The Out of Town Thread part LXIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Apparently Peverley is in the deal as well...

I don't like this at all for the Bruins... I really don't. Why would they do this? Why would they deal a part of their AMAZING depth and insurance at C... And most of all, why would they give up on a talent such as Tyler Seguin THAT early in his career...

We shall see the other pieces...

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

I don't like this at all for the Bruins... I really don't. Why would they do this? Why would they deal a part of their AMAZING depth and insurance at C... And most of all, why would they give up on a talent such as Tyler Seguin THAT early in his career...

They did it with Big Joe, Seguin is hardly as good.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Bruins are a team that draft's well, allows players to develop, signs veterans to good deals, and makes great trades.

On all fronts, I respect Chiarelli for the work he has done.

Claude Julien, on the other hand, is a fat piece of blubber that I could care less about.

void

Jan 5, 2006

I think Seguin has major attitude problems. Plus, they're getting Eriksson back... The guy is EXTREMELY underrated. Great, great player.

havok78

Jan 3, 2009
Montreal
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m

I'm told there are 7 pieces to the Seguin-Eriksson trade. 3 prospects moving from Stars. 4 players total.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't get the cry over this. Boston also lost Horton.
It isn't a heads up deal, so it'll be interesting to see who's involved. But to me it looks like a deal that really isn't necessary. I also wouldn't want to get rid of Seguin who will become a true #1 center. It seems like the Bruins have no interest in making him their #1 though.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
One of the factors i think boston is trading Seguin is for easier cap management. There was a possibility he cold ask for a lot on his upcoming negotiations.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I get what you guys are saying, and it's true that Eriksson is totally underrated and one of the game's finest two-way forwards... But jeez...

Before, whenever an injury occured in Boston, you had Peverley and Seguin up for the task.

Now, Bergeron gets injured, what are you doing? You put Kelly on the top-6?

I don't like that.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 32s
Loui Eriksson has to waive his no trade to make this trade official from Dallas. He is doing that now. #NHL

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
How is it that we supposedly have the best drafting department, yet lack on assets?

We've drafted many NHLers that we've let go. Go look at what kind of return we got on some of them and ask yourself if that's the fault of our scouting department, or our general manager/pro scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad