Reactions: Hockeyfrilla
Sep 19, 2008
they had a 5 minute preview before Multiverse of Madness it whelmed me

safe to say I have no interest in seeing this film

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
they had a 5 minute preview before Multiverse of Madness it whelmed me

safe to say I have no interest in seeing this film

It seems a little strange that they would attach it to that because it's probably safe to say that the target audience for this doesn't have much interest in multiverses. I guess that they just wanted the most eyeballs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It seems a little strange that they would attach it to that because it's probably safe to say that the target audience for this doesn't have much interest in multiverses. I guess that they just wanted the most eyeballs.
It wasn't at my screening in Finland. It depends on the theater.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ok, so we are hyped already for Top Gun 3... But hurry, Cruise is almost 60 years old.

Btw. How old should he be in Top Gun 2? According to script.
Keep in mind that this filmed was supposed to be released A couple of years ago. So he was closer to around 55 when he filmed it. Figure they could make him up to 5 years or so younger for the character. So he’d be 50. Pushing near the end of being physically capable of flying at such high speeds. And that Goose son is a pilot so it’s got to be around 25 odd years between the first to this one.

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Just saw it, great movie!

Maybe could be trimmed down on the exposition/reminiscing/explanation stuff and get to the action sooner, but once it does, oh baby!
AAAABankLQgUsC6jp6LiGDitPd0FmVpRlBP6ajCVn7kKCHCr-Xad59guK7O0Oiu69x25XUGc0aawL-YKFvCQ84kf1vVtVaNwITBrC22p.jpg

Last edited:

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Yeah I'm kind of surprised there's not more talk here on this one given that it's sounding like the movie of the year.

Maybe it's too rah rah USA for non Americans?
If that's the impression some people have, it's a shame. This one is really very neutral in terms of any country/politics stuff.

Heck, they don't even mention what country the enemy is, lol.

Reactions: HanSolo

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I liked it, cheesy fun action movie, can't really go wrong with a Tom Cruise action film. For anyone wondering how Val Kilmer is in it with no voice box,

they introduce him again by saying he has cancer and it's too painful for him to talk, 90% of his talking is on a computer, the whole appearance is maybe just 3 minutes, a cameo.

Reactions: SPV and Bowski

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's not going to win an oscar for best picture, but that's not the point of Top Gun 2. The fact that the F-18 scenes are real, not CGI is what is going to get movie goers into the theatres to watch it. Experience the sounds of it.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Saw it last night. Hit all of the buttons. Just phenomenal entertainment. Can't really say anything negative actually. Perfect follow up to one of my faves.
Top Gun:Maverick exceeded my expectations for a legacy sequel movie. Just about everything was perfect (plot, characters, callbacks/fan servicing, action sequences). I only have two minor quibbles about the movie:
1) either the romance between Maverick and Penny should have been better developed or just ditched. (In my opinion, the movie didn’t need the romance subplot). But since they did include it, at least Penny was someone who was sort of, kinda in the first film when Goose calls her by name as the “Admiral’s daughter” Maverick flirted with.
2) One instance of nostalgia they could have swapped was removing Rooster singing Great Balls of Fire and instead having Viper at Iceman’s funeral. I just didn’t buy that Rooster would play the song just when Maverick happens to be nearby to hear it. Whereas I could see Viper attending Iceman’s funeral.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
wow amazing movie. best film of the year 2022 IMO. nostalgic tom cruise never ages. and hes only 59. the soundtrack the acton scenes were top notch wow. made me jump out of my seats a few times, its a must watch to fans of the movie and tom cruise. amazing cast really. emotional film.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
Reactions: SPV

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
My son and I went and saw it in theater yesterday. Very enjoyable movie - the flight scenes are absolutely amazing. The work that went into the practical/stunt side of this movie is astounding.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It hit all the right buttons for me. The romance subplot is definitely a weak point, but it's bearable and brief. This movie should win some Oscars even if it's just technical awards. The cinematography is so good and all that work they put in to get those practical shots is really impressive. The sound of the jets is everything you could want. Saw it in IMAX and I need to see it again.

Reactions: Puckstop40

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
As good of a nostalgia sequel as you can make. Hit the right beats, had subtle callbacks, a good story line that's not a full rehash and brought in new characters naturally.

maybe it would be too on the nose, but I expected her to play 'Loving Feeling' in the bar at the end

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00