OT: The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
That was a crazy game.

3 goals overturned by offside.

I don't know a lot about soccer rules. But I do know that if there is an offside to screw a team, a team from Nashville will be offside.

Reactions: Adz

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was hoping to see her kick before I have to head out on the road, but Vandy isn't going to get close enough to give her a chance.
Well, she did get to kick off to start the second half. So there was something.

A little disappointing, but, I mean, it is Vandy. She still was on the field, it still counts, so it's good. :thumbu:

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Well, she did get to kick off to start the second half. So there was something.

A little disappointing, but, I mean, it is Vandy. She still was on the field, it still counts, so it's good. :thumbu:
Vanderbilt had been rolling on offense until today. The Defense had been miserable but they could put up points.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
A well-fought challenge, but in the end, we knew the true end result all along - MLS's exclusive all-yellow team has always been and can only ever be the Crew.

Oh, and the game was interesting too. :thumbu:

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
A well-fought challenge, but in the end, we knew the true end result all along - MLS's exclusive all-yellow team has always been and can only ever be the Crew.

Oh, and the game was interesting too. :thumbu:
TBH I was cheering for the wrong team from half time til around the 67th minute (didn't see the first half). I kept thinking man, we look pretty good, wasn't really paying any attention to the Blue team unless they got close to the goal.

And then I saw the Blue team had Renassant Bank on its front and it dawned on me that this yellow team was not, in fact, MY yellow team. Congratulations. It was a good game.

Why I didn't cue in immediately to the fact that the stadium, which I knew wasn't ours, was awash in yellow is anyone's guess.

Reactions: LCPreds and Viqsi

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
That Titans performance was the kind that propelled them 2nd half of last season. They have Derrick Henry pounding people on the ground and I swear the more I watch him the more I think AJ Brown is basically the WR version of Henry. That makeshift offensive line though. The true saviors of the season.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Plus the way that Corey Davis has stepped up this season, teams can't focus on Brown because if they double team and shut him down Davis is capable of putting up #1 receiver yards in a game. Jonnu Smith has been excellent also.

Overall it's a well balanced attack and Arthur Smith has utilized play action effectively. If Clowney and Beasley had worked out on defense, and Adoree Jackson wasn't hurt I think that side of the ball wouldn't be struggling as much. But just like the Preds, the defense always looks better when playing with a lead.

Reactions: LCPreds and Adz

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Davis has really come into his own this season. Too bad the Titans already declined his option for next year cause they probably can't afford him now.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Davis has really come into his own this season. Too bad the Titans already declined his option for next year cause they probably can't afford him now.

Conklin part 2. We're not having great luck with first contract performance until after the option has run out.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Chatta-freaking nooga beat Kentucky in basketball. (condolences Volde)

Coastal Carolina is beating BYU

This is the point of 2020 where the year is tripping on shrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad