OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
World Cup starts today! :hyper:

For the inevitable "Who Cares" replies, I got you babe.

UAJaUKB.jpg

Reactions: Kahvi

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Usually makes for the most exciting football.
True, this games been better than I expected, just a shame that Saudi hasn't been able to do much with all their possession. Another good thing is we get very exciting games tomorrow imo along with Morocco v Iran having the possibility to be a good one as well.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My favourite part of the World Cup has to be when the Moroccan player got totally knocked out in a head-to-head collision, then the trainer was slapping him in the face on the sidelines.

I guess we know what happens in the dark room when players get pulled off the bench for concussion protocol.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I forgot to tell you guys that Tuesday I proposed to my girlfriend. So, we are now engaged. Gonna be married in December!

Congrats man, but December isn't gonna work for me. I'll be in Idaho in August though haha

So how did you propose? That's a pretty quick turn around time for a wedding!

Last edited:

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Congrats man, but December isn't gonna work for me. I'll be in Idaho in August though haha

So how did you propose? That's a pretty quick turn around time for a wedding!

She and I go to the same school, and so I made her go around her apartment with some clues around places that we have hung out before. The final destination was a swing that she and I usually go to to just hang out and talk. I had a banner that said "marry me?" and some roses to top it all off. It was great!

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
She and I go to the same school, and so I made her go around her apartment with some clues around places that we have hung out before. The final destination was a swing that she and I usually go to to just hang out and talk. I had a banner that said "marry me?" and some roses to top it all off. It was great!

Sounds like you did a perfect job!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I think our avatar theme for next season should be "Night at a Museum"

Is there some way to incorporate the Peters and Peters drive in jokes into the avatars?

Players in scrubs, TransCanada or 16th ave puns or just fast food puns in general?

EDIT: Ooh, what about a "what a bunch of scrubs" theme and just put pics of players in scrubs like the girls at Peters working the cash registers with a pun below their name?

Off topic, my wife and I had our newborn recently... It's like being stuck in the wrong timezone 24 hours a day. It's been an adventure for sure. Awesome, but I don't seem to have the energy to truly enjoy it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad