The Out of Town Thread part LXIV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
How the **** did the Bruins succeeded in getting Peverley out? Yet, the best player is Seguin but only if his hip injury isn't too bad. If it is, Bruins wins again. If not, could be a good trade for both teams....but Seguin is the best player of them all IF healthy

Strange to see such a good prospect like Morrow being traded 2 times lately.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
They're about to sign Rask to a 7M per year deal starting next season.
They get Eriksson at 4.25M.

They give Seguin at 5.75M and Peverley at 3.25M.

They had about 5M in cap space.

Makes it 5 + 5.75 + 3.25 (about 14)...
Then 14 - 7 - 4.25 equals roughly 2.75M.

What do you want to do with that?

Just wait and see.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Sign Alfredsson to a one year deal. Go for the cup all over again.

With what money?

I don't believe for a second Alfredsson leaves the Sens. Murray is NEVER going to let that happen.

They have 2.75M to sign him if he even considers an offer.

Not only that, but they lost TONS of 3rd line scoring right there.

Horton, Jagr, Seguin and Peverley out people. That's 4 50 points players right there.

They replace him by a great two-way guy. But come on.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
They're about to sign Rask to a 7M per year deal starting next season.
They get Eriksson at 4.25M.

They give Seguin at 5.75M and Peverley at 3.25M.

They had about 5M in cap space.

Makes it 5 + 5.75 + 3.25 (about 14)...
Then 14 - 7 - 4.25 equals roughly 2.75M.

What do you want to do with that?
Savard LTIR frees up another 4.1M.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Good teams always find ways to get rid of ugly contracts and get better. Philly, Boston and Toronto are all getting better while we are planning a trio of plekanec/dd/gionta upfront. Disgusting.

You know, it takes two to trade. And if you think all those players are garbage, why would any GM want to take them off your hands?

I'm not saying they are garbage, but the point stands.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
How the **** did the Bruins succeeded in getting Peverley out? Yet, the best player is Seguin but only if his hip injury isn't too bad. If it is, Bruins wins again. If not, could be a good trade for both teams....but Seguin is the best player of them all IF healthy

I generally agree with everything you say, but come on there for a second. Tyler Seguin still has tremendous potential. Peverley is still a guy who is good for a healthy 45-50 points. Add Jagr and Horton to that.

The Bruins of today are worst than the Bruins of this past season... It's not even close.

What made them special was their THREE balanced scoring lines. They now have two...

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Seguin is a year removed from scoring 67 points in his sophmore season. He's a player, despite the off-ice issues.
Even if he gets 70-80 points, there's a long way to go towards matching what Eriksson does. I presume we'll come to realize this more fully in the years ahead. :(

And I like Fraser and Smith too, let's not underrate them... if anything, I'd be more doubtful about Morrow, I'm not sure he's going to pan out as originally hoped, but Fraser and Reilly are going to slide in there as potentially underrated young (+cheap) forwards.

I think Boston should have had to give up more in this deal than they did. :(

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Savard LTIR frees up another 4.1M.

According to capgeek, in fact, when they sign Rask for 7M a year, they're down to 2M in cap space... Still have a #2 goalie to sign, as well as several depth players, unless they trust Smith - Kelly - Soderberg as their 3rd line...

They also would have Bergeron who's about to sign a monster deal in there.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I generally agree with everything you say, but come on there for a second. Tyler Seguin still has tremendous potential. Peverley is still a guy who is good for a healthy 45-50 points. Add Jagr and Horton to that.

The Bruins of today are worst than the Bruins of this past season... It's not even close.

What made them special was their THREE balanced scoring lines. They now have two...

Don't forget about Soderberg who will play full time next season.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
According to capgeek, in fact, when they sign Rask for 7M a year, they're down to 2M in cap space... Still have a #2 goalie to sign, as well as several depth players, unless they trust Smith - Kelly - Soderberg as their 3rd line...

They also would have Bergeron who's about to sign a monster deal in there.

LTIR cushion allows teams to exceed the cap by that amount.

Bergeron's deal won't kick in until next season when the cap is rumoured to go up by quite a bit.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

I don't disagree with that. I did mention that Seguin IS the best player of the trade is healthy. CLEARLY Bruins are worried about his health. So now, let,s hope it's the same doctors that were worried about Chelios healthy when Savard traded him.....

Eriksson is a pretty good player but clearly not with the potential that Seguin has. I believe Joe Morrow will be a NHL'er real soon. The other 2 will give, at worst, a really great farm team for the Bruins. Still, I give the edge to Dallas IF Seguin is healthy. 'Cause frankly, Peverley was a no-show in the playoffs. And paid way too much for what he brings. And Button had problems making the ECHL team. So Dallas is mostly getting Seguin and just him. But that's enough if healthy.

Where Bruins do win is cap space, great cap trade. Bruins gained some great cap space there. They will surely re-sign Jagr and probably make offers to other players. I wouldn't be too hurry to call that trade a terrible trade for Boston. Yet, it is obvious that Dallas is getting the better player. No doubt. Actually depth wise, it is really looking good for Boston as they acquire good young cheap talent and save money with getting rid of Peverley.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Lmao we signed Briere.

Heard 2 years for 8 mill on the radio right now. Not bad, not great. We'll see. If Briere finds his old ways again, then this is good. If he's injured, well LTIR, maybe. Not a long duration.

I don't know... I hated the guy for years, and now he's a Hab. At least it isn't a bad contract.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
I want Bruins to go ahead and sign Alfredsson. Would be a nice little bow on top of the gift that will be their next season.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
In the meantime, Bruins got themselves a very good 6'3'' winger.....Future will tell. Not sure it's that much of clear win for Nill....

void

Jan 5, 2006
Seguin won't amount to much if he doesn't change his attitude...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

How did the Bruins do it?

They traded their most talented player away. Not saying they can't win the deal, but they take on a lot more risk. Ericksson is getting up there in age, not old but a lot closer to a decline, Seguin is just entering his prime and has the potential to be a top 5 NHL scorer and a superstar. As much as Ericksson is a good player with a good contract and Boston got other assets, if Seguin turns into a superstar Boston will look dumb in 2-3 years.

I don't think Seguin's health is an issue.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
In the meantime, Bruins got themselves a very good 6'3'' winger.....Future will tell. Not sure it's that much of clear win for Nill....

But they also lost a very good young center. Seguin probably has a higher ceiling than Eriksson, who might not stay with Boston for very long. Of course Eriksson is a beast so its hard to criticize the Bruins on this.

Overall its very far removed from the Ribeiro-Niinima trade thats for sure.. Its so frustrating to see the Bruins manage their assets so well. Its as if other teams want the Bruins to succeed and keep trying to help them. What the hell? Hopefully Boston made a mistake this time. This could be Thornton trade version 2.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Retweeted by James Mirtle (Globe and Mail)...

Cask 'N Flagon ‏@TheCasknFlagon 54m
The Boston nightclub scene will be a better place without #tylerseguin demanding entry. #TradeSeguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad