OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
That game has literally nothing that looks like cricket

Unless you mean no one is watching

The population of Vimpeli likely doubles during a playoff match. The game is most popular in rural areas so the stands don't fit more than 2-6 thousand at a time to begin with. And in all fairness the regular Finnish crowd isn't loud by any standards, unless it's a big game.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The population of Vimpeli likely doubles during a playoff match. The game is most popular in rural areas so the stands don't fit more than 2-6 thousand at a time to begin with. And in all fairness the regular Finnish crowd isn't loud by any standards, unless it's a big game.
Sorry dude, that was meant to be a dig at cricket and shrinking crowd numbers.

I have no beef with that game, I mean for outsiders the rules look random but it looks like a fun game to play, especially as a kid. American sports tend to have rules that cater to spectators' enjoyment and not what's the most fun for the players.

Reactions: HelloCookie

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
It's all good mate, no worries. I didn't interpret it as a jab but more like healthy banter. Besides this is pretty much the blueprint of the discussion when I bring pesäpallo up with non-finns :) or bigger rinks in hockey, progressive speeding tickets, salty licorice as a popular candy, you name it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->