Pre-Game Talk: TORONTO vs MONTREAL: Leafs called up Colton Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
We should forfeit the game and hope TB loses, amirite?

The drama queens will still find a way to blame it on MT.:laugh:

We need to get first in the division, can't rest everybody. And it's probably Price himself who asked for the start. If he wants to play, you play him. He played 72 games in 2011. Give me a break with your heavy workload theory.:laugh:

EDIT: And do you really want to have Price play 1 game in 10 days right before the playoffs? I swear some of you need to think before posting BS.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Meh, who cares. Sports fans take this 'resting players' garbage way too seriously. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. **** happens. Pacioretty got hurt in a meaningless game a few nights ago. Are we supposed to wrap our entire roster in bubblewrap as soon as we clinch the playoffs? Let them play.

Yes. In a meaningless game, for sure. You know why? The Leafs are going to try and send a message, they want to impress Lord Cherry on HNIC for their final demise.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Yes. In a meaningless game, for sure. You know why? The Leafs are going to try and send a message, they want to impress Lord Cherry on HNIC for their final demise.

The Leafs haven't tried for about 55games now. As long as we let it that sleeping dog will lie.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Technically all games are meaningless as soon as we clinch. And if your argument is that they have value because they determine our seeding, then Saturday's game has value too.

I seriously doubt the Leafs are going to send any kind of message. Some of you guys act like the last game of the season is the Hunger Games only with NHL stars getting killed instead of teenagers.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Technically all games are meaningless as soon as we clinch. And if your argument is that they have value because they determine our seeding, then Saturday's game has value too.

I seriously doubt the Leafs are going to send any kind of message. Some of you guys act like the last game of the season is the Hunger Games only with NHL stars getting killed instead of teenagers.

No, it's Murphy's Law. Why risk having some idiot fall on Price, which what has been happening the last 2 weeks? How many players have taken a run at him? Let him rest, give Tokarski some time in the pipes, so if we have to put fatso in the nets, he remembers what his job is.

Why on earth not go into the playoffs with a certainty that Price will be ready? Why even risk starting round one with a stupid, avoidable injury? This is what the team worked hard for all year, there is no reason Price should start, and every reason Tokarski should. If fatso can't give this team a chance against the Leafs, send him to the a rec team, this is the exact reason we have a backup.

What better scenario? The Leafs, the playoffs are a certainty and Dustin can get some playing time. Nothing else makes sense.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
No, it's Murphy's Law. Why risk having some idiot fall on Price, which what has been happening the last 2 weeks? How many players have taken a run at him? Let him rest, give Tokarski some time in the pipes, so if we have to put fatso in the nets, he remembers what his job is.

Why on earth not go into the playoffs with a certainty that Price will be ready? Why even risk starting round one with a stupid, avoidable injury? This is what the team worked hard for all year, there is no reason Price should start, and every reason Tokarski should. If fatso can't give this team a chance against the Leafs, send him to the a rec team, this is the exact reason we have a backup.

What better scenario? The Leafs, the playoffs are a certainty and Dustin can get some playing time. Nothing else makes sense.

Or, or, or, ORRRR, what about this most likely scenario:

nothing happens and all this hand-wringing is for nothing.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
T.B. is 31 -8 -1 at home, 18 - 16 - 7 away. Home ice advantage counts for something.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Or Murphy's law has us rest him Saturday and Tuesday night he falls down the stairs and breaks his arm...........

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Or, or, or, ORRRR, what about this most likely scenario:

nothing happens and all this hand-wringing is for nothing.

Maybe, and most probably nothing will happen. I'm protecting my VIP, making sure he's there for the opening round, nothing to chance.

Maverik

Oct 26, 2006
"I know you have a shot at the Jennings, but we'll leave that faith into Tokarski's hands". That would of went well...

Price is cementing one of the most dominant G season ever, let him play and finish this out right.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
"I know you have a shot at the Jennings, but we'll leave that faith into Tokarski's hands". That would of went well...

Price is cementing one of the most dominant G season ever, let him play and finish this out right.

the Jennings... lol

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If Price and our better players play, people will ***** at Therrien for putting our guys at risk of getting hurt.

If Price and our better plays sits, people will ***** that Therrien should've let our better players play so we can lock up home ice and Price would have like a week off in between starts.

I don't have a problem with Price playing, getting the 2nd seed and home ice would be huge.. this game isn't meaningless at all and odds are Tampa will probably still win their game.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

:laugh:

What a joke of a franchise. Maybe they should have had this mentality the whole season.

he said the exact same thing with 7 games left in the season. it hasnt turned out so well to this point.

what do you expect him to say " hell yeah we are gonna mail it in, I'm not going to be here next year and half of out players have already pre-emptively emptied their lockers".

its funny because sutter said pretty much the exact same thing after the flames ousted the kings, that the season isnt over yet and they intend to play to win,

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What Horachek really means is: "I want this to be the last game before I get ****-canned."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad