Confirmed Trade: [TOR/LAK] Kyle Clifford (@ 50%), Jack Campbell for Trevor Moore, 2020 and cond. 2021 3rd round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Understatement. Should be "will definitely give that dcore lots of trouble in a 7 game series"
That's fair... im reserving full judgement until i see if you guys add some pieces at the deadline.

But id like to see the leafs grab a top 4 RHD(that can play defense) ,
a 7th dmen(vetern), like a holzer/MDZ type that can jump in if the young d are struggling, or injuries

move ceci/dermott imo, sandin is ready for every day duty(granted idk how long rielly is out, so you may need to hold on to dermott till draft)

Add some pk/physical type forward.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Not the best debut but he won let's not let Campbell handle the puck.

I REALLY liked Clifford tonight.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not the best debut but he won let's not let Campbell handle the puck.

I REALLY liked Clifford tonight.
I feel like the campbell mishandle was more or less him not being used to the Toronto defense... more of a misunderstanding/miscommunication.

Clifford is a solid punching bag that can score a bit.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Clifford is one of the most beloved teammates any one can ask for. He gives it his all on each shift. He may not put up the points you'd expect from any bottom 6 fwd, but he his value spans beyond on-ice statistics.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
He kind of DOES put up the points you would expect of a bottom 6 guy, if you have correct expectations. 20ish points and isn’t a liability.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He kind of DOES put up the points you would expect of a bottom 6 guy, if you have correct expectations. 20ish points and isn’t a liability.

Other than taking dumb penalties now again and although he's more than willing to drop the gloves for his teammates, he is a poor fighter overall. He provides excellent energy and is an amazing teammate and locker room presence. He will live up to bottom 6 expectations.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Clifford is not a poor fighter. He took a couple of beatings because he fought with no defense and decided to fight a few out of his league.

He is just not reckless anymore. He shouldnt be with three concussions under his belt.

Absolutely not a poor fighter.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Other than taking dumb penalties now again and although he's more than willing to drop the gloves for his teammates, he is a poor fighter overall. He provides excellent energy and is an amazing teammate and locker room presence. He will live up to bottom 6 expectations.

Clifford's an awful fighter since his concussions so it's understandable

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Clifford is not a poor fighter. He took a couple of beatings because he fought with no defense and decided to fight a few out of his league.

He is just not reckless anymore. He shouldnt be with three concussions under his belt.

Absolutely not a poor fighter.
People seem to forget Clifford was fighting guys like Parros, Eager, Rosehill as a teenager.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Clifford's an awful fighter since his concussions so it's understandable

A lot of his concussion history is from getting his face pushed in because he is an awful fighter :P Any fighting in his future will only exacerbate his concussion symptoms.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I do like the kings fans saying "hes not an awful fighter, he just doesn't use defense"

wouldn't that be a sign of an awful fighter? lol

Hes not the worst fighter, and his fights are usuaslly exciting from a fan perspective... but from a technical standpoint not fighting defensively is fighting badly.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
They managed 2 points against a non eastern team . That's a plus. Campbell wansnt bad. Clifford either. Neither was spectacular. Mattews best player on ice. Tavares needed a rebound game and got it. Defence needs some holes filled. By far the worst game Holl has played this year. Just terrible

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They managed 2 points against a non eastern team . That's a plus. Campbell wansnt bad. Clifford either. Neither was spectacular. Mattews best player on ice. Tavares needed a rebound game and got it. Defence needs some holes filled. By far the worst game Holl has played this year. Just terrible
I was shocked they had Holl out there in OT... granted the ducks seemed to not want anything to do with the puck.

And my god is barrie a hot mess in his own end.

Sandin looked good
Muzzin was solid, he likely gets excited for ducks games still

Liljegren looked like a young player, playing his first few games.... not bad, not good.
Dermott i thought looked pretty average at best.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Fighting... hahaha I don't think this is why the leafs wanted him smh

with only 11 mins per game he sits in the top 85 in the league with hits... but if you guys want to waste your breathe arguing how his fighting abilities was the pivotal point in this transaction so be it

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I was shocked they had Holl out there in OT... granted the ducks seemed to not want anything to do with the puck.

And my god is barrie a hot mess in his own end.

Sandin looked good
Muzzin was solid, he likely gets excited for ducks games still

Liljegren looked like a young player, playing his first few games.... not bad, not good.
Dermott i thought looked pretty average at best.

Manson looked pretty terrible too.

How much is it due to the injury he came back from?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson looked pretty terrible too.

How much is it due to the injury he came back from?
I really don't know tbh... he def has looked worse since returning from injury... his skating seems really bad(which would make sense given the injury)… maybe part of it is the team overall just isn't good and hes mentally checked out.... but idk. The org loves him so he gets a much bigger leash than guys like vatanen/Montour etc.

He had a season where he put up points, and now he trys to do too much, he thinks hes bobby orr.
He really is never going to be a offensvie guy, more or less a strong defensive guy/penalty killer, any points he puts up is a +... but he should make sure he focuses on dzone/penalty kill. And brings a physical aspect, while being able to eat up mins.

But as you saw yesterday he was leaving Fowler out to dry left and right, certainly didn't help gudbranson left game early... so we were playing with 5 dmen the rest of the game.

I feel bad for Lindholm(and fowler to a lesser extent)… Lindholm is a beast, but not much to work with with this team.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I really don't know tbh... he def has looked worse since returning from injury... his skating seems really bad(which would make sense given the injury)… maybe part of it is the team overall just isn't good and hes mentally checked out.... but idk. The org loves him so he gets a much bigger leash than guys like vatanen/Montour etc.

He had a season where he put up points, and now he trys to do too much, he thinks hes bobby orr.
He really is never going to be a offensvie guy, more or less a strong defensive guy/penalty killer, any points he puts up is a +... but he should make sure he focuses on dzone/penalty kill. And brings a physical aspect, while being able to eat up mins.

But as you saw yesterday he was leaving Fowler out to dry left and right, certainly didn't help gudbranson left game early... so we were playing with 5 dmen the rest of the game.

I feel bad for Lindholm(and fowler to a lesser extent)… Lindholm is a beast, but not much to work with with this team.

Yeah he still doesnt look like he's fully recovered from that injury but he also looks like he's trying to do to much. Also doesnt help he's playing on a bottom 5 teams right now, which will always skew stats for good players.

Still think he's a beast once fully healthy though

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Fighting... hahaha I don't think this is why the leafs wanted him smh

with only 11 mins per game he sits in the top 85 in the league with hits... but if you guys want to waste your breathe arguing how his fighting abilities was the pivotal point in this transaction so be it
I don't care if he fights...i'm just glad we have 2 guys that can lay a hit now....and they both came from LA...thanks Kings!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah he still doesnt look like he's fully recovered from that injury but he also looks like he's trying to do to much. Also doesnt help he's playing on a bottom 5 teams right now, which will always skew stats for good players.

Still think he's a beast once fully healthy though
Ya I think his expectations are higher due to the 37 pont seasons(which was really more of an outlier) … and hes trying to replicate that.

He just needs to simplify his game again... play physical, smart and within your lane.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't care if he fights...i'm just glad we have 2 guys that can lay a hit now....and they both came from LA...thanks Kings!
I still think the leafs move kap/aj /Kerfoot+ for a dmen at some point, then make a move for Ritchie to replace which ever piece they lose.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

We need more tbh. Clifford and Muzzin are a start. Kapanen looked more physical too after seeing CLifford do his thing last night

Whether it's a TOp 4 D-man or a back-end D-man...I hope whoever we acquire has grit/physicality to their game.

A top 9 Powerforward type of player would go along way too. Marcus Foligno for example would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino