OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I feel for kids nowadays. So much has changed. Kids don't even go outside like they use to. Too much fear of strangers nowadays.

Then add the bubble wrap. Half the time I think kids are fine when they pile up, but their parents put this fear in them that they feel so they must be hurt. I just shake my head. Like you said what kid ever hurt his back? I broke my arm twice when I was younger. The only thing that it slowed me down from doing was showering as now you had this stupid back covering the cast.

Not the case everywhere. The past few days while out for my run there have been kids and their parents all over the local hill. There are lots of kids being active still. Obviously tech has changed some of that, but I think we're starting to see parents realise how important it is for kids to be outside more and push for it.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not the case everywhere. The past few days while out for my run there have been kids and their parents all over the local hill. There are lots of kids being active still. Obviously tech has changed some of that, but I think we're starting to see parents realise how important it is for kids to be outside more and push for it.

Yeah there's a nice middle ground between "don't let your kids do anything more dangerous than lifting the remote" and "In my day, my dad would throw me and my three brothers out of a moving car and we're both fine today!"

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Such a tragedy with the plane crash.. and even more sad that it was most likely terrorism that brought down the plane and not mechanical failure. Imagine if there were 63 Americans instead of Canadians on that flight. Do you think Trump and America's reaction would be different?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Such a tragedy with the plane crash.. and even more sad that it was most likely terrorism that brought down the plane and not mechanical failure. Imagine if there were 63 Americans instead of Canadians on that flight. Do you think Trump and America's reaction would be different?

Thank god Canada in general hasn't wandered into the intellectual wasteland of its southern neighbor.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

The US has a travel ban to Iran. Canada has a "be careful or you might get a boo-boo" policy.

Thank god Canada in general hasn't wandered into the intellectual wasteland of its southern neighbor.

Pretty sad that 176 people were murdered and that's your only concern.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Wtf are you talking about? What a stupid post.

My post stands as it is. Da Bomb makes a comment about the death of 176 people and all you could come up with is "Thank god Canada in general hasn't wandered into the intellectual wasteland of its southern neighbor." Is your mind even home or did it check out years ago?

Your reply is pretty stupid.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
My post stands as it is. Da Bomb makes a comment about the death of 176 people and all you could come up with is "Thank god Canada in general hasn't wandered into the intellectual wasteland of its southern neighbor." Is your mind even home or did it check out years ago?

Your reply is pretty stupid.

I find your characterization of my post according to some mutated reading on your part actually pretty f***ing offensive.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Rinaldo just got a penalty for hitting a guy too hard lol. I’m ok with that, he’s a moron.

edit: wrong thread. f*** the flames anyway though.

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Conspiracy theory time:

The roads in town have been so shit of late because the city workers are pissed that council voted to get rid of the calcium chloride. So they’ve not put enough sand and salt down to increase accident numbers so they can appeal the decision next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad