This team needs a shakeup

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
They've been fine, and were great yesterday, and I'd make minor changes at best.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Bring up Hoffman, please!

Great skater, but too small. We already have too many small guys on the team. One of the goals scored by San Jose yesterday was a direct result of their big guys out muscling our small guys out on the ice.

Berserker*

Stone has almost fully recovered. When he is fully healthy, I think it is likely that he plays 2-3 games in Binghamton and then gets called up.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Its more than just wins and losses. The team is playing horribly, the amount of giveaways Friday night was embarrassing. How many games have the Sens been down a goal before we hit the 5 minute mark of the first.

The team is simply not playing hard enough. The have the talent to compete they are choosing not too at this point.

Trade Spezza while he is still fairly valuable. Spezza is a good example of a Captain not playing hard enough and with not enough grit, which is a poor example for the rest of the players who are looking for leadership.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
They need their ***** kicked. This team is so much better than the way they have been playing imo.

As long as Spezza is the Captain of the Sens and the centre on the #1 line, the Sens will never be a serious contender in the playoffs, and will never come close to winning the Stanley Cup. That's the way I see it anyway.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I wouldnt mind seeing Spezza play with a couple non 3rd/4th line wingers. or failing that a couple of guys with some hockey IQ. that'd be alright.
Id like to see another top 4 defenceman in here at some point.
I'd like to see more speed in the lineup.

Zibinejad Spezza Conacher
Macarthur Turris Ryan
Hoffman Pageau Michalek
Mathias Smith Neil

Call up Hoffman, trade for Mathias.
The defence IMO is harder to address.

Karlsson although he made a few mistakes took a huge step up on Sunday with respect to his style of play and compete level.
It looked like he slapped himself out of injury style Karlsson and decided to attack the game like pre injury karlsson. jumping into the attack, anticipating and picking off passes and launching the attack, hanging out down low and carrying the puck wide down low, shots from everywhere...

ill put up with mistakes all year if he plans on taking his talent out for a spin again. He needs to play like that and push the pace to return to what he is. the more he plays like that the sooner its all going to come back to him.
Spezza has played with Condra & Greening at different times, are they not considered to have a high hockey IQ? He's also played with our best players on many different occasions, will we ever get to the point where maybe, just maybe, it's him?

I'm not sure BM is looking to bring in another top blue lines unless one of the guys they have now doesn't work out the way they think they should. I also think there is a spot waiting for Ceci & with Boroweicki on a one way next yr he should also be in Ottawa.

I like Mathias but whenever I have put him in a proposal most don't seem to think much of him. He could play on our bottom six & add some skill to either line, he can play LW or C. Every player needs to cut back on their turnovers.

I just made the exact same post in another thread :laugh:

Smith has been good in 1 game, OK in another and terrible in the rest.

Yea, your right, what does the "Coach of the Year" know anyway.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think the expectation was that we will be in that 'top teams' grouping. Meaning that we should be able to beat other top teams, and especially at home. Our expectations need to be adjusted. With adjustment there will be pain.

Correct on all counts.

My personal expectation when I saw our schedule for the first time was that we would start off behind the pack and slowly move past teams as the season moved along. I was probably in the minority.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As long as Spezza is the Captain of the Sens and the centre on the #1 line, the Sens will never be a serious contender in the playoffs, and will never come close to winning the Stanley Cup. That's the way I see it anyway.

Lol.

Yeah we didn't get to the cup finals with him as our #1 centre or anything. He hasn't consistently been our best player and p/g in the playoffs. Why does Ottawa attract so many fairweather fans? Is it just because of being a relatively new team?

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Sens have lost to a lot of teams so far. We can't keep using excuses (road trip, tough teams) we will eventually run out of time. I would rather them turn it around now instead of in February. And regardless if they ever want to win the cup the Sens will have to beat the best teams

4 of 5 regulation losses were SJ or Anh.

No real "shakeup" required, but if the team figured out a way to acquire/afford a player like Stephane Robidas I'd be pretty pleased.

Iconoclast

Lifestyle on camera
May 2, 2013
Toronto

Aren't you a real comedian?

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
How dare Maclean have faith in the goalie that carried the team last year and the year before and has started this year with a .920 SV%?

Clearly he is an imbecile and should default to the expert analysis of HFSens that Lehner is clearly better which cannot be quantitatively proven in any way.

Lehner's looked sharper in the starts hes had over anderson, I dont see whats wrong with saying that. But hey if anderson keeps playing sub par, its ok since he was better a year or 2 ago.

what logic :laugh:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lehner's looked sharper in the starts hes had over anderson, I dont see whats wrong with saying that. But hey if anderson keeps playing sub par, its ok since he was better a year or 2 ago.

Lehner was pretty soft in that Edmonton game.

Selective memory i guess. Ottawa's problems go a lot deeper then goaltending right now, or any individual player for that matter

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Yeah, he was wicked sharp in the game against Edmonton...

Did you forget about that one? I don't blame you. It was only one of his THREE starts this year.

Logic...hahaha

Ron Jeremy

Actually Alfie did have a big hand in turning it around that year.

It was Murray's first year as coach the team didn't seem to be adapting well and then some of the centers went down to injury.

Alfie called a dinner meeting with some of the leaders and that did seem to be the turn around with the season.

Afterwards when it was mentioned Alfie deflected praise as usual and said that Murray hadn't received enough credit for the turnaround.

Evidently Spezza called the meeting today and we have to hope that the players buy in and that we see more focus and effort.

Actually, the big brawl with the Sabres turned that season around. Emery and Neil were huge in that one.

We need a brawl.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, he was wicked sharp in the game against Edmonton...

Did you forget about that one? I don't blame you. It was only one of his THREE starts this year.

Logic...hahaha

I guess it doesn't matter he was amazing in san jose and anaheim, he is a young goaltender who'll have his ups and downs.

Anderson is a vet and he has let in plenty of softies this season. None of his performances have looked as good as lehner's best this season. What's his excuse?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess it doesn't matter he was amazing in san jose and anaheim, he is a young goaltender who'll have his ups and downs.

Anderson is a vet and he has let in plenty of softies this season. None of his performances have looked as good as lehner's best this season. What's his excuse?

Pretty sure that Anderson had a shutout in our first game in which he was amazing, and he was also rock solid against New Jersey. Both of those performances were better than Lehner's.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We had Alfredsson then

I'd argue Fisher and Phillips were more instrumental(Basically a full team leadership effort) than just the role of Alfy which was still huge nonetheless.

Pretty sure that Anderson had a shutout in our first game in which he was amazing, and he was also rock solid against New Jersey. Both of those performances were better than Lehner's.

Lmfao, no they weren't. Not close..

Also...

San Jose, Anaheim>>>>>>>>>>>>>worst teams in the league, lol.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO Anderson has been far superior to Lehner. Loooooool. Anyone with eyes can see that.

But yeah, allowing 2 goals on 79 shots is way worse than what Lehner did...not even close even!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad