Pre-Game Talk: TORONTO vs MONTREAL: Leafs called up Colton Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
I'm going to the game.

Hoping it's an exciting game and not a snooze fest.

I'll be there with my oldest!!!! I'll have my Robinson jersey and he will have a number 27 jersey with the name currently missing lol.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
It would be nice if this team could actually dress a few 'men' like they used to, instead of worrying about getting hurt. It wasn't long ago the response would be.. 'oh cute...you dressed a couple tough guys? We'll throw in a couple as well'.

[rant]
Now we just run, and hide, hoping everyone plays nice. I really hoped MB had a pair of nuts hanging in those pants, but apparently he would rather run away from the rough stuff. There is no reason to play any of our star players in that game, and doing so is a bad call on managements part.

[/rant]

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Weird....the online media applaud this call-up, but not us. I find Leafs have class, no ?

Malreg

May 12, 2011
I'm not necessarily sure he'll do anything. I think he probably is going to retire and this is the Leafs letting him play his last pro game as an NHLer on home ice.

While I understand why they did it, you don't think Orr will want to go out with a bang in his final game?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Holy over reaction! The guy is being called up to be recognized for his efforts in the organization. Maybe he gets into a good bye scrap. He will play his heart out but when it's one team going for the Cup and another going golfing, no one is looking to injure anyone.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
While I understand why they did it, you don't think Orr will want to go out with a bang in his final game?

I doubt it, but anyway it takes 2 to tango. Hopefully the Habs players aren't dumb enough to engage Orr in a meaningless scrap just because he wants to fight in his last game.

If any of them are, well, they deserve what's coming to them.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Colton Orr isn't a dirty player, He might want to drop the gloves one last time but it's more probable that he just gets a couple of shifts on the faceoff the give fans the opportunity to honour him.

If our players can't handle big clean hits, then we're not ready for the playoffs anyways.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I don't think they called up Orr for him to kill everyone but just so he can play his final game in the NHL, doubt he will do anything stupid.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
isnt he the animal that went for a dirty hit, then went after Gio and sucker punched Bork all in the space of 20 seconds???

oh did he? I really dont remember it - I just really didnt remember him being someone who went after people from top of my head i watched a bunch of leafs games back when he was in the reg roster

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
isnt he the animal that went for a dirty hit, then went after Gio and sucker punched Bork all in the space of 20 seconds???
He went to hit Gionta (hard to tell if it was dirty since Gionta moved out of the way) and then the two met up to get at it and Bourque came in to protect Gio and got knocked down.

Lets not forget the Parros incident where Orr showed his true colours. (52 secs below)

The game can get emotional but I can't see this being anything more than a send-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad