OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Braves load the bases by making contact no one out the next 2 batters strike out trying to jack a HR instead of making contact and keeping the inning going. They should quit trying to only hit Home Runs. Dave Kingman is a joke for a reason.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Looking at the schedule, Tennessee might win two more games this season and without non-conference fluff to pad the record, they won't be going to a bowl game.

And they'll probably still be a preseason top-25 again next year.

Rumor is they will waive the .500 requirement for bowls because only 76 teams are playing football and there are currently 41 bowls on the schedule (yeah, do that math... participation trophy for everyone)

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Rumor is they will waive the .500 requirement for bowls because only 76 teams are playing football and there are currently 41 bowls on the schedule (yeah, do that math... participation trophy for everyone)
Some schools get to play in multiple bowls?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I have no issue with HR's, I just miss the rest of the nuance of the game. Its boring as mud.
Oh come on, you don't get geeked about launch angles?

Pitching is also pretty much a lost art. Throw hard, have some kind of movement pitch, pitch into the shift, get pulled when the fancy stats call for the next guy. Friend and I were waxing nostalgic about the 90s Braves rotation last night... :(

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Y'all were Whitey Herzog St. Louis Cardinals fans weren't you?
They were a Very exciting winning team. That’s what most people are missing is the strategy and the havoc that base running can cause. Last year (full season) the league leader in stolen bases had 46. Rickey Henderson always had that many before the All Star break.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They were a Very exciting winning team. That’s what most people are missing is the strategy and the havoc that base running can cause. Last year (full season) the league leader in stolen bases had 46. Rickey Henderson always had that many before the All Star break.
The 2015 Royals were pretty fun I think. The 2018 WS kind of typified what I hate about the game now. The Red Sox basically had a bullpen full of Joe Kellys that they trotted out in sequence against a Dodgers lineup that was trying to hit homers on every pitch. Awful freaking baseball.

Reactions: Gnashville

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The 2015 Royals were pretty fun I think. The 2018 WS kind of typified what I hate about the game now. The Red Sox basically had a bullpen full of Joe Kellys that they trotted out in sequence against a Dodgers lineup that was trying to hit homers on every pitch. Awful freaking baseball.
One of these teams is going to buck the trend I think and start playing fundamentals, starting pitchers going deep, and small ball again and start winning big and hopefully break this boring game of strikeouts and pitch count. The Braves choked away a 3-1 series lead trying to jack HR’s all the time.

Reactions: triggrman

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
One of these teams is going to buck the trend I think and start playing fundamentals, starting pitchers going deep, and small ball again and start winning big and hopefully break this boring game of strikeouts and pitch count. The Braves choked away a 3-1 series lead trying to jack HR’s all the time.
What’s funny in our age group now is the consistent pitchers forcing guys to hit the ball where it’s pitched has become kryptonite to these all power lineups

Reactions: Flgatorguy87
Jul 12, 2007
Man, how long can the Titans stay undefeated winning by one or two, or on the last possession, lol ?
They could just as easily be 0-5. But I’ll take it ! It’s fun to be 5-0, with everything breaking the right way. Vrabel makes a big difference with his creativity, craftiness, and positive outlook. Helps to have 4-5 guys with breakout seasons too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad