OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Mudcats are the most badass logo in sports.

That would be the Montgomery Biscuits!

MontgomeryBiscuits.png

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Minor league sports have so many great ones. I've always been partial to the Solar Bears in the ECHL.
upload_2020-12-10_8-17-10.png

The Sioux Falls Stampede in the USHL also rebrand to the Sioux Falls Wiener Dogs once a year which I enjoy.
upload_2020-12-10_8-17-49.jpeg

Reactions: PredsV82

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I love seeing all these Minor league teams have their own branding. At one time every team in the Braves organization was names the Braves. I get they want ties to the big league club but it’s so much cooler for them to have their own identity. Some of my favorites are Lansing Lugnuts, Toledo MudHens, Albuquerque Isotopes, Montgomery Biscuits, Ranch Cucomunga Quakes & Rocket City Trash Pandas (Who used to be the Nashville Xpress).

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Ice Gators. I would post a picture but that is apparently beyond my capabilities. Just look it up, it is still a team.

The Delta State Fighting Okra is also one of my favorites. My niece was part of the dance team for UNA and one time I was at a game against DS. Me: "...is that...is that mascot a big OKRA?" Sister laughed and said yes.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Ice Gators. I would post a picture but that is apparently beyond my capabilities. Just look it up, it is still a team.

The Delta State Fighting Okra is also one of my favorites. My niece was part of the dance team for UNA and one time I was at a game against DS. Me: "...is that...is that mascot a big OKRA?" Sister laughed and said yes.
images

Reactions: Gnashville and Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
trash_pandas-large.jpg
Rocket City Trash Pandas
Those are in Huntsville--has this team taken the place of the Huntsville Havoc? Madison is literally 15 minutes from my mom's homeplace--it's on the north side of Athens, very near the 72-31 intersection (next to Aldi on Clinton St. if you're THAT familiar with Athens).

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
My sons off-season is really just December and January. You would think we would welcome the break. We don’t, even the wife starts hating not having games. Sad to know we only have a few years if this left.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
My sons off-season is really just December and January. You would think we would welcome the break. We don’t, even the wife starts hating not having games. Sad to know we only have a few years if this left.

Sounds like hes good enough to play college ball, though, so you should get another 4 years after hs

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It is an adjustment, particularly if your kids were involved in a lot of things. My daughter had her dance and chorus stuff, my son had football and karate and then roller hockey and ice hockey. I miss those times but my grandkids occasionally have stuff, too. Not so much right now because of the pandemic but I used to go to school programs and girl scout meetings and gymnastics class with the older one. Little one had "princess camp" (dancing for 4 year olds) this past summer that was a blast. She took that very seriously.

Reactions: triggrman

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Derrick Henry's journey to 2,000 yards just got easier today. 215 leaves him with 468 yards to go in the three games remaining, needing 156/gm to get there. That's still a lot, but not impossible against some softer run defenses.

All three of the teams are bottom half of the league in rush D. Two are bottom 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino