Pre-Game Talk: TORONTO vs MONTREAL: Leafs called up Colton Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
the division is on the line , as if this is an issue. any excuse to bash i guess.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm no Therrien fan but I think it's a little unfair to label this as "Therrien's decision." If Price was gased/injured and wanted a break, they would absolutely give him one. No doubt in my mind. I think he wants to play tomorrow and make sure he is 100% on his game for the playoffs.

I didn't mean this in a negative way towards Therrien. There are plenty other threads for that. It's more about the implications of the decision.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Orr?????????????!!!

We might as well bring back Parros for this game!!
(every shift Orr plays...Parros follows him around).

:sarcasm:

P.S.: I still think it's a joke that Orr is playing in this game.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
Bad idea to start Price against the Leafs.

Also i hope Pateryn stays in the line-up instead of Gilbert. Thanks for the quality prospect you silly Leafs, much appreciated.

Probably Price's choice if he wants to pad his record.

Agree on Pateryn. Guy plays a steady game and adds a nice physical element to the team.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Yes. In a meaningless game, for sure. You know why? The Leafs are going to try and send a message, they want to impress Lord Cherry on HNIC for their final demise.

I acknowledge the risk of playing price, but the game is not meaningless.

If the habs are going to make any run, the road will likely involve going through Tampa, and they are night and day record wise at home versus the road. Not to mention, ownership would love those extra home gates.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

If the habs are going to make any run, the road will likely involve going through Tampa, and they are night and day record wise at home versus the road. Not to mention, ownership would love those extra home gates.

Well put. I totally agree with your sentiments.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto

I assume you mean Tampa's road record. So yes, that series could be
a home ice series. And it would make for a long break if Price sits.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I don't really like it to be honest. The leafs are going to play hard and them running price is certainly not out of the question. I'd like for Price to be well rested as well.

That being said, home ice can be a factor and I have no faith in Toker.

This is pretty unrealistic. Leafs fans are not the Leafs lol. What do they have to gain from running Price? They're not in the playoffs.

Last edited:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Rest Price.

Tokarski shouldn`t have any trouble handling the Leafs. If he can`t even do that, he can GTFO for all I care.

I'm not advocating the decision either way because I see upsides to both, but what makes people think Tokarski could honestly handle the Leafs? Sure the Leafs are bad, but so are most of the teams Tokarski gets to face. He hasn't shown that he can handle any of the other bottom feeding teams, and many times has played a poor game against these teams only to see the Habs forfeit a point or two.

Right now my confidence in Tokarski is to the point where I believe he wouldnt deliver a win against the Leafs.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
This is pretty realistic. Leafs fans are not the Leafs lol. What do they have to gain from running Price? They're not in the playoffs.

I'm more worried that Colton Orr, or some one else like that, will try
for a memorable hit. And not being good at it anymore, wind up injuring
one of our players.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
I'm more worried that Colton Orr, or some one else like that, will try
for a memorable hit. And not being good at it anymore, wind up injuring
one of our players.

That's basically the only worry I have, but I feel Colton Orr will probably try his best as a hockey PLAYER, and not as a goon. He's not going to play another game in the nhl (in my opinion), so I would be very surprised if he tried to end his career by running the goalie or injuring another player.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Don't worry folks, Peter Horachek said the last 7 games was our playoff series, and we are currently tied 3-3...

You know how we are in Game 7's... chances are you guys will beat us in some embarrassing way.

Good Luck Tomorrow Night!

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
That's basically the only worry I have, but I feel Colton Orr will probably try his best as a hockey PLAYER, and not as a goon. He's not going to play another game in the nhl (in my opinion), so I would be very surprised if he tried to end his career by running the goalie or injuring another player.

Exactly. Players do what they're told and play the role they're given. I doubt he gets a kick out of injuring Price. They're athletes, not monsters lol.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Exactly. Players do what they're told and play the role they're given. I doubt he gets a kick out of injuring Price. They're athletes, not monsters lol.

Orr's a class guy.He won't be out to injure anyone.Maybe a fight,and I even doubt that.unless it's one with Prust just for the fun of it.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I didn't mean this in a negative way towards Therrien. There are plenty other threads for that. It's more about the implications of the decision.

There is risk of course. But odds are absolutely nothing will come of it. The leafs have zero drive. They aren't going to start skating like mad and running our goalie. Hell, they won't even get enough o-zone time to get a crack at him anyways! ;)

I just feel like it's veeeerrry likely Carey had a say in this. And whatever Carey thinks is best, I'm down with it.

Apr 28, 2010
Orr is going to kill someone tomorrow.

Rest everybody except Pateryn, Beaulieu, DLR and just call up Hamilton Bulldogs..

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
Tampa is the best home team in the entire league, while playing barely .500 on the road.

Habs have to get home ice advantage against them. Tonight is a must win. Obviously you go in full roster.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tampa is the best home team in the entire league, while playing barely .500 on the road.

Habs have to get home ice advantage against them. Tonight is a must win. Obviously you go in full roster.

Regardless of reasoning, you never half ass it when you are a professional organization.

I thought resting Price made sense and Markov but outside that no.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I think we might see a different Leafs team tonight.. I can picture a guy like Orr just coming in and easing the tension in the room with a few jokes about how they've done without him haha.. What those guys bring to the room can't be determined on a scoresheet. It's their last game of the season, probably the last game of his career I could see them playing an actual team game today.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Orr is going to kill someone tomorrow.

Rest everybody except Pateryn, Beaulieu, DLR and just call up Hamilton Bulldogs..

Orr isn't going to do anything. It's his farewell game, he will play less than 10 minutes and aside from the end, where the fans get to thank him for all the water he carried for the leafs over the years.

It's the equivalent of the one day contract ( that many were clamoring for with former habs) except it's a call up rather than a trade.

You can dislike his style of play all you want, but his teammates love him, he's done precisely what the leafs asked and did it to the best of his abilities every day they asked. When the requests became few and far between he was a perfect example of what a good team hut should be.

It's not likely they can wait till next season they either recognize him tonight or they don't resign him and he goes quietly into that good night. It's not going to matter to the leafs, so I'm glad they are going something right.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's nice of the TML organization to thank Colton Orr for his time as a NHLer, all players that can be considered veteran NHLers should be accorded this type of sendoff, IMHO. It can't be great being in the spotlight and taking the constant derision of opposing fans & media for that length of time for anyone, IMHO.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad