OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Man, how long can the Titans stay undefeated winning by one or two, or on the last possession, lol ?
They could just as easily be 0-5. But I’ll take it ! It’s fun to be 5-0, with everything breaking the right way. Vrabel makes a big difference with his creativity, craftiness, and positive outlook. Helps to have 4-5 guys with breakout seasons too.
They blew out Buffalo so they could be 1-4

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Man, how long can the Titans stay undefeated winning by one or two, or on the last possession, lol ?
They could just as easily be 0-5. But I’ll take it ! It’s fun to be 5-0, with everything breaking the right way. Vrabel makes a big difference with his creativity, craftiness, and positive outlook. Helps to have 4-5 guys with breakout seasons too.

Going to be tough with Lewan out for the year and Jonnu Smith likely to miss time. Isaiah Wilson has had a horrible offseason. Time to get his ass in gear and step up to the plate.

Reactions: triggrman

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Nashville FC record is now 6-6-6... eek:eek:

They've been better than I think anyone could have expected. They play great defense and seem to have found an offensive spark in the past few games.
Joe Willis leads MLS with 8 clean sheets.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
They've been better than I think anyone could have expected. They play great defense and seem to have found an offensive spark in the past few games.
Joe Willis leads MLS with 8 clean sheets.

Is that soccer for shutout?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
As someone who grew up a fan of the Big Red Machine, back when the Reds were in the NL West, seeing the Dodgers win the WS is still a bummer....

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
As someone who grew up a fan of the Big Red Machine, back when the Reds were in the NL West, seeing the Dodgers win the WS is still a bummer....
I never understood how the Reds and Braves were in the “West” while the Cardinals and Cubs were in the “East”
Both Atlanta teams were in the West one time.

Reactions: PredsV82

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Nashville SC is the 6th expansion team to make the playoffs in the 1st year. Not likely that they can win the whole thing, but they way they play is going to be a tough matchup for anybody in the playoffs.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Nashville SC is the 6th expansion team to make the playoffs in the 1st year. Not likely that they can win the whole thing, but they way they play is going to be a tough matchup for anybody in the playoffs.
They keep it close and if you can do that you always have a chance.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I am a lifelong Vanderbilt and almost feel sympathy for Vol fans now. They really are not used to losing like this and decades of futility like this. They always seem to think they are “back” and then Lucy pulls the football at the last second and they fall flat again. It’s becoming Nebraska level broken and the Rest of the SEC (except Vanderbilt but we are used to it) is only getting better and more competitive.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Teams we watch in my home on Saturdays...

MTSU: 2-5
Tennessee: 2-4
Penn State: 0-3
Michigan: 1-2
Vanderbilt: 0-5

Combined: 5-19

Thank goodness for the Titans right now!
If only the Titans could manage below average defense. Dumping Casey for Clowney is looking worse and worse.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I missed the Michigan game. My brother went there. Michigan didn't lose to Indiana in football in 33 years and 24 games before yesterday. It was bound to happen some day.

The Titans just beat the Bears 24-17! (Thanks for helping out the Packers.)

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The Titans just beat the Bears 24-17! (Thanks for helping out the Packers.)

Pretty much as a result of Chicago's offense being incredibly inept for three quarters. Otherwise the Titans themselves weren't too sharp and got at least 10 points of that off of turnovers. Though AJ Brown did have an awesome game, made a great catch, run and TD on a perfect pass from Tannehill to really turn the tide of the game in the Titans favor.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I am a lifelong Vanderbilt and almost feel sympathy for Vol fans now. They really are not used to losing like this and decades of futility like this. They always seem to think they are “back” and then Lucy pulls the football at the last second and they fall flat again. It’s becoming Nebraska level broken and the Rest of the SEC (except Vanderbilt but we are used to it) is only getting better and more competitive.
Nebraska's a good comparison, really. I keep trying to follow the Vols out of a sense of solidarity with family, but it just gets too painful. :(

* * *​

Penn State and Michigan? You wound me. :( ;)

But yeah, right now college football seems all "Ohio State and Alabama and Clemson are on track and everything else WHARRRGARBL" I mean, for G-d's sake, the toughest looking teams on our schedule right now are Indiana and Maryland - and that's not damning with faint praise, they look legitimately capable. WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm from Philly so I brought Penn State in, My wife is from Detroit so she brought Michigan. We both HATE Ohio State :nod:
proxy-image

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hey I'm an Arkansas fan and if not for a botched Ref call against Auburn we would be 4-2. Tbh if Broyles could learn to keep it simple we would probably have won more. He is still figuring out that mess worked in the Big 12 because they don't play defense, it won't fly in the SEC

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I am just shocked that Indiana football is good. They haven’t been good since my junior year there (1986) when they beat Michigan and Ohio State in the same season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce