OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Looking at the bigger picture, there are definitely going to be groups of very different people with different mindsets. A large contingent of that at-risk group in the 60+ range are likely not the most tech-savvy either, so their ability to get the right information is limited to tools available to them. I don't blame people for being overcautious--but it's a result of the same lack of knowledge.

I don't believe in dismissive attitudes towards these threats. Regardless of how deadly a pathogen like this is, it's a test to how quickly we as a species can control and eliminate the threat.

Top WHO official warns world may be 'dangerously unprepared' for next pandemic as coronavirus outbreak spreads

No one should be dismissive, or overreactive. Totally agreed. I am very thankful that I live in a country with a robust system that can handle this (not to mention a population that isn't tightly packed together and, as a general rule, use things like wet markets) and can feel pretty safe and comfortable. If I lived in the middle of the infected region I'd feel very different. The response to this situation has largely been excellent though.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No one should be dismissive, or overreactive. Totally agreed. I am very thankful that I live in a country with a robust system that can handle this (not to mention a population that isn't tightly packed together and, as a general rule, use things like wet markets) and can feel pretty safe and comfortable. If I lived in the middle of the infected region I'd feel very different. The response to this situation has largely been excellent though.

That they were able to build a hospital in 10 days is unbelievable.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
And then it will collapse within 5 years.

Kind of the point with it though. It's meant as a temporary structure to deal with the current situation. Even calling it a hospital isn't quite accurate since it's more of a giant building with hospital-like furnishings, rather than an actual hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad