OT: The OT Thread Part 5: New HF Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bad reviews for Ep 9? That's a shame. They even dug up Palpatine (just going off trailers, I haven't seen it) to try to make up for that last abomination.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I enjoyed Last Jedi.

AHHHH!!
giphy.gif

How dare you! :)

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Getting away from the SW talk.

Been outside a lot as per usual this winter. I go out skating, snow shoeing, walking. Absolutely notable is the stark decline in kids and families outside. Haven't seen any kids tobogganing, skating, anything like that despite near perfect conditions and fantastically balmy Christmas weather. Sometimes I think as a near Senior I might be more active than the average 10yr old these days and that's a bit sad. we have a toboggan hill a block away from where we live. For the first time ever nobody is using it. Christmas holidays it used to be packed. Did any kids get sleds under the Christmas Tree? Do they use them?

In the summer you rarely see kids cycling much. When you do its only short trips to the store or to a playground. Activity seems really down in young kids these days. Its become rarer in summer holidays to even see kids outside playing at all. Unless you buy a trampoline or a backyard slide set you don't see them outside at all. But almost any kid will have played 100 different video games extensively.

These days going to a movie and shoving gobs of candy and popcorn in your face is considered exertion.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Getting away from the SW talk.

Been outside a lot as per usual this winter. I go out skating, snow shoeing, walking. Absolutely notable is the stark decline in kids and families outside. Haven't seen any kids tobogganing, skating, anything like that despite near perfect conditions and fantastically balmy Christmas weather. Sometimes I think as a near Senior I might be more active than the average 10yr old these days and that's a bit sad. we have a toboggan hill a block away from where we live. For the first time ever nobody is using it. Christmas holidays it used to be packed. Did any kids get sleds under the Christmas Tree? Do they use them?

In the summer you rarely see kids cycling much. When you do its only short trips to the store or to a playground. Activity seems really down in young kids these days. Its become rarer in summer holidays to even see kids outside playing at all. Unless you buy a trampoline or a backyard slide set you don't see them outside at all. But almost any kid will have played 100 different video games extensively.

These days going to a movie and shoving gobs of candy and popcorn in your face is considered exertion.
Tobogganing is incredibly dangerous. Should have been banned decades ago.;)

Seriously though, in this day and age of people bubble wrapping their kids to keep them safe and not even letting them go outside to play, are you really surprised nobody is doing that activity anymore? Not even mentioning that it’s a cold weather activity when video games on the couch in a warm living room is much more comfortable.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
wow, this was quick. Cats movie that just came out in theaters has already leaked

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
My boss just figured out I am owed nearly 6 weeks off due holidays and liu days earned. He asked if I would just take two weeks and burn the rest. I asked if I would be paid out nearly 1 month pay. He said no. So I will be spending nearly all of February and half a march laying on a beach in south east Asia when my boss said I could not take all the time off, I asked again about getting paid out he said no. Starting to think my boss does not get my motivation for working. I work to live not live to work.

Last edited:

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
My boss just figured out I am owed nearly 6 weeks off due holidays and liu days earned. He asked if I would just take two weeks and burn the rest. I asked if I would be paid out nearly 1 month pay. He said no. So I will be spending nearly all of February and half a march laying on a beach in south east Asia when my boss said I could not take all the time off, I asked again about getting paid out he said no. Starting to think my boss does not get my motivation for working. I work to live not live to work.

Is this the same one that banned you from HF

Reactions: joestevens29

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Is this the same one that banned you from HF

Nope. That happened when I was working part time for the web company that held the contract for several SHL teams and I was told as long as I was employed by them I was not supposed to post ANY info I learned. If you recall I was posting the lock out was over about 10 hours before it broke. The SHL clubs were starting to update their rosters and we were called in at about 1am london time to do the changes to their websites. The Hilton only asked if I posted the names of the players who I booked hotel rooms for, when I said no they did not care. The SHL guys that was another story

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Nope. That happened when I was working part time for the web company that held the contract for several SHL teams and I was told as long as I was employed by them I was not supposed to post ANY info I learned. If you recall I was posting the lock out was over about 10 hours before it broke. The SHL clubs were starting to update their rosters and we were called in at about 1am london time to do the changes to their websites. The Hilton only asked if I posted the names of the players who I booked hotel rooms for, when I said no they did not care. The SHL guys that was another story

Right, I just remember you having to go incognito and being able to ID you in the first couple days.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Things that only amuse me. I live in Bristol right now and took a train to Cardiff to get a hair cut. One of my buddies pointed out I changed countries to get a hair cut. And was yeah so.? Obviously he has never been to wales

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Tobogganing is incredibly dangerous. Should have been banned decades ago.;)

Seriously though, in this day and age of people bubble wrapping their kids to keep them safe and not even letting them go outside to play, are you really surprised nobody is doing that activity anymore? Not even mentioning that it’s a cold weather activity when video games on the couch in a warm living room is much more comfortable.
I am trying my best to un-bubble-wrap my kids but my wife and parents in-law are making it tough.
Don't run, you can fall. Don't jump, you'll hurt your feet. Don't bend down, you'll hurt your back (like a kid ever hurt his back...). Don't walk on ice or snow, you can slip... On top of that there they are also wrapped into arctic-level clothing as soon as the temperature hits 32 F...

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I am trying my best to un-bubble-wrap my kids but my wife and parents in-law are making it tough.
Don't run, you can fall. Don't jump, you'll hurt your feet. Don't bend down, you'll hurt your back (like a kid ever hurt his back...). Don't walk on ice or snow, you can slip... On top of that there they are also wrapped into arctic-level clothing as soon as the temperature hits 32 F...
I feel for kids nowadays. So much has changed. Kids don't even go outside like they use to. Too much fear of strangers nowadays.

Then add the bubble wrap. Half the time I think kids are fine when they pile up, but their parents put this fear in them that they feel so they must be hurt. I just shake my head. Like you said what kid ever hurt his back? I broke my arm twice when I was younger. The only thing that it slowed me down from doing was showering as now you had this stupid back covering the cast.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Renee Zellweger just had the most awkward walk and speech I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->