Confirmed Trade: [TOR/LAK] Kyle Clifford (@ 50%), Jack Campbell for Trevor Moore, 2020 and cond. 2021 3rd round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
At 10% alcohol and 750ml, I hope that you're sharing it or have a vacuum pump to keep half for tomorrow.
We visit the Wife's family in Belgium once a year, i actually have a bunch shipped home. Also Duvall...Baptiste.. a bunch of different ones.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The last time I went to Belgium was in 1980.

I really liked the Luxembourg Province (not to be confused with the Grand Duchy).
I drive to Luxembourg every time i am there. Great little cafe on the way at the foot of the mountains that brew their own beer.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Cant the best player change over time though? For example Johansen and Drouin were the best players at the time of their trades. A few years later and Nashville and Montreal lost those trades.

And nearly every trade the Rangers have made disproves this.

Gomez was the best player when we traded him to Montreal, Gaborik was the best player when we traded him to CBJ, Brassard was the best player when we traded him to Ottawa, Stepan was the best player when we traded him to Arizona, MSL was the best player when we traded for him, Nash, Grabner and Hayes were the best players when we traded them to Boston, NJ and Winnipeg.

It sounds like TOR won the deal.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Campbell was fantastic tonight. Team hangs him out to dry in the 3rd, and in the post game interview he says he owes the team an apology??

What a gem. And no son, the team owes you one.

I'll reiterate that Campbell (and Clifford) bring more than talent to a locker room. They are genuinely good people who hold themselves accountable and who teammates love.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Do you see Campbell as a potential starter in the long run?

To be honest, I wouldn't expect it. He's already 28, which is a late age to develop into a starter. Unfortunately, I think he spent many years getting caught in his own head, and it took the relationship/tutelage of Dusty Imoo (now the goalie coach for Kunlun Red Star in the KHL) to help bring him back into the proper mindset.

I just don't think he will develop much further to have the savvy to be a reliable starter.

He's just better as a backup than a starter. And that's not a knock on him. I would love to have him back on the Kings (I am a big fan of Quick, but was hoping the Kings would have dealt him instead).

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
To be honest, I wouldn't expect it. He's already 28, which is a late age to develop into a starter. Unfortunately, I think he spent many years getting caught in his own head, and it took the relationship/tutelage of Dusty Imoo (now the goalie coach for Kunlun Red Star in the KHL) to help bring him back into the proper mindset.

I just don't think he will develop much further to have the savvy to be a reliable starter.

He's just better as a backup than a starter. And that's not a knock on him. I would love to have him back on the Kings (I am a big fan of Quick, but was hoping the Kings would have dealt him instead).

I see. I hope he fares better than Sparks or Reimer did in the past. Also, if Quick weren't old, I think teams would be interested in him.
Who's Dusty?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Campbell was fantastic tonight. Team hangs him out to dry in the 3rd, and in the post game interview he says he owes the team an apology??

What a gem. And no son, the team owes you one.

I was watching UFC 247 he said that? he's wrong they owe him beer, ALL the beer.

They should buy him dinner as in every single person on that team should buy him dinner so 20+ dinners and that includes Keefe because a to many men penalty is on the coach he puts them out there.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I see. I hope he fares better than Sparks or Reimer did in the past. Also, if Quick weren't old, I think teams would be interested in him.
Who's Dusty?

I agree. I think there are some (understandable) strikes against Quick. Still, with him and Petersen, hopefully it will be stabilize the goaltending.

Dusty Imoo was the Kings goalie consultant up until this year (I believe?). He then took an opportunity to coach in the KHL. While Bill Ranford is the Kings goalie coach, Imoo was basically the consultant who helped develop the goalies in the pipeline. He was often considered a goalie whisperer, who had a major impact on many of the Kings goalies doing well and maintaining focus.

I can't find the specific articles, but he was the biggest influence on Campbell's revived career. When Campbell was an AHL all-star, he wore #70, which was the number Imoo wore when he played as goalie - he wanted to give him tribute and thanks.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I agree. I think there are some (understandable) strikes against Quick. Still, with him and Petersen, hopefully it will be stabilize the goaltending.

Dusty Imoo was the Kings goalie consultant up until this year (I believe?). He then took an opportunity to coach in the KHL. While Bill Ranford is the Kings goalie coach, Imoo was basically the consultant who helped develop the goalies in the pipeline. He was often considered a goalie whisperer, who had a major impact on many of the Kings goalies doing well and maintaining focus.

I can't find the specific articles, but he was the biggest influence on Campbell's revived career. When Campbell was an AHL all-star, he wore #70, which was the number Imoo wore when he played as goalie - he wanted to give him tribute and thanks.

I see. It's nice he has a goalie consultant to whom he can look up. When I was pretty young, Dan Cloutier, who is now the goaltending consultant of the Vancouver Canucks, was my idol, and I wore #39 playing in goal for my peewee team.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I was watching UFC 247 he said that? he's wrong they owe him beer, ALL the beer.

They should buy him dinner as in every single person on that team should buy him dinner so 20+ dinners and that includes Keefe because a to many men penalty is on the coach he puts them out there.
Agreed...we know about their 3rd period issues lately, but last night's was pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad