This team needs a shakeup

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
We are a better team than this. I think that the problem right now is an attitude one. A couple years ago the Turris trade was the turning point of the season, and now I would like to see another trade. Hopefully it shows the guys that you can't slack off and just think your good enough.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
if i recall correctly, the Sens are losing to the Sharks

let's not overreact.

Sens have lost to a lot of teams so far. We can't keep using excuses (road trip, tough teams) we will eventually run out of time. I would rather them turn it around now instead of in February. And regardless if they ever want to win the cup the Sens will have to beat the best teams

BigBush*

Don't think this team needs a shake up at all right now. They struggled on the road trip, but are playing a lot better right now. Give it time, there's a lot of luck in hockey that gets evened put as the schedule goes along

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Its too early for a shakeup. October was a horrible schedule for us. Wait until november and then we can accurately judge whether this team needs a shakeup or not.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Ok I'll bite.

What kind of shakeup do you want?
the Murrays are here for the foreseeable future, Melnyk isn't going to make a change up top unless he has tacit approval from Bryan, which isn't going to happen.

We're not firing the coach, that would be crazy. For all his faults (too much trust in Neil, Phillips on the powerplay, not enough accountability for bad penalties) he's one of the best.

So what do you do? Trade Gryba? Trade Zib? Trade Neil? There isn't gong to be any change. If the Senators miss the playoffs we'll be told it's because it's year three of the rebuild. If they make the playoffs the story will shift to how this disjointed group gelled into an extraordinary, plucky group of champions. You know, the usual media memes.

Lastly, you need money to make changes and Eugene is a tightwad. He's only going to take on a player in trade if he has an expiring contract so...this is what we have. Let's be patient, if the team ends up giving the Ducks a top 10 pick then we can start asking for heads.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
The teams that have beaten us have a combined win percentage of 63.7%; excluding our games, they're still winning at a 59.2% clip. That's basically as good as Anaheim was last all of last year. For comparison, we were 52.1% last year.

Let's not blow this rough start out of proportion. It all gets easier from here.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Still think we need a couple pieces while we have had good looking moments we have also had bad ones. Losing 3 key players from last year means we lose 3 roles. A big improvement in 1 sill leaves 2 holes.

And I don't get this whole tough competition talk. Don't we want to be a top team that is the tough competition, not just a bubble team

melnyk budget*

The teams that have beaten us have a combined win percentage of 63.7%; excluding our games, they're still winning at a 59.2% clip. That's basically as good as Anaheim was last all of last year. For comparison, we were 52.1% last year.

Let's not blow this rough start out of proportion. It all gets easier from here.

Pretty much. Glad there are some people on this forum with a brain.

What we need is a defenseman though. We suck more than usual getting out of zone this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Still think we need a couple pieces while we have had good looking moments we have also had bad ones. Losing 3 key players from last year means we lose 3 roles. A big improvement in 1 sill leaves 2 holes.

And I don't get this whole tough competition talk. Don't we want to be a top team that is the tough competition, not just a bubble team

We are not top contenders yet. We are not expected to easily beat top teams like sharks, kings, bruins, pens, ducks, hawks etc. We are expected to beat teams like the sabres, lightning, panthers, devils, rangers, flyers, etc. It will be a couple of years before we can be able to beat the top teams with ease.

BigBush*

First shake up id do is give Lehner a few consecutive games in so that he has the chance to compete for the starting position. I'm not just saying that because Anderson had a bad game, but Ottawa really has to see if Lehner is the future, and what to do with Anderson's contract

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd like to hear about a management, coach meeting pinning down the problem/s before this gets out of control. Couple more losses and trades be coming

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
First shake up id do is give Lehner a few consecutive games in so that he has the chance to compete for the starting position. I'm not just saying that because Anderson had a bad game, but Ottawa really has to see if Lehner is the future, and what to do with Anderson's contract
I think the timing for that is about right

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lehner in for Anderson is the only shake-up we need.

A shooter-tutor would also be an acceptable replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->