Pre-Game Talk: TORONTO vs MONTREAL: Leafs called up Colton Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think it's just something of a good bye thing.
Besides, the guy is kindof a target, so he's probably out at the first sight of doing something stupid.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Not sure why everyone is so scared of the Leafs. Colton Orr got called up to retire as a Leaf, I doubt he'll have any intention of hurting someone. Just watch out for Kadri's chicken wings and we'll be fine.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not sure why everyone is so scared of the Leafs. Colton Orr got called up to retire as a Leaf, I doubt he'll have any intention of hurting someone. Just watch out for Kadri's chicken wings and we'll be fine.

We were guaranteed an easy win until The Canes went and F'd us up by winning. :cry:
Now the laffs can play their game 7. :help:
Aghh WTF Boston did them in half a period their last game 7. :naughty:

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
That's not funny, though. I don't see anyone laughing.

The comments are an inside joke for Leafs fans,of course it's not funny to a Habs fan.Didn't you ever want Marchand to get hit by a truck,but didn't at the same time.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The comments are an inside joke for Leafs fans,of course it's not funny to a Habs fan.Didn't you ever want Marchand to hit by a truck,but didn't at the same time.
Good point, I hate Marchand but I never wished him harm, except maybe that one time but that's it.

Mynameismark*

It's a nice gesture by the Leafs is all. Orr realizes he has no future with that team and perhaps in the league, so why would he care to fight for them?

Not to mention he probably wont want to go out not playing a full game.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Orr had only 2 minor penalities this year in the ahl no fighting major in 12 games... no way we rest our best player esp if ott wins in the afternoon... with a lost it would mean that montreal finish either 1st and boston is in, or tampa wins and we play detroit...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Dress 6'8 Finley. Do it. Play Finley only to follow/patrol Orr...that's it, that's all.

(even if it's only 7-8min...every shift Orr plays could be an injury to one of our star players... and I don't want Prust wasting his time on Orr...it would be a brain dead waste of time and idea).

Play Tokarski and Weaver or Gonchar over Price and Markov. The last thing we need is more injuries.

+1...I don't want Orr or any other dirty Leaf player falling on Price in a useless game.

Time to get rid of the rust...play the rusty players/dmen:
Weaver
Gonchar
Bournival
Malhotra
,etc,etc...

But most of all...play Finley when Orr is on the ice...just to patrol him. No brainer. I still won't forgive Orr for violently sucker punching Bourque like the coward Orr is (doing it when the referee had a hold of Bourque).

Last edited:

Davebo*

Hve you watched the games between the habs and Sens this year ? Two Playoffs ago ?... Have you watch Sens games lately ? They have the confidence, the size, the scoring talents, the goalie to go quite far. No team would like to face them in the first round.

Sounds like you're in the wrong spot. **** the sens...

gtforepro

Feb 9, 2013
Toronto
NoDepositBonus.cc
Dress 6'8 Finley. Do it. Play Finley only to follow/patrol Orr...that's it, that's all.

I think that would be a nice gesture, actually. But I really don't think Orr will fight or even wants to fight. He wants to skate around for 10 minutes in the Leaf jersey and get his video tribute and standing ovation. But, you never know...to play that role you need to be a little crazy, right? Maybe the adrenaline gets pumping and he decides to go out with a bang. :laugh: I had no intention of watching the game until I heard about this...

studDUGY

Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
*looks over Maple Leaf call ups for game*

MT: Bergie, call up everyone.

Bergie: What do you mean "everyone"?

MT:

everyone-the-professional.gif

10/10 reference. Would watch gif again.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
CCOOJc4W8AAK4nH.jpg

he touched the trophy

i know that because it's based entirely on superstition so it's not at all rational, but my understanding is that the "do not touch" rule only applies to Prince of Wales Trophy or the Clarence C. Campbell Bowl. but I could be wrong.

To be honest, this is the first time I actually remember seeing the presidents trophy which in my opinion is ugly enough that no one should touch it.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If Ottawa gets a point against Philly at 12:30 Saturday, and Pens get 2 points against Isles tomorrow, Bruins are out of playoffs. They will probably tank the Saturday game against Tampa. Habs will know this by 3 PM on Saturday.

Further, there is some talk the Bruins Tampa game may be moved to Sat. afternoon also.

I think Habs should be prepared to play either the A or B team depending on circumstances. Bring everyone to Toronto.

Home advantage against Tampa in round 2 could be huge.

Even MB hinted that they would not rest players if it meant something in the standings.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Here's my lineup for this game

Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Weise-Desharnais-DSP
Prust-DeLarose-Parenteau
Mitchell-Malhotra-Flynn

Gonchar-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Tokarski

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
People if Carolina do not win another game Toronto wil not win another game.
Colton Orr or no Colton Orr. :help:

There is far too much at stake with McD and J EkyL...
They are talking a franchise player adds Billions to the value of a club.
Not the case in TO IMO as their value is already stout but certainly to teams like Buf.

Leafs can't catch Carolina. I think they are going to play their ***** off on Saturday. And the players don't give a **** about Mcdavid right now.

Half of them won't be there anyway, and the other half are playing for their job.

I hope Tampa loses or gets 1 point because I'm pretty certain Habs lose this one. Better hope Boston cares about their game against Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad