Confirmed Trade: [TOR/LAK] Kyle Clifford (@ 50%), Jack Campbell for Trevor Moore, 2020 and cond. 2021 3rd round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ya I think his expectations are higher due to the 37 pont seasons(which was really more of an outlier) … and hes trying to replicate that.

He just needs to simplify his game again... play physical, smart and within your lane.

Funny you say that, we've been trying to do the same with Justin Holl.

Ever since he signed that contract a month back...he's been trying to act like Drew Doughty with all the puck handling and stick moves. Just play the safe game you moron

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
We need more tbh. Clifford and Muzzin are a start. Kapanen looked more physical too after seeing CLifford do his thing last night

Whether it's a TOp 4 D-man or a back-end D-man...I hope whoever we acquire has grit/physicality to their game.

A top 9 Powerforward type of player would go along way too. Marcus Foligno for example would be great
Ducks fan just suggested Ritchie...don't hate that either.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ever since his contract negotiation taking long, and BM having a history of not keeping players like that... ive had a feeling hed end up in Toronto.

All in all....Ducks have a lot of pieces that make a lot of sense for the Leafs.

Manson, Ritchie, Grant, Ryan Miller (before the Campbell trade)...and maybe even Gubrandson to a certain extent if the Manson price is too high.

I would assume the Leafs have players the Ducks would like too. So, here's hoping something gets done.

Reactions: Getz2noone

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020

Would Bracco and a 5th/6th work? This is a straight up Q and not my beliefs of a even trade for all the crazies out there.. Im simply asking the cost of Ritchie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would Bracco and a 5th/6th work? This is a straight up Q and not my beliefs of a even trade for all the crazies out there.. Im simply asking the cost of Ritchie

The hard part of moving Ritchie is he is cost control, brings a phyiscal/edgieness to his game, and still has more offensive potential.

So far in his career hes been a physical 30 point guy... he had a season where he paced at 40 point.

Obviously the market has a lot of influence in a Ritchie move.... not even sure how many teams will be looking for a player like him. idk what a a realistic deal for Ritchie would be, personally I don't have much desire for bracco. And id hope the ducks were at least aiming at a 2nd round pick, or 3rd + prospect.... with another year on his contract and still cost controlled... if we don't get reasonable value on him we can hold on and see if he cant put together a solid season next year.

That is 1 of the luxuries for us right now, is most of our desirable assets are signed multiple years, so we can hold off trading them if we don't get a value we deem good enough.

Guys like Grant/Deslauries/MDZ/Holzer/Miller will most likely be moved as potential bargins... but anyone not expiring will be held unless the price comes to our court.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
The hard part of moving Ritchie is he is cost control, brings a phyiscal/edgieness to his game, and still has more offensive potential.

So far in his career hes been a physical 30 point guy... he had a season where he paced at 40 point.

Obviously the market has a lot of influence in a Ritchie move.... not even sure how many teams will be looking for a player like him. idk what a a realistic deal for Ritchie would be, personally I don't have much desire for bracco. And id hope the ducks were at least aiming at a 2nd round pick, or 3rd + prospect.

Ya, I know he is a solid physical presence but wasnt't familiar with his skill/potential. I wonder if there is a deal there to move Ritchie and either Manson/Gudb to the leafs for a package of picks/prospects. that might fill them out nicely for a playoff grind.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
A former Leaf executive used to say: "The team that ends up with the best player always wins the trade".

So I'd like to ask you:

Who wins the trade? Who is the best player in the deal?

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I do like the kings fans saying "hes not an awful fighter, he just doesn't use defense"

wouldn't that be a sign of an awful fighter? lol
Than you have a reading problem (past vs. present) and I would also say NO.

If you go all in and win fair and square, does that make you a poor fighter ? No but you also take the risk to loose badly so now and than.

Was Mike Tyson a poor fighter because he couldnt handle more than three rounds ? No.

Was George Foreman still a great fighter when he won the belt again at age 45 ? I think not.

I see nothing to “lol” about. Just common sense.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Than you have a reading problem.

Besides, if you go all in and win fair and square, does that make you a poor fighter ?

Was Mike Tyson a poor fighter because he couldnt handle more than three rounds ?

I see nothing to “lol” about.
Lol

Clifford isnt the mike tyson of the nhl

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
A former Leaf executive used to say: "The team that ends up with the best player always wins the trade".

So I'd like to ask you:

Who wins the trade? Who is the best player in the deal?

Cant the best player change over time though? For example Johansen and Drouin were the best players at the time of their trades. A few years later and Nashville and Montreal lost those trades.

And nearly every trade the Rangers have made disproves this.

Gomez was the best player when we traded him to Montreal, Gaborik was the best player when we traded him to CBJ, Brassard was the best player when we traded him to Ottawa, Stepan was the best player when we traded him to Arizona, MSL was the best player when we traded for him, Nash, Grabner and Hayes were the best players when we traded them to Boston, NJ and Winnipeg.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No? Colton Orr, for example, didn't know the meaning of the word defence in a fight.
Statistically i assume people that dont fight with defense in mind generally lose a decent amount of fights.

Orr could be an outlier, clifford isnt tho

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Statistically i assume people that dont fight with defense in mind generally lose a decent amount of fights.

Orr could be an outlier, clifford isnt tho

Clifford used to tune a load fighters up when he first came into the league by just throwing, after he got tagged by Reaves he became more defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->