Around the league part 2

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008

What are the odds Bluc is around to kick them tires?

Biz was so sour, was really awkward when he was in Henrik's face 😆

But man, $11 million going to one player (a winger no less) is crippling. Matthew's has been an absolute stud and deserves no flak, a shame he got sick. Marner's contract makes our equally bad PLD deal sting a little less.

I'd rather the Kings go after Stephenson or Marchessault if they walk from VGK, both ex-cup winners and playoff performers.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Because he is seen as Luc's boy, but so is Blake. I wouldn't expect to see a situation where Robitaille survives and Blake is fired.

I do think Bergeron is a bit of a boogie man on this board though, people sometimes forget that when the fateful decision to end the rebuild happened, that Bergeron was still the GM of the Canadiens.

Reactions: BigBrown

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Because he is seen as Luc's boy, but so is Blake. I wouldn't expect to see a situation where Robitaille survives and Blake is fired.

I do think Bergeron is a bit of a boogie man on this board though, people sometimes forget that when the fateful decision to end the rebuild happened, that Bergeron was still the GM of the Canadiens.
Is the end of the rebuild up for debate? I understand why many fans would point to the Arvy and Danault acquisitions as the end. Were they really expected to make the playoffs in Arvy and Danault's first season? The team, Moore and Kempe certainly exceeded expectations and Arvy and Danault clearly made the Kings better. I remember all of it being a pleasant surprise and probably the top of the mountain for Blake's tenure. Oh well.

I also think you could point to the Fiala/Faber trade as the end, since it was a prospect for immediate help type of trade, or the opposite of a typical rebuild trade. Bergevin was here for that one.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
hope you guys are ready for PLD Byfield Clarke and two firsts for Matthews so we can run it back with the retirement home

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I haven't heard anyone complain about Bergevin because of a fear he influenced the end of the rebuild.

Most don't like Bergevin because his drafting is spotty and minus an arguable fluke run in a COVID-influenced postseason with a different format, his rebuilds have led to jack. And he drafted Mailloux, disregarding not only the very gross (and illegal) behavior, but also Moailloux's request NOT to be drafted so he can address said actions.

He has little emotional intelligence and even his purely hockey-related moves haven't brought a solid playoff caliber core to his previous team. What is there to like about him?

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
What is wrong with Buffalo that they cant get their shit together?
Middelstadt looks like a ton has been lifted off his shoulders and is playing up to his pre draft potential.
Besides Middelstadt you have Eichel, Reinhart,Hall, OReilly, Montour, Ullmark, Kane, Johansson, Rodriguez. Lots of good skill players and contributing depth players have been in their system so it is not a personnel issue.

Reactions: johnjm22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm rooting for the Jets, but they're clearly outmatched by Colorado.

It looks like both the Avs and Knights were sleep walking through the regular season.

Any one of Colorado, Dallas, Vegas or Edmonton can win the conference IMO.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Wait, so all the health shooting and save percentage luck the canucks were riding all season isn't holding?

Wow, if only we could have forseen this somehow in a 3000+ post thread where everyone but nucks fans agreed!

mumbles something about PDO and predictive values quietly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad