OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I've been microdosing LSD pretty frequently lately. Not enough to get that smack-in-the-face realization that I'm actually alive in this moment, which I'm not sure I want right now, but enough to attack the day while being kind and empathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: xtra and mathonwy

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Taking miniscule amounts of LSD on a regular basis is pretty big right now, especially among educated upper-middle-class creatives (who, of course, generally don't get arrested for possessing or taking drugs).

Taking Acid At Work Might Make You a Better Person - Digg

Ignore the article and listen to the embedded podcast. Then microwave a burrito or something. It's not like you have much else to do.

Interesting, I’ll check this out, thanks.
I knew microdosing shrooms is popular right now, but didn’t know about LSD.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Interesting, I’ll check this out, thanks.
I knew microdosing shrooms is popular right now, but didn’t know about LSD.
I've microdosed with mushrooms as well and the effect is similar. With mushrooms, I got some capsules of a dose more or less known/found to be appropriate by the person who provided them, I think they came in capsule form from a supplier. With LSD, I just snip off a tiny portion of a blotter and eat it. You need a sliver, maybe a twentieth of the tab. As far as I know, I present as the exact same person but more cheerful and considerate, because I am more cheerful and considerate, and not ruminating on things that happened a week ago or that I'm afraid will happen in the future. It's like going without caffeine for a few weeks then having a cup of coffee that hits you just right, except it lasts all day and doesn't taper off.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I've microdosed with mushrooms as well and the effect is similar. With mushrooms, I got some capsules of a dose more or less known/found to be appropriate by the person who provided them, I think they came in capsule form from a supplier. With LSD, I just snip off a tiny portion of a blotter and eat it. You need a sliver, maybe a twentieth of the tab. As far as I know, I present as the exact same person but more cheerful and considerate, because I am more cheerful and considerate, and not ruminating on things that happened a week ago or that I'm afraid will happen in the future. It's like going without caffeine for a few weeks then having a cup of coffee that hits you just right, except it lasts all day and doesn't taper off.

What happened to your supply last Canucks season?

jk bandy, nothing you can say now will stop me from loving you forever.

Reactions: mathonwy

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
What happened to your supply last Canucks season?

jk bandy, nothing you can say now will stop me from loving you forever.
I took it all at once and stayed up for three days looking at my Twitter feed, which is how I was able to determine Tryamkin was interested in coming back. Afterwards I was headhunted by an American think tank. That was months ago, of course. I was actually surprised to read about the site glitching for everyone, I assumed it was just me posting through an Estonian VPN 200 feet below the surface of the ocean in a rebreather apparatus.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008

where does one procure such things ..... uhhh asking for just general knowledge as I am bored and also a friend would like to know.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I took it all at once and stayed up for three days looking at my Twitter feed, which is how I was able to determine Tryamkin was interested in coming back. Afterwards I was headhunted by an American think tank. That was months ago, of course. I was actually surprised to read about the site glitching for everyone, I assumed it was just me posting through an Estonian VPN 200 feet below the surface of the ocean in a rebreather apparatus.

I had no idea American think tanks were so concerned about our 3rd round draft picks!

PS you don't need to self-isolate to that extent 150 feet would do

Reactions: mathonwy

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Once every year or two I have to play y tough the original Pokemon game (red or blue), just for nostalgia's sake. It still holds up as a way to pass the time. Man I spent a lot of time on that game as a kid.

Anyone else have something from their childhood they go back to occassionally?

Or an alternate topic; what were your favorite video games as a kid?

Other than the above, I'd include NHL 98 for PC, first hockey game I owned, can still hear Jim Hughson and Darryl Ray (whoever that is) commentating. "AND A TRUCK HIT HIM!"
It had such a badass intro too.

For the Sega it was Mortal Kombat, Sonic 2 and Road Rash.

For Playstation is was the Madden series, probably played '04 the most, with Vick on the cover. Final Fantasy 7 I think, and some others like Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Cool Boarders, crash Bandicoot and Grand Turismo.

And later on, GTA Vice City.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Once every year or two I have to play y tough the original Pokemon game (red or blue), just for nostalgia's sake. It still holds up as a way to pass the time. Man I spent a lot of time on that game as a kid.

Anyone else have something from their childhood they go back to occassionally?

Other than the above, I'd include NHL 98 for PC, first hockey game I owned, can still hear Jim Hughson and Darryl Ray (whoever that is) commentating. "AND A TRUCK HIT HIM!"
It had such a badass intro too.

For the Sega it was Mortal Kombat, Sonic 2 and Road Rash.

For Playstation is was the Madden series, probably played '04 the most, with Vick on the cover. Final Fantasy 7 I think, and some others like Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Cool Boarders, crash Bandicoot and Grand Turismo.

And later on, GTA Vice City.

I've been going on a massive old game binge lately, and SSX3 is the one I haven't been able to put down. Same over-the-top style as the Tony Hawk series, highly recommend.

Extremely replayable given that there's a ridiculous amount of different ways to approach the All Peak Race.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I've been going on a massive old game binge lately, and SSX3 is the one I haven't been able to put down. Same over-the-top style as the Tony Hawk series, highly recommend.

Extremely replayable given that there's a ridiculous amount of different ways to approach the All Peak Race.
Do not know what game you are referring to.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site

Wish I could find Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. SNK Baseball Stars was ahead of its time with customable rosters, players names and building player abilities. Contra, Double Dragon II and the best video game ever Teenage Mutant Ninja II.

NHL94 was always a classic.

Sim City was always a computer favorite, shout-out to The Oregon Trail.

N64 had a few favorites. Countless hours getting killed in Goldeneye. Tony Hawk III and I cannot remember which version off the WWF game but the create a wrestler and career was amazing.

And Vice City wasted too many hours on.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Wish I could find Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. SNK Baseball Stars was ahead of its time with customable rosters, players names and building player abilities. Contra, Double Dragon II and the best video game ever Teenage Mutant Ninja II.

NHL94 was always a classic.

Sim City was always a computer favorite, shout-out to The Oregon Trail.

N64 had a few favorites. Countless hours getting killed in Goldeneye. Tony Hawk III and I cannot remember which version off the WWF game but the create a wrestler and career was amazing.

And Vice City wasted too many hours on.

:thumbu:

Reactions: VC

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
i have some news that may or may not be true.

Apparently, Kim Jong Un may or may not be knock knock knocking on heaven's (Hell's!) door. Fingers crossed it's real news....

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
i have some news that may or may not be true.

Apparently, Kim Jong Un may or may not be knock knock knocking on heaven's (Hell's!) door. Fingers crossed it's real news....
It was stated by both CNN and NBC reporters on Twitter that Jong Un is braindead, but they then backed away from their source. At the very least, he seems to be in critical condition following a procedure purported to have been cardiac surgery. He was also absent a week ago from an important public ceremony.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
It was stated by both CNN and NBC reporters on Twitter that Jong Un is braindead, but they then backed away from their source. At the very least, he seems to be in critical condition following a procedure purported to have been cardiac surgery. He was also absent a week ago from an important public ceremony.
So you’re saying there’s a chance it’s true?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad