OT: The OT Self-Isolation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Have fun with Hayden Hurst, he's going to get over 800 yards easily for y'all.

Not sure how you know I’m a Falcons fan but I’m impressed.

I hated that trade ( I don’t hate Hurst) just don’t think it should have cost that much.

should be a good night and the very least just a good distraction.

Reactions: Josepho

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
So, am I just blind or is there no search function here any more?

Anyway, did anyone else see Price is Right last week (April 15th). Had a prize of going to the NHL finals game 4, with the Cup and 4 jerseys on stage - St. Louis, Washington, Tampa, and the Canucks.

Made me LOL. 3 contenders, 1 pretender.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

Anyway, did anyone else see Price is Right last week (April 15th). Had a prize of going to the NHL finals game 4, with the Cup and 4 jerseys on stage - St. Louis, Washington, Tampa, and the Canucks.

Who you singling out there??

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not sure how you know I’m a Falcons fan but I’m impressed.

I hated that trade ( I don’t hate Hurst) just don’t think it should have cost that much.

should be a good night and the very least just a good distraction.

Totally agree. Decent target, terrible price. No way should he have been worth a 2nd round pick.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Been looking forward to it for weeks.

Two potentially franchise changing QBs, some high end defensive players, A highly touted Canadian from Abbotsford could go as high as late 1st round, should be exciting.

Claypool never had a chance to go in the 1st, but 2nd round would still be pretty impressive. There are just so many WRs though that he could fall further into the draft. I still think 3rd round at the latest. He's a good guy and will at least stick around the league for a long-time due to his special teams ability.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Claypool never had a chance to go in the 1st, but 2nd round would still be pretty impressive. There are just so many WRs though that he could fall further into the draft. I still think 3rd round at the latest. He's a good guy and will at least stick around the league for a long-time due to his special teams ability.
Turned out to be a very unpredictable 1st round for WRs.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Well I’m kinda disappointed for the ravens;

I get that Queen was the top lb after Simmons but I worry about his size at 6 feet 229. I was hoping for murray or us to pull a trade up for lamb/jeudy but in ozzy/decosta I trust.

now I hope we get some wr help or offensive line help at pick 55/60

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Turned out to be a very unpredictable 1st round for WRs.

The order got moved around a bit, but all of those guys went pretty much around where they were expected. Mims, Shenault, Pittman and Higgins should go pretty early today with KJ Hamler being the other option if a team needs a slot guy. I think after that cluster is when the board gets really wacky so you could see Claypool go anywhere from late 2nd to early 4th.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The order got moved around a bit, but all of those guys went pretty much around where they were expected. Mims, Shenault, Pittman and Higgins should go pretty early today with KJ Hamler being the other option if a team needs a slot guy. I think after that cluster is when the board gets really wacky so you could see Claypool go anywhere from late 2nd to early 4th.
I don't think anyone saw the Raiders taking their guy or Lamb falling to the Cowboys.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Surprised Lamb fell and Aiyuk snuck in.

Queen going to be a beast in Baltimore.

claypool goes top 3rd of the 3rd probably going to be a move TE at the next level.

other than that nothing crazy happened except Clyde being the first RB off the board.

Reactions: m9

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
i have to keep track of everyone here who is an avid football fan, there doesn't seem to be a lot of us.
Been tough for me to get into. I like the Seahawks but I’m not a diehard by any means. I’d rather the Mariners win a regular season game than the Seahawks. I have absolutely zero desire to watch any other team than the Seahawks - won’t be going out of my way to catch anyone play. Well I guess I shouldn’t say that - I do watch SNF and MNF.

People say baseball is boring but I struggle to see much of a difference in terms of pace of play between the two, I really do.

I watch commercials and a football game keeps coming on. It’s odd. Not sure why that keeps happening to me.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Top right, magnifying glass icon. Or am I tripping.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Been tough for me to get into. I like the Seahawks but I’m not a diehard by any means. I’d rather the Mariners win a regular season game than the Seahawks. I have absolutely zero desire to watch any other team than the Seahawks - won’t be going out of my way to catch anyone play. Well I guess I shouldn’t say that - I do watch SNF and MNF.

People say baseball is boring but I struggle to see much of a difference in terms of pace of play between the two, I really do.

I watch commercials and a football game keeps coming on. It’s odd. Not sure why that keeps happening to me.

The pace in football can absolutely be boring and a lot of games outside of primetime are unwatchable. Very few people are sitting here grinding Bears vs. Jaguars film. I get why so many people find the sport boring.

I think one of the main appeals it's supposed to have over baseball, or at least in my case, is the chess-match aspect of it and how there are so many different tactics and ways to win. The fact that the three best teams in the league last season (Ravens, Chiefs, 49ers) all ran their offences very differently from each other is extremely interesting and no other North American sport has that much tactical variance.

How the NFL schedule is arranged is probably a factor as to why the NFL Sunday experience is awesome. There are a bunch of games on simultaneously, many of which will have a serious impact on the seeding and playoff race on any given week. RedZone is something that just doesn't really work effectively with any other sport, and watching it is fascinating. Every game feels like a playoff game, and I'd probably get more into baseball if their games had a higher sense of urgency.

I played football growing up, so I might be more biased towards dorky strategic shit than the average person though.

Don't hate watching baseball either though, was planning on starting to regularly watch and root for a team this season.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The pace in football can absolutely be boring and a lot of games outside of primetime are unwatchable. Very few people are sitting here grinding Bears vs. Jaguars film. I get why so many people find the sport boring.

I think one of the main appeals it's supposed to have over baseball, or at least in my case, is the chess-match aspect of it and how there are so many different tactics and ways to win. The fact that the three best teams in the league last season (Ravens, Chiefs, 49ers) all ran their offences very differently from each other is extremely interesting and no other North American sport has that much tactical variance.

How the NFL schedule is arranged is probably a factor as to why the NFL Sunday experience is awesome. There are a bunch of games on simultaneously, many of which will have a serious impact on the seeding and playoff race on any given week. RedZone is something that just doesn't really work effectively with any other sport, and watching it is fascinating. Every game feels like a playoff game, and I'd probably get more into baseball if their games had a higher sense of urgency.

I played football growing up, so I might be more biased towards dorky strategic shit than the average person though.

Don't hate watching baseball either though, was planning on starting to regularly watch and root for a team this season.

Football is probably more technical and tactical than baseball but there is quite a bit of strategy involved - in any sport really. I don’t think I could do baseball justice in terms of creating an argument for the sport that there is so much involved.

I’m not stat nerd at all but I find it absolutely fascinating that the sport of baseball is so analytically driven. There is stats for every single thing.

I also have never taken interest into play calls etc but I do know how insane it can get and how awesome they can be. Was always tough for me to figure out and I wasn’t really willing to put the time in to learn, when I’m having issues watching an entire game.

Just like you, I don’t hate football at all but I would pick other sports to watch if I had the choice for sure. I went to a Seahawks game and it was amazing - every sport is so much better in person it’s pretty crazy. I just need to check an NBA game off my list.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012

You're an odd duck PG. Then again I hear Price George is pretty challenged when it comes to "pace
".

Another WR off the board to start the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->