Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The Stanley Cup playoffs board is now up!!! My favorite time of the year.:yo:

Also heard the first thunder, spring is here.:handclap:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Ottawa is playing in the afternoon Saturday. Habs can really chose what they want to do Saturday night to avoid meeting them.

That's why you bring the A and B team to Toronto.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Ah, okay. Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

no problem. and even if he were eligible, there is no need, Orr isnt going to do anything other than raise his stick as he leaves the ice ( for the last time) and announce his retirement from the dressing room.

Even though the anti-fighting chicken littles are deriding this move, I like it, its classy of the leafs who have nothing to gain or lose to give a guy who had a very hard role for the leafs and never *****ed a very short moment in the spotlight to end his career.

it might be like slapshot where he plays his last ( albeit not championship) game

"I wanna win that championship tonight, but I wanna win it clean.
Old-time hockey, like when I got started, you know?
Jeez. Toe Blake, Dit Clapper, Eddie Shore, those guys were the greats.
I don't know what to say. Christ, it's up to you."

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
no problem. and even if he were eligible, there is no need, Orr isnt going to do anything other than raise his stick as he leaves the ice ( for the last time) and announce his retirement from the dressing room.

Even though the anti-fighting chicken littles are deriding this move, I like it, its classy of the leafs who have nothing to gain or lose to give a guy who had a very hard role for the leafs and never *****ed a very short moment in the spotlight to end his career.

it might be like slapshot where he plays his last ( albeit not championship) game

"I wanna win that championship tonight, but I wanna win it clean.
Old-time hockey, like when I got started, you know?
Jeez. Toe Blake, Dit Clapper, Eddie Shore, those guys were the greats.
I don't know what to say. Christ, it's up to you."

Yeah, I agree. There's no reason to call up Finley even if he was available. They're not calling him up to goon the Habs. They're calling him up so he can play his last professional game in the NHL. Props to the Leafs.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Price in the net this saturday... he'll start but with a 3 goals lead he might be pull, depending on the other games as well... esp if the TB-BOS is played in the afternoon..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Price playing on Saturday is absolutely stupid. His work load has been insane.. not only games played, but shots faced.. give him a ****ing rest.

It's the Leafs.. Tokarski can handle it.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Price playing on Saturday is absolutely stupid. His work load has been insane.. not only games played, but shots faced.. give him a ****ing rest.

It's the Leafs.. Tokarski can handle it.

It's not a question of rest for me.
It's a question of risking a ****ing injury.

I dont care about first.. and I think Tokarski can handle the Leafs anyway..

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We should be able to handle the Leafs with a b team. In fact a b team will be more motivated. Guys like Plek and Markov don't care about the Leafs and at this point of their career i doubt they care much about the first position either.

If you give a chance to guys like Pateryn to impress in a last game they will want to take it.

Same for Eller if you give him the top EGG line for a game he will want to impress. Guys like Flynn and Mitchell and Malhotra and Gonchar will want to have a good game to play in the playoffs. Same for Weaver.

I really think we have as much chance to win with a b team than our a team.

Plek and Markov should definitely rest. Price should definitely not play to avoid an injury.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I wouldn't even play Subban.

Subban, Plekanec, Markov, Price and Pacioretty all out.

Well Subban has a chance for the Norris can't sit him this has the potential to create a problem.

In the case of Price the vezina is already won as for the Hart the last game wont change anything to his chances.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
what a ****ing idiot MT is. God I detest this guy.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If one of the vets gets hurt its on the coaching staff. This is a meaningless game against a team which has nothing to play for.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Meh, who cares. Sports fans take this 'resting players' garbage way too seriously. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. **** happens. Pacioretty got hurt in a meaningless game a few nights ago. Are we supposed to wrap our entire roster in bubblewrap as soon as we clinch the playoffs? Let them play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad