OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Does anyone need a Dell laptop charger for free? Fits all Latitude models (since 2011 at least, I think). I couldn't find a working adapter for my own charger so I bought a new one from Memory Express. Pick-up tomorrow before noon, Banff Trail Station

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Don't know how many folks follow the NBA on this board... but the Warriors who were already an All-Star team, just added another legitimate all-star (4X) to their roster.

It's as if the team already had McDavid (Durant), Karlsson (Chef), Tarasenko (Clay) and Stastny (Green) on the team... then went ahead and added Brent Burns to it as well.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Don't know how many folks follow the NBA on this board... but the Warriors who were already an All-Star team, just added another legitimate all-star (4X) to their roster.

It's as if the team already had McDavid (Durant), Karlsson (Chef), Tarasenko (Clay) and Stastny (Green) on the team... then went ahead and added Brent Burns to it as well.
Stastny?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

In all honestly it's quite shrewd from Boogie as now he pretty much gets his ring, then can hit the market healthy next season and get a max contract from another team. Smart move by him but a sh*** move for every NBA fan.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
In all honestly it's quite shrewd from Boogie as now he pretty much gets his ring, then can hit the market healthy next season and get a max contract from another team. Smart move by him but a sh*** move for every NBA fan.

Oh yeah.
Like he'll get his ring. They'll walk through the West, and then 4 the East.

Like, that's what horrible about the NBA. Today, july 2nd, I can tell you the Warriors will win the entire thing.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

For that reason I have a hard time watching the NBA. I did like watching my Jazz with Donovan Mitchell, but who is going to want to watch the same team win over and over? If my team can't get past the second round, what's the point?

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
It’s hard to even call them a dynasty. They’re an allstar team. Why would a small market team even bother dumping a lot of assets in being competitive?

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I think I need to get back to Calgary. The weather here is just unbearable, over +30C for the last week and it's not getting any colder anytime soon. And I'm not even kidding, +20 would be better for me, I dont have air conditioning and it's been at least +28 indoors for the last week

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think I need to get back to Calgary. The weather here is just unbearable, over +30C for the last week and it's not getting any colder anytime soon. And I'm not even kidding, +20 would be better for me, I dont have air conditioning and it's been at least +28 indoors for the last week
I was just in France for a week and it was 38 every single day. No big screens and no fans or AC. Just awful at night. Holiday was great, though.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but it's no different here right now man. It's been 29-34 over the past week. My friend in Castlegar had at least one day pushing 40

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Looks like around 30C for the next 1,5 weeks at least. If I still had holidays left it would be ok but not while I'm working. Some forest fires at Lapland as well, though I think Sweden is suffering even more in that regard, and some Southern European countries as well. I think I read somewhere that the avegare temperatures here are breaking 100 yo records

I honestly enjoy -20C weather more

May 27, 2012
Earth
Looks like around 30C for the next 1,5 weeks at least. If I still had holidays left it would be ok but not while I'm working. Some forest fires at Lapland as well, though I think Sweden is suffering even more in that regard, and some Southern European countries as well. I think I read somewhere that the avegare temperatures here are breaking 100 yo records

I honestly enjoy -20C weather more

Yeah, the world is burning. We have had a lot more fires in Canada the past 2 weeks than last year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, the world is burning. We have had a lot more fires in Canada the past 2 weeks than last year.
What? Last year was the worst in recent memory for fires. pretty much all of BC and southern Alberta were on fire last year.

May 27, 2012
Earth
What? Last year was the worst in recent memory for fires. pretty much all of BC and southern Alberta were on fire last year.

Well, not Ontario. Normally there aren't too many fires here but this summer has been brutal for Ontario. Not just Ontario either, many parts of the world. Alberta and BC are one part of the country. This time it's a huge portion of the country on fire. 21 of the 55 fires in Ontario are still out of control.

That's why I said there have more fires than last year. I don't remember any forest fire fires in Ontario last year.

The past 2-3 weeks have been crazy. The MNR has been buying tons of food from the local grocery store for the firefighters nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad