i had taken a different approach from the end of last year to now in how i conduct myself it would have been different.

So I dont know what he then ment by that, I do truly believe he was never approached officially for a trade but i also think he may have been told by people in flordia they will get him and he may have pressed gillis more about his openness to be moved elsewhere? I am just speculating.

I dont know it was a strange press conference.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Fire Gillis right now, that is the reason why we fired Nonis a couple of years ago, isn't it?
It's his refusal to fire AV that is going to cost us the cup, not the player, but because our terrible coaching.
It's his refusal to trade for anyone in the 09 trade deadline when we have Sundin.
It's his refusal to hire Guy Boucher when given the chance, and continue to make the right move.
It's his decision to support AV when we lost to the LA Kings who barely made the playoffs.

Fire Gillis, but most importantly fired AV!

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Looking like the Roy acquisition was a waste of assets unless Roy is going to be re-signed. Wish we would have made that one extra move to put us over the top, but as it stands I expect a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit (depending on who we meet in round 1).

Yes, pretty much unless something spectacular happens.

Dado

Yes he did squash it but then the strange part is botchford asked him about saying "you said if you wanted a month ago to be traded you would have, any regrets"

I thought that was pretty clear - he's saying he could have been a dick about all this and forced a trade a long time ago - but that's not the kind of guy he sees himself as being.

Interesting - am I the only one who heard it that way?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
It is what it is. IMO, this team has a lot of problems unrelated to personnel. If they can get that worked out then we have a better chance.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I hate Gillis... hate him. Arrogant... jus arrogant for a guy that inherited a team with the Sedins, Kesler, etc.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

I think Roy will want to resign when he finds out how desperate this team is for skill. He will like the fact he could play a big role on a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad