Feb 16, 2019
For tony D trade you need team
meh pp
salary cap room
only 2 d worth keeping in ED.

Buffalo has 4 ed d-men bad choice
Florida has Yandle for pp dreadful fit
Chicago/Oilers d's are dreadful fit.

The one case I could see is Devils trade VAN 1 for Tony D. Devils can pair Butcher with Tony D, Devils have space, devils have picks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
meh pp
salary cap room

The one case I could see is Devils trade VAN 1 for Tony D. Devils can pair Butcher with Tony D, Devils have space, devils have picks.

Devs a fit but not likely.
agree Chi/Oil not a fit.

Disagree Buf has 4 ed man they should be keeping, can't expose. Also, is Dahlin exempt?
Either way, they are better off moving Risto, Montour and upgrading than languishing, if the price were reasonable.

Disagree on FL. Yandle not a long term solution and not upgrading, staying with old wheels is not an answer.

I have a creative plan on Dea to FL but give me til Tues-ish.

best to you on bal of w'e

Reactions: Flyer lurker

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Doubt there would be much interest if Barrie is a similar player available as a UFA. DeAngelo was the worst player against CAR. It seemed like they were targeting his terrible coverages.
And the fact he was playing injured and alongside the worst dman in the universe has no impact on that I’m sure

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
And the fact he was playing injured and alongside the worst dman in the universe has no impact on that I’m sure

Worst DMan still outplayed DeAngelo. Injured? Still played heavy minutes, which likely meant it wasn't serious, othewise, it would jeopardize the entire season for the players. He's vastly over-rated.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Devs a fit but not likely.
agree Chi/Oil not a fit.

Disagree Buf has 4 ed man they should be keeping, can't expose. Also, is Dahlin exempt?
Either way, they are better off moving Risto, Montour and upgrading than languishing, if the price were reasonable.

Disagree on FL. Yandle not a long term solution and not upgrading, staying with old wheels is not an answer.

I have a creative plan on Dea to FL but give me til Tues-ish.

best to you on bal of w'e

Its probably gonna take you til Tuesday to type it all out.:DD

Reactions: Barnaby

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Dermott, SDA and 2021 1st
(or 2022, i guess, 1st if TML win 1OA, retain 2020, and 2021 goes to Canes)
('21/'22 1st would likely be late, Leafs will be better next year(s), and ADA would help that...)
Leafs fans here say ADA is no better than Reilly,
but they need help on right-side, and ADA surely would complement their big 4 and other offensive skill guys...
they might need some Cap balancing, not addressing that here ...
If it hasn't worked with Barrie, why would it work AD?

Evergreen

You vastly underrate Deangelo's defensive ability.
I never said he was an elite defender, he is not.
But he is a good skater, smooth stick handler. He doesn't McAvoy freight train opponents into submission, but he does fine enough, and every minute his offensive skills keep the puck out of the Rangers' zone in the other teams zone, that effectively helps.
Yes, at some point he does have to defend in Rangers zone, but I don't think he is a liability there, like Smith or Staal.

Because they are both great skaters and emerging talents, righty Deangelo would complement lefty Dahlin, the much better player.
He takes some of the stupidest penalties at the worst times too, though.

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I would assume Gorton will want to sign TDA to a 4 year, 18 to 20 million contract without a NTC or NMC. That would then give DeAngelo another year to mature and leave them open to decide if they keep him or move him. He was obviously playing pretty hurt vs. Carolina. Probably should have sat out. The key to his contract is no NMC or NTC clauses. That is a must.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Every rangers fan I know personally is 100% ready to move on from deangelo. They complain he can’t play defense. 3 playoff games, -6 and was completely posterized by Aho in the last game. Add in that he needs a new contract, I just don’t think he is worth as much as some people might think

I'm sure. Are these Ranger fans also imaginary or do they not follow the team?

Everyone that follows the team knows DeAngelo had a significant hamstring injury during the playoffs. But yes, lets judge his value on three meaningless games after four months off and not the whole season he played.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Are the Ranger d coaches that bad?

They are, but I'm not sure I agree so much with your characterization.

These players haven't all actually gotten better. First of all, Graves was misevaluated by the team. They simply whiffed on evaluating his game. He was the best player on our AHL team, and they were bringing up AHL plugs to play instead of him. It was clear at the time they got that one wrong.

As for Pionk, I think this is a great example of where the characterization is wrong. Pionk was pretty good and was playing 1D minutes. He scored a lot of points, played all situations, and showed a lot of talent. But he had brutal advanced stats because he was thrust into a 1D role right away against the best players in the league playing for a terrible possession team. Hence, terrible advanced stats. He gets traded to a team with better advanced stats, a team where he isn't asked to play the same type of role, and his metrics look better. His play probably wasn't actually any better.

Trouba, it's almost the exact opposite. Trouba's points totals were inflated by playing on a great PP that he didn't play on with the Rangers. With the Rangers, he was tasked with taking most of the tough matchups for most of the season. Winnipeg also had better metrics, so his metrics looked better on Winnipeg.

Skjei getting better with Carolina is also questionable. I highly doubt he's gotten better. He's not that talented. Great size and skating. Defended pretty well until the last year or two when his hockey sense was gone. Maybe he did a little better in the Carolina system away from Lindy Ruff, but Skjei is not magic beans. At best, he's an okay mid-pair defensemen. He had warn out his welcome with the Rangers a long time ago.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
meh pp
salary cap room

Oilers are actually a great fit. Our pp is good but our d on our pp are poor.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He had a hamstring injury. Try skating hard and pushing off with a bad hamstring.

Staal also didn't outplay DeAngelo. The first goal in game 3 was entirely Staal's fault. He broke his stick, and then caused a long offensive zone shift for Carolina because of it. He was almost entirely at fault for another few goals in the series, as well. At worst, DeAngelo was as bad as Staal. There's no way you could say Staal outplayed anyone in that series. DeAngelo did all of this with a pretty bad injury.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
He put up a ton of points but he isn't actually that good. He will be overpaid on his next contract and is a PR nightmare of a human being. Smart teams would stay away.

I know there will be people on here trying to sell high but he seems like the ultimate buy low candidate

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He put up a ton of points but he isn't actually that good. He will be overpaid on his next contract and is a PR nightmare of a human being. Smart teams would stay away.

I know there will be people on here trying to sell high but he seems like the ultimate buy low candidate
Well here’s the funny thing — most Rangers fans do not want to trade DeAngelo.

Imagine that? A critical fanbase who, despite some of ADA’s warts and growing pains we had to endure, love DeAngelo’s Game and want to keep him.

Reactions: slg1963 and bl02

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Do you know DeAngelo? What makes you say he’s a PR nightmare of a human being?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Oilers are actually a great fit. Our pp is good but our d on our pp are poor.
To add Tony D toy you must pair on 2nd/3rd line( want him no where near the ice against other teams first line) and have enough depth to have a very good stay at home d to pair with tony.That is not edm.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The thing you have to remember about DeAngelo [MOD]is terrible in his own end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lundqvist 30 NY

Feb 8, 2012
NY
If the Flames are still open to moving Monahan then maybe something with Monahan/DeAngelo. Don't know much about the CGY situation but Hamonic wants to remain close to his family in WPG and they have room. Idk if they plan on resigning Brodie?

Giordano/Andersson
Valimaki/DeAngelo
Hanifin/?

The S5

Jul 27, 2017

So happy to have such morally superior human beings posting here on HF. Of course, none of us have never done anything regretful in our lives and if we had, we certainly wouldn't expect to get a chance at redemption.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Something around Gaudette/Virtanen+Stetcher+pick?
No way, even Boeser doesn’t have the value of DeAngelo. The only players I’d move DeAngelo for on the Canucks roster are Pettersson or Hughes which obviously isn’t happening :laugh:
I am interested in Virtanen though. What would you say it would take for the Rangers to land Virtanen? I heard some people in Vancouver media say he’s only worth a 5th round pick which sounds ridiculous to me. I think Andersson might be a good option for Vancouver as he’s friends with Pete

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

What's this about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad