OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’m thinking about changing my handle name to ‘Horse McHindu’ but I haven’t fully decided yet. I love my current handle name/avatar combo and bah gawd, you never change a winning game plan.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I’m thinking about changing my handle name to ‘Horse McHindu’ but I haven’t fully decided yet. I love my current handle name/avatar combo and bah gawd, you never change a winning game plan.
Just curious, are you of Hindu religious background?

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Yes I am.

Even though you are Hindu I’ll be honest it’s kinda racist to go with MChindu (and I’m from india) but at the end of the day it’s your call, to me there’s just a connation of a racial under tone to it cause I’ve know people called mchindu when they worked at McDonald’s.

But like I said ymmv

ps. Were you previously called Connor mchindu

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Even though you are Hindu I’ll be honest it’s kinda racist to go with MChindu (and I’m from india) but at the end of the day it’s your call, to me there’s just a connation of a racial under tone to it cause I’ve know people called mchindu when they worked at McDonald’s.

But like I said ymmv

Yes I was previously Connor McHindu. I’ll admit that I had lost sight of the fact that just because I am East Indian (Hindu) and can have a little fun with the name, that it can still offend other Hindus and East Indians out there. All that I say in my defense is that there’s no maliciousness behind my intent, and that it’s nothing more than me being goofy.

Reactions: Ozone

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

But like I said ymmv

Bovinder something.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Yes I was previously Connor McHindu. I’ll admit that I had lost sight of the fact that just because I am East Indian (Hindu) and can have a little fun with the name, that it can still offend other Hindus and East Indians out there. All that I say in my defense is that there’s no maliciousness behind my intent, and that it’s nothing more than me being goofy.

I don’t think there’s any maliciousness behind it thought to be fair when I though you were a white guy from Edmonton I was a bit offended by it;

sometimes we all forget how things can effect others and I know I’m guilty of it also. Since I found out you were brown a while ago I’ve had no issue with it but it’s just more of an FYI for you

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I have a bigger issue with the horse part now that it’s in my mind lol

plus if your truly brown we both know it’s not true lolz

There are exceptions to every rule my friend. :-p

But yeah - not in my case as far as the horse part goes. #ImNotAnsonCarter

Reactions: xtra

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Back off topic -

Does anyone else get bothered by all these ads thanking frontline hospital workers while ignoring so many others that are doing front line jobs?

Spending all this money for pr when most aren’t doing anything real to help.

I just hope when this is all done (and hopefully it will all end ) that people can realize we all contribute to society and our way of life is dependent on so many different people and jobs and be a little bit kinder and a little bit nicer to everyone.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
With shootings and not being able to completely feel safe when going out anywhere anymore, being quarantined isn’t too bad. Mass gatherings at festivals, events etc are becoming more and more scary, and the trips I take to Seattle for baseball games are becoming a very real fear. Help me if I ever feel that way about living in Canada. This Nova Scotia tragedy is scary.

I’ve been having this thought for a few years, and I don’t think I even want kids anymore. I’m scared what the world is going to look like in 10-15 years let alone in 25-30 years.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Back off topic -

Does anyone else get bothered by all these ads thanking frontline hospital workers while ignoring so many others that are doing front line jobs?

Spending all this money for pr when most aren’t doing anything real to help.

I just hope when this is all done (and hopefully it will all end ) that people can realize we all contribute to society and our way of life is dependent on so many different people and jobs and be a little bit kinder and a little bit nicer to everyone.
Who is it you feel is being forgotten?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
McHindu is in reference to my Religion/ethnicity.

Horse would be in relation to physical endowments.....to be politically correct.
I get the Hindu part, but why Mc? You part Scottish as well? I may be oblivious to some obvious things here. #justaboringwhiteagnosticguywithboringwhiteguyfriends

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Who is it you feel is being forgotten?

Have you seen many ads praising the grocer, farmers, truck drivers, people working at meat packing/ food processing plants, bus drivers etc.

don’t get me wrong what the front line medical staff are doing is amazing but for example: Starbucks going out and offering free drinks to healthcare workers but ignoring their own workers is kinda wtf moment

Reactions: Grantham

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I get the Hindu part, but why Mc? You part Scottish as well? I may be oblivious to some obvious things here. #justaboringwhiteagnosticguywithboringwhiteguyfriends

My original handle name was a play on both Connor McDavid and Conor McGregor (my favorite hockey player and favorite MMA fighter). My original handle name as a result was Connor McHindu. However, people started to confuse me with being an Oilers fan and so I changed it to Bovinder Horvatji. As time went on however, I continued to get lost in my monster known as ‘Pejorative Slured enthusiasm’ and so my names got progressively worse (and likely will for the foreseeable future :-p).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad