This team needs a shakeup

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Too many passengers on this team

Yes and not nearly enough snarl, especially on defense. If Spezza isn't carrying the team offensively he's a detriment because he's so soft and easy to play against. Outside of Neal the Sens are soft.

I could see a shake up trade with the Flyers. Something like.....

Michalek
Weircioch

for

Hartnell
Grossmann

JustinYS

Oct 21, 2010
Don't know how we'll shake things up. We barely have anyone of value that is expendable.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Yes and not nearly enough snarl, especially on defense. If Spezza isn't carrying the team offensively he's a detriment because he's so soft and easy to play against. Outside of Neal the Sens are soft.

Michalek
Weircioch

for

Hartnell
Grossmann

Still hesitant to move young players this early in the season especially since we don't have our first rounder this year.

WhiteLight*

Greening, Neil, Anderson and someone from the defense need to go.

Is Cowen waiver exempt? Send him packing to Bingo for a while.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Its a couple of players all over the lineup and the run n gun style we are now adapting.

WhiteLight*

Trade Neil.

It'll send shockwaves through the room to see a longstanding vet gone.
It will eliminate one of our biggest weaknesses, bad penalties night after night.
It will send a message that **** just got real and that no one is safe.

From the other thread. But yeah, this. This so much.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa

Michalek
Weircioch

for

Hartnell
Grossmann

I would do this faster than you can say Trade...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cowen... dude has been lost out there for weeks..

i was trying to propose a trade around cowen for edmonton's first before draft day. i don't think people liked it too much. (the idea was to try to get nurse or morin)

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I wonder what Edmonton would give us for a package around cowen and Anderson. I bet we could get a top young forward and another pick/prospect.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"MandyAlwaysKnows":

As per Cap Geek;
"Jared Cowen is exempt from waivers."

Jared Cowen is on a 1 way deal, I doubt Ottawa would send him down to Binghamton and pay him $1.5M.....

IF he has been terrible then perhaps Coach Luke could help to get him going and being sent down could light a fire under his rear......

I always thought he would play more of a physical game, but that has Not happened with Jared...................

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cowen's problem is that he never learned how to handle the puck. The confidence issue is affecting his positioning. Handling the puck is his inherit problem.

handling the puck and decision making. (been saying this for years)
Fortunately/unfortunately ceci only deals with one (decision)

can't have this many indecisive guys in our dsquad. needs to be addressed

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
"MandyAlwaysKnows":

As per Cap Geek;
"Jared Cowen is exempt from waivers."

Jared Cowen is on a 1 way deal, I doubt Ottawa would send him down to Binghamton and pay him $1.5M.....

IF he has been terrible then perhaps Coach Luke could help to get him going and being sent down could light a fire under his rear......

I always thought he would play more of a physical game, but that has Not happened with Jared...................

He's still learning. He tried to go for big hits during his first season, but as many rookie defenders do, he forgot about positioning in the process and got burned badly and frequently. Right now, he's trying to improve that positional play, and it's coming at the expense of physicality. It's a necessary, temporary tradeoff so that, in the long run, he can be physically dominant without taking himself out of position in the process.

Gotta remember that this is essentially his second season as a pro, coming off an injury that wiped out an already short NHL season. He looks really rough, but by the end of the year he could be in form, with improved positioning and reasserting his physical game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cowen is turning into our Schenn. Decent rookie year and all down-hill after that. Hope he turns it around.

Michalek - Spezza - Zibanejad
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Smith - Condra
Conacher - Pageau - Neil

Shake it up.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Yes, no and NO.

Cowen is not waiver exempt. Bingo will not help him. He should be in the NHL and he obviously is struggling with the weight of expectations of holding out and sucking. He is who we think he is, and he will improve.

12 games in, let's step away from the ledge...although this is frustrating to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad