OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
All you peeps probably have more time now with no games on. I highly recommend going to this play which runs for another week at the Citadel.

Cost of Living - Citadel Theatre

The best play I've seen in years. You'll laugh, maybe cry, everything in between. A riveting production fantastically written and acted. We have seasons seats and for only 30 bucks a seat, close to front row.
lots of good productions at the Citadel.

Go to this dramatic play and get set for 2hrs that is going to be better than any movie you watched, pull you in as much as anything you've watched live or on screen. Theres nothing like live theater for that. Give it a try, seats are available. You'll be hooked to the story in minutes.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
All you peeps probably have more time now with no games on. I highly recommend going to this play which runs for another week at the Citadel.

Cost of Living - Citadel Theatre

The best play I've seen in years. You'll laugh, maybe cry, everything in between. A riveting production fantastically written and acted. We have seasons seats and for only 30 bucks a seat, close to front row.
lots of good productions at the Citadel.

Go to this dramatic play and get set for 2hrs that is going to be better than any movie you watched, pull you in as much as anything you've watched live or on screen. Theres nothing like live theater for that. Give it a try, seats are available. You'll be hooked to the story in minutes.

Going to see 'As You Like It' next month. Sucker for anything Beatles related.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Going to see 'As You Like It' next month. Sucker for anything Beatles related.

Looking forward to this one as well. Always been a Beatles fan and I expect the production will be first rate. My usual reaction to productions at the Citadel is how talented the performers are. I expect people on stage to be able to act, I'm often blown away by how well they can sing. Not sure if they will use the orchestra pit for this production, I hope so as I would rather have the music played then canned in performance.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Now a moment of gravity.

Coronavirus.

So much misinformation emanating from Toronto right now with patient zero Canada arriving there.

next, little doubt, will be Vancouver, also alleged flight from Wuhan region that arrived there.

The number one question I would have is why flights from China to Canada are being allowed presently. Or that the patients from such flights are being immediately released. There should be quarantine and in the case of this virus incubation periods are looking like 10-14 days.

Yet Toronto public health officials as well as Health Canada are falsely reporting that all precautions were taken and that the virus here is well contained.

We have the following blatant misinformation being expressed;

“We have somebody who’s had very little external contact,” said Eileen de Villa, Medical Officer of Health for the City of Toronto. “We are now in the process, as the local public health unit, of undertaking the investigations, understanding the history of the ill individual, and all of the activities that that individual has undertaken since becoming ill.”
Dr. Yaffe said medical authorities are still ascertaining whether the patient was infectious on the flight.

Canada announces first confirmed ‘presumptive’ case of coronavirus in Toronto

ffs the individual was on a presumably packed flight from the region, airplane cabins are notoriously known to be carriers of such contagion and we have such misinformation as the health officials stating they don't know if the man was contagious on the flight.. This ignoring that the man was not only reporting symptoms the same day of the flight, and that he obviously was symptomatic, and I would think in an infectious stage.

The health officials are refusing to release information on what flight it was, or even contacting whoever else was on board. They are going on the presumption that only those seated nearby would be at risk. So they are contacting those that were seated immediately near the infected individual. This again ignores that Aircraft contagion can be high, and they of course have no information if the individual went to the bathroom during the flight (probably) and whether the bathroom handle, toilet handle, sink taps etc, anything a person could touch, would then be a transfer point.

Next theres been blatant lying that patient zero was handled with all precaution. The EMT providers have stated they were NOT informed about the suspected contagion and that they had used routine precautions. Health Toronto, Health Canada saying one thing. Emergency responders saying they did not know the patient could have had Coronavirus until the press conference this AM. This shit is going to hit the fan.

I'm just some punter observing this and thinking once again we're living in dumb world that seems to have to learn everything for the first time..

Not just Canada is clueless on this. In the UK they were exhorting those in Wuhan area to come home immediately rather than stay, even if their plans were to stay. That is not in the greater interest of Public health in the UK. Why would this advisory be stated? Quarantine is of course best achieved at ground Zero, in China. Don't spread it across the globe... too late.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Stay clear of Mexican beer.

first-mexican-victim-of-the-corona-virus-68547458.png

Reactions: oobga

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
More news on Coronavirus, all bad.

Containing new coronavirus may not be feasible, experts say - STAT

Coronavirus: 100,000 may already be infected, experts warn

Ban all flights from China now. That's being implored around the world. But it ain't happening.

There is now full outbreaks and deaths across major Chinese Cities. This is spreading like wild fire on the most populous country on Earth and was incubated and spread at the time that people in China travel the most. A perfect storm for such an epidemic.

But now regardless of Chinese initiated Travel bans, all efforts to contain this, That battle is already lost in China. Meanwhile major cities in NA that are still having daily flights from China. Why? You tell me.

Last edited:

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

Ban all flights from China now. That's being implored around the world. But it ain't happening.

There is now full outbreaks and deaths across major Chinese Cities. This is spreading like wild fire on the most populous country on Earth and was incubated and spread at the time that people in China travel the most. A perfect storm for such an epidemic.

But now regardless of Chinese initiated Travel bans, all efforts to contain this, That battle is already lost in China. Meanwhile major cities in NA that are still having daily flights from China. Why? You tell me.
Yeah, they should stop accepting flights from China. Instead, they should have a military charter pick up any Canadians still in China and then do medical test before they can join the public.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Thought I'd post this for those who haven't seen it.

Kobe's short film Dear Basketball.

Reactions: belair

Barrsy

May 14, 2017

Whats your guys thoughts about this guy. He had just flown back from Wuhan.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/coronavirus-hajdu-tam-health-china-1.5440950
"She said the man experienced symptoms on board China Southern Airlines Flight CZ311, but he apparently did not report those symptoms. Health officials are now tracing fellow passengers who were seated close to the patient — in a two-metre radius — to determine if others are affected."
Like, wtf is this guy doing once he gets to Pearson not going straight to the hospital (clown went home)? I'm not sure how "sick" you actually feel in the preliminary stages but I believe its pretty shitty. Hope the dude lives but my god, how about some f'ing social responsibility.
Cynic in me says this guy started feeling shitty in Wuhan and got on the 1st plane home as fast as he could

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Whats your guys thoughts about this guy. He had just flown back from Wuhan.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/coronavirus-hajdu-tam-health-china-1.5440950
"She said the man experienced symptoms on board China Southern Airlines Flight CZ311, but he apparently did not report those symptoms. Health officials are now tracing fellow passengers who were seated close to the patient — in a two-metre radius — to determine if others are affected."
Like, wtf is this guy doing once he gets to Pearson not going straight to the hospital? I'm not sure how "sick" you actually feel in the preliminary stages but I believe its pretty ****ty. Hope the dude lives but my god, how about some f'ing social responsibility.

I brought up the Toronto first Canadian case in my first post on the matter. Also that tracing 2m radius on a plane cabin is ignoring the person probably used the washroom on the plane at some point, which would be a chief point of contagion potentially for anybody on the plane. In anycase this variation of coronavirus is now said to be infectious even before symptoms are felt meaning that epidemiologically speaking this is a nightmare.

How do you screen what you can't see and detect?

Social responsibility? It seems not well understood these day that the needs of the many should outweigh the needs of the few. Many parents are pleading with govts of many countries imploring them to bring potentially infected progeny, that are in China, home to whatever country they are from. ignoring entirely any risk this poses to general population.

While scientifically we're well advanced now and better able to respond to these contagions in other ways we have world order, or lack of it, that permits the spread. Commercial air/ airports are the chief contagion point allowing world wide spread of these pandemics within days. 100yrs ago the last time the world was heavily hit by a disastrous pandemic this was not the case.

Our whole notion of hospitals also needs to change. These are all contagion or epidemic hot points. The worst place you can go if you happen to be sick.

Lastly the 100 dead in China so far is being drastically understated at present. Several sources identifying that many other deaths are being classed as "viral pneumonia" instead of specifically Coronavirus related. The worst consideration is that the number of reported deaths thus far is grossly under detected as any people dying at home is not known of at this point. In many instances the effect of this contagion is so severe you literally drop to the floor hardly able to move. The sickest people can't even seek help. The only ones found in this condition are in public, and people are advised not to be in public in the effected regions. Many are saying probably 100K are infected so far and with severalfold more deaths than being reported. If the contagion even stopped tomorrow it would be weeks to find out how many fatalities.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah, they should stop accepting flights from China. Instead, they should have a military charter pick up any Canadians still in China and then do medical test before they can join the public.

Would have to quarantine in isolation for at least two weeks. With any military around the infected people also quarantined for that period. But not one country I am aware of, other than China, is prepared to look at this presently.

Just as an aside face masks are absolutely useless. Medical personal have to be in full suits including full face shields and only certain Medical masks are even working to limit this contagion. Hospital staff in China are terrified, frantic, overwrought. We're not hearing the tip of the iceberg yet. For China to take all the actions they have in attempting to prevent this "Grave" pandemic is saying a lot because of China's propensity to cover up.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
not a joke

I am supposed to fly into China on the Feb 4th--should I worry?

ZH.gif

London to Shenzhen
NGCG44

so you are saying I should jump on the plane and ignore everything

Of course not. I didn't say that at all. When your buddy has the flu do you go over to his house for poker night still? No. I think it would be rather silly to fly into China right now and increase your chances of getting what is basically the flu.

The flu also kills hundreds of thousands each and every year.

There is so much conspiracy type thinking around the coronavirus right now it's just gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad