Confirmed Trade: [TOR/LAK] Kyle Clifford (@ 50%), Jack Campbell for Trevor Moore, 2020 and cond. 2021 3rd round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
You keep saying 4th line, I, and you can reread the quote, stated 3rd or 4th line.. And yes, 2% chance of a superstar. Now do this math.. Every team drafts 7 players every year(in theory as they may have traded picks). So 217 players drafted into the system, maybe a few undrafted sign into the system.. 220 players in, I don't think 220 retire from the NHL every year so most prospect won't really get much chance unless they can supersede an NHL player. I like the idea that shesty is a superstar but 5 games into his NHL career is premature although he looks great and I'm excited for him..

No. You placed an artificial ceiling of "mediocre 3rd/4th liner". If that truly was the ceiling, the draft likely wouldn't even go 3 rounds and noone would care about trading for 3rd round draft picks. Everyone understands the odds, but if that really is the ceiling it becomes pointless. However, that is not the ceiling because you can draft a: Ghostbear(2012), Parayko(2012), Murray(2012), Pesce(2013), Bjorkstrand(2013), Buchnevic(2013), Guentzel(2013), Duclair(2013), Point(2014), Cirelli(2015), Fox(2016), Batherson(2017), etc.

My point is that 3rd round picks are not capped out at replaceable forward.

Reactions: phillipmike

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
No. You placed an artificial ceiling of "mediocre 3rd/4th liner". If that truly was the ceiling, the draft likely wouldn't even go 3 rounds and noone would care about trading for 3rd round draft picks. Everyone understands the odds, but if that really is the ceiling it becomes pointless. However, that is not the ceiling because you can draft a: Ghostbear(2012), Parayko(2012), Murray(2012), Pesce(2013), Bjorkstrand(2013), Buchnevic(2013), Guentzel(2013), Duclair(2013), Point(2014), Cirelli(2015), Fox(2016), Batherson(2017), etc.

My point is that 3rd round picks are not capped out at replaceable forward.

30% chance of a bottom 6 forward(this is a stat that is well known)
5-10% chance of a 2nd liner(this is an educated guess at what the stat would be to appease you)
2% chance of a superstar(this is an educated guess at what the stat would be to appease you)

I hope this helps you understand that I wasn't stating they could never be more

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
30% chance of a bottom 6 forward(this is a stat that is well known)
5-10% chance of a 2nd liner(this is an educated guess at what the stat would be to appease you)
2% chance of a superstar(this is an educated guess at what the stat would be to appease you)

I hope this helps you understand that I wasn't stating they could never be more

I think that's fair. it looks a lot different than 30% chance at a replacement forward(which is what I take mediocre to mean).

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With the beard, he and Muzzin look like twins
I kinda hope he fights deslauries in the 3rd... building would go nuts

Or ritchie or manson

Honestly after gudbranson left game, i figured this game was over and been hopin for a fight lol

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I kinda hope he fights deslauries in the 3rd... building would go nuts

Or ritchie or manson

Honestly after gudbranson left game, i figured this game was over and been hopin for a fight lol
I just want a nice boring 3rd....after our last 2 games, i could live without the excitment...lol

Reactions: Getz2noone

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Meh, it's hockey...i have been a Leafs fan for decades, die hard....but ir's entertainment. The Leafs mising the playoffs will suck

The Leafs making the playoffs suck, too, you know. Watch them make the playoffs; Boston will pound them again.

No, we are a couple of points out with 25+ games left.

Doesn't matter. Even if they make the playoffs, they'll be pounded. All that money spent on Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and Tavares. You guys are losing way too much.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
The Leafs making the playoffs suck, too, you know. Watch them make the playoffs; Boston will pound them again.

Doesn't matter. Even if they make the playoffs, they'll be pounded. All that money spent on Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and Tavares. You guys are losing way too much.

LMAO a Cunucks fan shouldn't be chirping anyone. Still 1/3 of a season to play and the Cunucks are one two week losing streak away from missing the playoffs.
Just wait for Benning to have his hold my beer moment before the trade deadline.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Nonsense. You don't know that.

Reactions: egelband

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Apparently we aren't offering enough.
He def needs a wake up call... hes been shit as of late well after he returned from injury ... once gudbranson went out, I thought the game was over.... Lindholm cant play 55 mins a night(tho he had 29+ tonight).

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He def needs a wake up call... hes been **** as of late well after he returned from injury ... once gudbranson went out, I thought the game was over.... Lindholm cant play 55 mins a night(tho he had 29+ tonight).
Manson at his worst is still a big upgrade here...lol

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson at his worst is still a big upgrade here...lol
That's true you guys did just give up 4 goals to a team playing with 5 dmen on back end of b2b(3 in 4), and the worst offense in the league.

Offensively you guys have great offensive talent (I do think they could use a little more physicality/checking line type guys)

Defensively is kinda scary tho… I don't watch a lot of barrie but my lord is he garbage in his own end, they have puck movers... but if a team gets any sort of pressure on them they crumble... and teams like Columbus/boston/florida/islanders/washington will likely give that dcore some trouble in a 7 game series.

Itll be interesting to see what the leafs do. Didn't mean for that to sound soo aggressive, that was respective criticism btw.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
That's true you guys did just give up 4 goals to a team playing with 5 dmen on back end of b2b(3 in 4), and the worst offense in the league.

Offensively you guys have great offensive talent (I do think they could use a little more physicality/checking line type guys)

Defensively is kinda scary tho… I don't watch a lot of barrie but my lord is he garbage in his own end, they have puck movers... but if a team gets any sort of pressure on them they crumble... and teams like Columbus/boston/florida/islanders/washington will likely give that dcore some trouble in a 7 game series.

Itll be interesting to see what the leafs do. Didn't mean for that to sound soo aggressive, that was respective criticism btw.
Understatement. Should be "will definitely give that dcore lots of trouble in a 7 game series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad