This team needs a shakeup

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Indeed.

Funny how it can all hinge on one little draft pick.

Not sure I'd say the trade is a loss if we miss the playoffs; unless we would have had a lottery pick or close to it I'd probably still be happy with the trade, but at the same time a good pick give me something to look forward to in the event that we miss, so I agree with the sentiment.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The draft this year looks suckish (so far). If you're not picking in the top 3-5, that is. We may be in a rough patch, but no way we'll be in the bottom 5 of the league.

Ron Jeremy

4 fights last night and the team wins. Fighting engages the players. Gets them in the game. First fight was 2 minutes in and woke the team up. Boro's fight was huge. He nails the guy then beats him up when he took exception. Face it, pacifists. Fighting gets the boys revved up.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
4 fights last night and the team wins. Fighting engages the players. Gets them in the game. First fight was 2 minutes in and woke the team up. Boro's fight was huge. He nails the guy then beats him up when he took exception. Face it, pacifists. Fighting gets the boys revved up.

Didn't seem to do much for Columbus.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
NHL Team Fighting Majors Leaders in 2012-1013 Season
1st: Toronto Maple Leafs
25th: Chicago Blackhawks (Stanley Cup Winners)

The Defendant rests its case your Honor.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
NHL Team Fighting Majors Leaders in 2012-1013 Season
1st: Toronto Maple Leafs
25th: Chicago Blackhawks (Stanley Cup Winners)

The Defendant rests its case your Honor.

I've seen fights turn the tide and wake a team up, so I understand why someone would claim fights can wake a team up, but I've also seen more fights totally kill a teams chances.

Team toughness and compete level isn't correlated to fighting, and you can win without fighting, but not without the toughness and compete.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I've seen fights turn the tide and wake a team up, so I understand why someone would claim fights can wake a team up, but I've also seen more fights totally kill a teams chances.

Team toughness and compete level isn't correlated to fighting, and you can win without fighting, but not without the toughness and compete.

Right now we are 30th in the NHL by a WIDE margin in mins short handed vs on the power play. That has been the biggest problem with the team. Luckily we have a decent PK or we would be dead in the water instead of hovering in the middle of the pack. Someone brought up getting Tootoo in this thread, Which would be crazy, he should be called Twotwo, he takes so many penalties.

What we need to do is turn the other cheek. No retaliation penalties. Lots of our players are excellent at drawing penalties, Karlsson from skill, Spezza, Ryan, Michalek from skill as well. Conacher from feistiness, MacArthur from being everywhere, Neil from being a top pest and pain in the behind as we'll as physical. We need to draw penalties and not take them.

We don't need to prove we are physical, we are not some soft team and I don't think anyone thinks we are, we can be a frustrated team and take penalties we don't need to take (yes, looking at you Zack Smith). We need to find a way to be around equal in penalty minutes for and against not on average down about 3 minutes every single game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad