Pre-Game Talk: TORONTO vs MONTREAL: Leafs called up Colton Orr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'm a little surprised, but there is home ice for the first two rounds at stake. The more potential home gates, the happier Molson is.

Of course, that all changes if price gets hurt.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
At first I was a little apprehensive about the idea, but the more I think of it the more I want to win the division and have home-ice advantage. I also think finishing first in the division gives us a better shot at avoiding Ottawa (who will probably finish third in the division)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Yay...
Price can handle it. The Leafs aren't going to run him despite their fanbase.
We need to find ways of protecting Price against all comers anyways.
Fla took liberties with him because he frustrated the Hell out of them All Year. :D
Looking at their one goal and overtime losses he wasn't the only one:sarcasm:
They were naturally snarky the day following exile from the PO's
We aren't likely to play until Wed Thurs? so fatigue will not be an issue.
I also think a good mindset comes from keeping TB below us in the standings.

GHG

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If he had to give him a break it would've been yesterday. I want Price in the zone come playoff time.

That's another way to look at it. Price has not been price recently, but is that because he is just not in the zone or is it because he has some physical discomfort?

If they are playing him through something, then I am dead opposed to this.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't "like" it and i don't "hate" it either.

Injury? Maybe we shouldn't play Price in the 1st game of the PO cause he might get hurt and not be there for the rest of the series where the games counts even more.....he could get an injury walking his dog. Pacioretty got injured by a stupid non-violent play....**** happens, can't avoid them.

2 games in 9 days for Price isn't a big load for Price and probably need them both to stay sharp.....pretty sure it's Price's called.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I don't know - home ice advantage if we face the Lightning would be a huge help.

There is some risk there but I think it might be worth it.

We lost 5 games to the lightning home and away did not matter. Not having Price would be an even bigger disadvantage. Sit him, and sit Subban and Markov.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't really like it to be honest. The leafs are going to play hard and them running price is certainly not out of the question. I'd like for Price to be well rested as well.

That being said, home ice can be a factor and I have no faith in Toker.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Play to win. I like it. I think it'd be good to go into the playoffs with another one under their belt.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I voted that I like it but only because there was no middle ground. I like it because I think when Price plays a lot he does a great job and I want him on the ball come playoff time. It worries me cause Toronto could easily cheap shot him and screw our chances up.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bad idea to start Price against the Leafs.

Also i hope Pateryn stays in the line-up instead of Gilbert. Thanks for the quality prospect you silly Leafs, much appreciated.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
He should rest. Habs clinched home ice for round 1 and these Habs are better when starting on the road as shown in the last 2 playoffs. (2-0 when starting on the road. 0-2 with home ice.)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If we played Monday I would've been 50/50, but having basically a week off in between starts and risking losing the 2nd spot is why I think it makes sense to start him.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I like it. We have a golden opportunity to finish 1st in the division.

Also we clinch second overall in the NHL with a win so home ice for the Stanley Cup finals.:naughty:

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Rest Price.

Tokarski shouldn`t have any trouble handling the Leafs. If he can`t even do that, he can GTFO for all I care.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Why not?

I don't get the people that sent tweets to rds saying Orr will run him over like wtf do people really think TO will try to injure our players?

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
If we make OT (we're ahead of Tampa in standings for sure by 1pt)...pull/rest Price and put Tokarski in for OT/shootout...no?

:sarcasm:
or
no :sarcasm:...?!

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm no Therrien fan but I think it's a little unfair to label this as "Therrien's decision." If Price was gased/injured and wanted a break, they would absolutely give him one. No doubt in my mind. I think he wants to play tomorrow and make sure he is 100% on his game for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad