OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Titans - Steelers game won't be played at all now.

Well, won't be played this week. They will make it up later in the season. I think what you will see happen is the Steelers-Ravens game currently scheduled for week 7 moved to week 8 when they both had a bye week. Then they will play the Steelers-Titans week 7.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Loretto always has had good girls hoops players. I'm from Lewisburg--we met up quite a bit back in the day.
She got her team to the championship game as a freshman and they were in the final four until Covid caused the season to be canceled. She is easily the Ms. Basketball favorite this year and next in Single A

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Speaking of girls basketball, do you all remember me talking about Crystal Dangerfield back a few years ago, the basketball player at Blackman? She won rookie of the year in the WNBA.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Speaking of girls basketball, do you all remember me talking about Crystal Dangerfield back a few years ago, the basketball player at Blackman? She won rookie of the year in the WNBA.
Good for her! I lived in Marshall Co from 1972 til 76 (plus summers home til 79). In that time period Girls won state at least twice. This was back when they played the half court style, which was a different game--it wouldn't have translated to WNBA well, even if there had been one back then. I like both but girls are better served playing the full court style if they have aspirations of moving on in the sport.

Reactions: triggrman

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Good for her! I lived in Marshall Co from 1972 til 76 (plus summers home til 79). In that time period Girls won state at least twice. This was back when they played the half court style, which was a different game--it wouldn't have translated to WNBA well, even if there had been one back then. I like both but girls are better served playing the full court style if they have aspirations of moving on in the sport.
I grew up in Shelbyville when they went on their run winning State and National Championships. My parents have had passes to the Girls State Championships since the early 90's. We've been from Arizona to Pennsylvania watching the Eaglettes play.

Reactions: triggrman and Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Vols losing to Georgia by 3 TDs.
Sigh. It's what I get for wearing orange, showing my fandom. Bleh.

I didn't think UT would win...but I had hope at the half. Dashed that all to pieces. Oh well. 8 wins in a row was pretty nice, won't lie.

Reactions: adsfan

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Once Nashville joins MLB, I have a feeling they will want the Memphis AAA club to be their top affiliate.

I'm sure the Cardinals will be more than willing to let go of Memphis. I could see the Cardinals purchasing the Dodgers' stake in the OKC club and making them their top affiliate, with the Dodgers moving AAA to Fresno, meaning all 8 Mountain/Pacific MLB teams have their top affiliates in those time zones.

Reactions: triggrman

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My wife is outraged that fans are allowed in the stadium after the game had to be postponed due to COVID-19!

My wife is also from the Buffalo area.

Titans 14 Bills 7 just into the second quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad